Guilt Free Chips and Salsa

Replies

• myaldog
    myaldog Posts: 4 Member
    GREAT IDEA! I already bring my own tortilla wrapped up in foil and ready!!! I buy the ole extreme wellness kind with only 70 calories!!! WE WILL WIN!!!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Looks great. Never thought to make my own.
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    luv this site.....thanks!
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Great idea!!
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Yummy! This looks awesome!
  • giggles_0905
    giggles_0905 Posts: 4 Member
    Bump
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    bumpity bump bump
  • CristlNothem
    CristlNothem Posts: 54 Member
    thanks so much. I love me some tortilla chips, but cant ever afford the calories. going to make these soon with the leftover tortillas i have in the fridge!!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    bump
  • valadees
    valadees Posts: 16 Member
    Yum, yum!
  • svioleta
    svioleta Posts: 21 Member
    sounds good
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Thank you for posting, I LOVE salsa and tortilla chips but have never made my own chips yet! I'm going to try it this weekend!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    The link for the original post doesn't have the chips on it... lots of other great stuff, but not the chips.

I think that MFP changed the link address for my original post. If you scan through my MFP blog, though, you''ll find it.

The short answer is:

1) Cut 40 calorie tortillas into 8 slices.
    2) Lightly spray cookie sheet and arrange chips.
    3) Lightly spray top of chips with cooking spray and season with salt (and garlic and/or rosemary, if desired)
    4) Bake at 400 degrees until they start to brown.
    5) Remove from oven-- AND LET THEM SIT FOR A FEW MINUTEST TO CRISP UP. If you try to eat them immediately they'll taste stale. They get nice and crispy after a few minutes, though.

Enjoy!

-Chelle
  • Krystal915
    Krystal915 Posts: 2 Member
    This reminds me of an old recipe I used to make, but it was cinnamon chips and fruit salsa. . . more on the healthy dessert side. I will have to post the recipe once I find it :) Thanks for this! I LOVE chips and salsa!!!
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Thanks for sharing...gonna try this!!!!
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    bump
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    bump!!
  • rainbownerdsgirl
    rainbownerdsgirl Posts: 14 Member
    awesome recipe thanks,

also found out the chipotle offers a child size portion of their chips with their salsa for 120 calories total

I love chipotle mild salsa , we also make home made pico de gallo with all different fresh peppers and tomatoes
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    bump for later :)
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Now that you have the guilt free chips, you need our "incredible handcrafted award winning salsa". Our company is Salsa Patron based in AZ. Our salsa has won many awards for it's flavor, freshness, and chock full of veggies. We use anywhere from 17-32 fresh ingredients based on the mild to the hot!! If interested, email us at salsapatron@yahoo.com

I'll check you guys out!

-Chelle