Topic: T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM Week 32

Replies

• Okay, Prayerful with your blatant double-dog dare:grumble: How 'bout 30 minute circuit training and 20 minutes yoga ball exercises??? I didn't walk - I actually ran - sorta. Well, truth be told after the first couple of rounds, I stumbled forward really quickly, but it was very similar to running, I promise. And I breathed very very hard AND I was drenched in sweat. So there. I hope you feel good about yourself:tongue: (and thanks for the challenge!)

Prayerfulmom gladly accepts she's been shown who's rocks! Go lulu.

TOTALS: 1,715
    Cardiovascular Bicycling TOTALS: 2,058

those blasted scales were not kind the morning. i'm telling you've i've worked hard this week on the food area. if it doesn't cave into submission friday I'm smashing it:explode: jk.
  • group hug ((anita, kristi, lw4m, button, lulu))
    I have a song running through my head this morning from that movie madagascar: You've got to move it move it. Move it ladies. Do what it is you love!

that being said I love cycling and you see I get plenty of that. i need to start doing my strength training again. Got off due to my procedure and haven't resumed it. Need to do that today. That is one of those things i do not enjoy but I know is so important. i'll keep you posted on my progress:)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Yesterday's totals:
    1435 calories eaten. Um, did I mention I deliver pizza part-time? Did I mention despite the fact that I've worked at a pizza restaurant since I was 15, I still love pizza? Luckily I was able to limit myself to 1.5 slices of a thin crust pie with light cheese. Yeesh.
    587 burned again. Turns out I did feel like exercise afterall last night (thanks to the pizza). :devil:

Can't wait for Friday! :happy:
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good morning team :flowerforyou:

Got up and walked 30 minutes, had some coffee, ate breaky, logged food and drank some water... another great start :smile:

So far this week I've been doing well, I've been eating healthy, drinking all my water and walking 30 minutes in the morning and another 30 in the evening... stepped on the scale this morning just to see where I was at and I have already lost what I gained last week ... woohoo :smile: Now I just need to keep it up :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Have a great day everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • Yeah Lorann! Your an inspiration of how to jump back on the wagon and charge forward. Keep up the most excellent work!

jlb- good intake and excellent that you worked in the exercise. Better chug a lug:drinker: as the sodium monster from that "p" word food can sneak in and rob you of your joy at weigh in. bottoms up.:drinker:

I managed to do upper body this morning plus my bicycle commute in. ok Ladies....You got to move it move it. You've got to move it move it. (are you seeing the virtual congo line...hop on in).

I challenge you all to a movement challenge today. Whatever that is to you: stairs, walking, dancing, deep house cleaning, video tapes, gym, bicycle. Just move it!!!!! :wink:
  • Okay Prayerful mom...going to take the challenge on...After work today ...going for a walk. I need to get some exercise...and I know it as I can feel my body saying PLEASE do something. One other reason I wasn't walking so much lately as I was getting bitten by some sort of insect that kept making my feet swell up big time. Actually made my muscles ache in my feet and calves. Happened 5 times and so scared it might happen again. Not sure what is biting me...but trust me not fun. So that has slowed down my exercise routine too. I know excuses...

Anyways, hoping to be 100 % on track again by this coming Monday. My B/day done now...so just my grandsons on Sunday. But promise to keep working towards getting back on track 100% by Monday.

Got my ultrasound on Friday morning...anyone got any good no fat recipes for me to eat tomorrow night. I have to have a no fat supper and stop all eating by 10 PM. I know I can eat a salad...but surely someone has a good idea out there besides rabbit food all night. LOL. Can't wait to get that over with Friday. Having two ultrasounds that day...abdomen and pelvic. I have to drink 32 ounces of water for the pelvic one before 7:30 AM on Friday morning too, but also have to have an empty stomach for the abdomen. Hey got half my water into me already for the day. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Got to look on the bright side right!!!!

Anyways, good to see you all working so hard to meet your goals. Keep up the great work.

Hugs to you all.

Button
  • LittleSpy
    jlb- good intake and excellent that you worked in the exercise. Better chug a lug:drinker: as the sodium monster from that "p" word food can sneak in and rob you of your joy at weigh in. bottoms up.:drinker:
    Oh yes, I snuck in nearly 4 liters yesterday & I've already finished my 1st liter today. So far gone are the days when I can sleep through the night without getting up to visit the restroom. :laugh: I totalled 2518mg sodium yesterday which isn't absolutely horrible, but a good bit more than usual for me. I have a 1200 calorie day ahead of me today which should be a piece of c....um... it should be easy. :wink:

I'm concerned TOM is going to ruin my week 1 weigh in, though. :blushing: I have a feeling it's about to rear it's ugly head. I'm sorry, I know that's TMI, I just figure you ladies can relate. Maybe the bloating will be better than usual with all the water I'm drinking. :ohwell:
  • LittleSpy
    You guys, speaking of peanut butter, I've tried the all natural one I liked it well enough but the cals and fat vs. the "regular" peanut butter was confusing...The natural was more. What do you guys think? Does it make that big a difference?
    One of the main reasons I have switched to natural peanut butter is that it doesn't have added hydrogenated oils like regular peanut butter. I think hydrogenated oils are significantly harder for our bodies to process. It's unnatural, and since our body's digestive system IS natural, it's unequipped to process hydrogenated oils like the ones found in regular peanut butter.
    I also find natural peanut butter more satisfying somehow.

It's pretty much the same reason it's been determined that butter is better for you than margarine.

I hope that made sense.
  • Well Prayerful mom...checking out of work now and going home to step up to your challenge....looking forward to this walk and some alone time. :)) Thanks for challenging me.

