SwEEt TooTH - need ideas

I need HELP! I have got a major sweet tooth and need some ideas on low cal and/or low fat treats. I'm one of those that needs a little something after lunch and sometimes even dinner. I try to do other things so I don't think about having a sweet something but then I don't feel satisfied when I realized I haven't had it. So dumb... it's all in my head but I was hoping I could get some good ideas from some of the successful MFP members!

Replies

• NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Hey, I definitely know the feeling of needing sweets! I've been eating fresh fruit (strawberries, watermelon), and also added Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk. Soooo yummy. Good luck!
  • Cindygutie
    Cindygutie Posts: 50 Member
    small pieces of dark chocolate do it for me - like the little dove squares or hershey bliss - they are about 35-45 calories per square. And if you have 2 - its not that bad.
  • sunnyrunner77
    sunnyrunner77 Posts: 47 Member
    check out my blog, I've got a couple easy, low cal recipes to try out!
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    I'm a huge chocolate lover. I've found the jello 60 calorie snack packs are enough. There are a ton of different 100 calorie snack packs (my fav are chocolate covered pretzels) and I'm good with that through most of the day.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Fruit....apples, bananas, strawberries, watermelon, cantelope, pineapple, grapes (frozen)....you could couple fruit w/ yogurt or peanut butter. I have apple & almond butter just about every day....or apple and cheddar.

Otherwise you could buy one of those nice expensive bars of dark chocolate and portion it out for your lunches/post dinner snacks.
  • quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    sugar free pudding or jello, cottage cheese mixed with sugar free pudding or jello or sugar free jelly.

I just started body by vi shake challenge which I love b/c I have a wicked sweet tooth and it totally curves my sweet tooth since its taste sooo yummy.

good luck
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    a meringue nest
    Handful of frozen berries
    unsweetened yoghurt

150 cals and yummm
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    I eat a couple of jelly beans when I am craving somthing sweet.
  • newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    sugar free jello with fat free cool whip is my go to dessert...very tasty...Arctic Zero "ice cream" with zero calorie chocolate sauce from Walden Farms, strawberries, and cool whip...tasty sundae for around 120 cals. I also chew sugarless gum.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    I eat frozen fruit. Mostly berries. I don't drink milk, but have you tried, like, chocolate milk or something? Good source of protein, plus you're getting that chocolate fix. Also, dark chocolate chips. Just make sure someone hides the whole bag so you don't eat them in a sitting! Haha
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    i like to take a sugar free jello (10 cal), a no sugar added fruit cup (40 cal), and top it with fat free reddi whip (5 cal per 2 tbl)

SO SO SO DELICIOUS you can even binge and double portion this one and not feel bad
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Hungry Girl has a recipe in one of her books and all it is is you take devil's food cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Mix it together just those 2 ingredients,put in cup cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 mins. They are so good and on weight watchers they were only like 3 points a piece for a huge cupcake.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Somedays I simply eat a bite size snickers, three musketeers whatever. Or I buy the Emerald or Blue Diamond ALmonds in cocoa powder and it's helpful as well!
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 348
    Blue bunny has frozen yogurt bars. So yummy and 110 calories.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member

Second this! I L-O-V-E, love this site!!! Lots of yummy sweet recipes!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    -Emerald Sweet & Salty Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mixed Nut Blend
    -Ben & Jerry's frozen greek yogurt (the banana peanut butter is extremely delicious)
    -Blue Diamond Butter Toffee Flavor Natural Oven Roasted Almonds
    -Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares
  • glenoakchic2006
    glenoakchic2006 Posts: 128 Member
    I am the same as you every tooth in my mouth is a sweat tooth and I love to bake. But I have been eating skinny cow products. they have really good low cal ice cream snacks and they also have there version of a kit kat bar more or less that is only 110 cal. hope that helps, I love there sweat treats.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    I need HELP! I have got a major sweet tooth and need some ideas on low cal and/or low fat treats. I'm one of those that needs a little something after lunch and sometimes even dinner. I try to do other things so I don't think about having a sweet something but then I don't feel satisfied when I realized I haven't had it. So dumb... it's all in my head but I was hoping I could get some good ideas from some of the successful MFP members!

The problem with a sweet-tooth is that the more sugar you have, the more you're going to regularly crave it. Cut out any sweet drinks, even diet drinks. Eat fruit when you need your sweet tooth satiated. Stop regularly eating sugary foods other than fruit (of course occasional are fine, but make sure it's not every day). Eventually your sweet tooth will go away.