Still only losing inches---

Ok, I am in my 4th week now of exercising everyday and staying within my calories range. I have only lost about 2 lbs but I am definately losing more in inches. Which of course I am also happy about! I lost 3" around my tummy, and about 2.5" around my thighs (which I could notice when trying on clothes at the store yesterday!), 1" in my calves and 1" from armpit to armpit. However, I'm a little bummed that the scale is not moving much. Is that still because I am toning my muscle? Will the wait eventually start coming off? I am eating my exercise calories (some days I have between 200-300 calories that don't get eaten).
Here is what I do to exercise: 3-4 days a week (I do 30 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes on a stationary bike and 30 minnutes of weights). 5-7 days a week (I walk outside..on the days I also go to the gym, I usually only walk 1.5 miles and on the days that I don't go to the gym, I try to do 1.5 miles in the morning and 1.5 miles in the evening).

It was fun to try on a swim suit yesterday and visibly see the difference in my thighs :smile:

Replies

• Ok, I am in my 4th week now of exercising everyday and staying within my calories range. I have only lost about 2 lbs but I am definately losing more in inches. Which of course I am also happy about! I lost 3" around my tummy, and about 2.5" around my thighs (which I could notice when trying on clothes at the store yesterday!), 1" in my calves and 1" from armpit to armpit. However, I'm a little bummed that the scale is not moving much. Is that still because I am toning my muscle? Will the wait eventually start coming off? I am eating my exercise calories (some days I have between 200-300 calories that don't get eaten).
    Here is what I do to exercise: 3-4 days a week (I do 30 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes on a stationary bike and 30 minnutes of weights). 5-7 days a week (I walk outside..on the days I also go to the gym, I usually only walk 1.5 miles and on the days that I don't go to the gym, I try to do 1.5 miles in the morning and 1.5 miles in the evening).

It was fun to try on a swim suit yesterday and visibly see the difference in my thighs :smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    well, could be muscle, which is great, it could also be that your body is retaining more water to account for the increase in activity, which is also fine. When your body find's it's equalibrium with your new routine, the weight will start to come off a little quicker. Congratz on the measurements though, it's a sure sign that what you are doing is working!
  • Never thought about my body retaining more water. How long does it typically take for your body to adjust itself?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

If I may. . .this explains the water thing (and other factors) very, very well.

I love this article.:flowerforyou:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

If I may. . .this explains the water thing (and other factors) very, very well.

I love this article.:flowerforyou:

Thanks viviakay. That was a very interesting article. I am pretty bad about not getting all of my water in and that article prompted me to get up and fill my glass!!! Thanks for the butt bump! :laugh:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Thanks so much for that link, awesome article :)