Button
  • Well Prayerful mom...checking out of work now and going home to step up to your challenge....looking forward to this walk and some alone time. :)) Thanks for challenging me.

Button
    :tongue: Way to go!
    I was going to suggest some OFF or citrenella if your still having bug bite issues.
    I hope your ultrasound gives clarity to the issue.

jlb-we always are sure to claim TOM and not feel derailed by it. and holy-moly-you-drink-a-lot!
  • Hey the internet is down at my house and I don't know how long it will take the phone company to get on it so I might miss the weight in but i'll follow the links and find you next week, if I have to.
  • daily wrap up:

TOTALS: 1,612

Cardiovascular
    Bicycling TOTALS: 2,058
  • Hello ladies,

I am super excited to start a new training program with my mp3 player - it should speed up my wogging considerably. (kind of like couch25k with voice over to change your pace.)

I have been eating more healthy lately but not logging it. Too lazy. I will weigh in this Friday to see where I'm at. Catch up on posts later.

Good night all :yawn:
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    ok for weigh in on Friday. There was no change this week. 3 week in a row :(
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi gang, this is my Wednesday post. IT was a long day at work, but very productive. I love my work some days. Most days. I am taking a break from exercise today after two days doing well. I need to make my off days cardio days, but I haven't quite worked that out yet. Here are my daily stats:

1102 calories Monday
    510 calories burned (Strength training)

1118 calories Tuesday
    544 calories burned (Strength training)

1215 calories Wednesday
    Rest

I know my calories are kind of low, but I am eating lots of veggies and feeling pretty full. So far so good. I'll check in tomorrow. Love you all.
  • HM-:happy: I love the excitement you've created with your wogging. Way to get yourself motivated. I have this fast paced techno music from dj steveboy. I only listen to it while exercise but its amazing being a person who keeps to beats this music causes me to work harder. Have a wonderful wog.

cb-:ohwell: dang. well have a great time this weekend in LV. Come back and lay it on hard girl.

kristi=funny cause i looked at your log and i was like 'woo, that is low' then you addressed it. its a tricky game we play isn't it. hard to know if its beneficial or not. hope tomorrow is good to you.

I'm still having trouble buying into eating 2000 calories a day like I was advised due to my high metabolism. maybe because i'm not buying the burn that shows on my heart rate monitor or this site for cycling. Seriously how can I burn more in an hour cycling than i do running. I'm working out much harder on the run. hum.

so how did you all measure up to the challenge to just move it move it? I got in my walking at work than normal and on my bike ride home I really pushed it hard.

I'll give ya'll another chance to just move it move it:laugh: Let's do our last chance workout today for tomorrow's weigh in. Let us feel like big losers this week=)
  • LittleSpy
    so how did you all measure up to the challenge to just move it move it? I got in my walking at work than normal and on my bike ride home I really pushed it hard.

I moved it. Although I've done at least 30 minutes on my bike every day this week, last night I decided to use the Couch25k week 1 training concept (push really hard for 60 seconds, rest for 90, etc.) and it worked really well. I felt like I got a lot more out of that 30 minutes. I've been focusing on arm strength training this week and wooo my arms are sore this morning. It hurts so good. :wink: I've also been working a lot on my flexibility this week and I'm happy to report I've gone from not being able to touch my toes at all :embarassed: to being able to easily wrap my hands around my feet which is a huge improvement. Boy, I had let myself get really out of shape. :frown: Certainly glad to see the improvement. :bigsmile:
  • so how did you all measure up to the challenge to just move it move it? I got in my walking at work than normal and on my bike ride home I really pushed it hard.

I moved it. Although I've done at least 30 minutes on my bike every day this week, last night I decided to use the Couch25k week 1 training concept (push really hard for 60 seconds, rest for 90, etc.) and it worked really well. I felt like I got a lot more out of that 30 minutes. I've been focusing on arm strength training this week and wooo my arms are sore this morning. It hurts so good. :wink: I've also been working a lot on my flexibility this week and I'm happy to report I've gone from not being able to touch my toes at all :embarassed: to being able to easily wrap my hands around my feet which is a huge improvement. Boy, I had let myself get really out of shape. :frown: Certainly glad to see the improvement. :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Excellent! They say that interval training like you did has a longer lasting calorie burn than just steady pace training. Way to go!!!!! It sounds like your doing a well rounded routine. Cardio, strength, and flexibility. Two thumbs up!

I'm adding in 10 minute trainer strength training this week. Next week back to the big dogs and P90X.:sad:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Morning all...

I've been sticking to my Jenny Craig - the food is quite yummy and with adding veggies, fruits and small salads I seem to be full.. Tuesday was tough, I started my period and was HUNGRY for CHOCOLATE... I got through it... I need to start exercising... Ugg I just can't seem to do it...

I will go and weigh in on Saturday.. I checked on my scale yesterday but due to the TOM I shouldn't have.. I have vowed to only weigh once a week and I will do that at Jenny Craig... Follow the scale there for now..

I hope everyone is having a great week...

Anita
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    prayerful - thank you for the confidence in me :flowerforyou: I think this is the first year I'm not looking forward to the Holidays :laugh: I know it's going to be really hard... but I know I can do this!!

jlb - great job!! Keep it up!!

crazybee - Have a wonderful time in Vegas and don't stress over it to much... just get back at it full force when you get back :flowerforyou:

Well I better get back to work here ... talk to you all later!!

OMG Lorann.. Look at you.. : ) Good job on the 51 lbx.. YOU my dear look great....