SwEEt TooTH - need ideas

Replies

• chergarr73
    chergarr73 Posts: 59 Member
    We are entering ice cream season, and there is a little ice cream shop close to our home that my kids like to frequent. Whenever we get them ice cream I have this...which makes me feel like I'm not missing a thing!
    Chocolate Shake:
    1 Banana (not ripe = YUCK!)
    1 Cup Almond , Soy or Skim milk
    1 TBSP Natural Peanut or Almond Butter
    1 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    Ice

It's DELICIOUS!
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    I need HELP! I have got a major sweet tooth and need some ideas on low cal and/or low fat treats. I'm one of those that needs a little something after lunch and sometimes even dinner. I try to do other things so I don't think about having a sweet something but then I don't feel satisfied when I realized I haven't had it. So dumb... it's all in my head but I was hoping I could get some good ideas from some of the successful MFP members!

This is me all the way!!!!!

I buy the skinny cow candies which are generally 120 calories per serving & they're pretty satisfying.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    My favorite thing to do is to make chocolate shakeology (you can do the same thing with chocolate protein powder) add 1/2 C vanilla greek yogurt, 1 C unsweetened Almond milk, 1 tsp of Peanut Butter and enough Ice in the blender so it is thick like a milkshake. Always curbs my sweet tooth. When I was trying to wean myself off of chocolate, I bought the worst tasting dark chocolate I could find and kept it in the house......It didn't take me long to slow way down on the amount of chocolate I ate.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Kempf's or anyone you like. frozen fat free yogurt. It' sweet and because it's cold it takes awhile to eat.
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Sugar Free Chocolate pudding by jello is awesome!!!!!Also trader Joe's has a100 calorie dark chocolate bar 1.99 gets you 5 bars!!!!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Dark chocolate covered espresso beans. A little chocolate, and coffee all rolled into one. 5 beans = 34 calories and really satisfies my craving
  • You could try the weight watchers frozen treats. I also enjoy sugar free jell-o with cool whip :)
  • 1Ciarrah
    1Ciarrah Posts: 55 Member
    bump - great ideas and I need them :o)
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    I need HELP! I have got a major sweet tooth and need some ideas on low cal and/or low fat treats. I'm one of those that needs a little something after lunch and sometimes even dinner. I try to do other things so I don't think about having a sweet something but then I don't feel satisfied when I realized I haven't had it. So dumb... it's all in my head but I was hoping I could get some good ideas from some of the successful MFP members!

The problem with a sweet-tooth is that the more sugar you have, the more you're going to regularly crave it. Cut out any sweet drinks, even diet drinks. Eat fruit when you need your sweet tooth satiated. Stop regularly eating sugary foods other than fruit (of course occasional are fine, but make sure it's not every day). Eventually your sweet tooth will go away.

This is absolutely true!!! I know I am a sugarholic and i just have to stay away otherwise it takes me a week or more to get back on track. I always compare it to being an alcoholic. Probably not as detrimental but the addiction is the same.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    100 calorie cookies

low fat ice cream sandwich

cup of sugar free pudding and I like putting some Rice Krispies in it

Kefir

sugar free vanilla ice cream and diet root beer or diet orange soda
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Little Debbie 100 Calorie Nutty Bars -- less of everything than the regular nutty bars, but gives me the chocolate, peanut butter, sweetness and crunch I crave and leaves me feeling satisfied. Don't know if they are available everywhere, though.

http://www.littledebbie.com/products/NuttyBarSingles.asp
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Here are a few things I like to snack on for a sweet fix:

Fruit
    Kashi Go Lean cereal (1/4 cup) with a mini box of raisins or dried cranberries.
    88% dark chocolate (sometimes I break in pieces and eat with raisins)
    dark chocolate covered bananas
    Kashi bars
    Kettle Corn rice cakes
    Peanut Butter or PB2
    Sweet Potato Chips
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Try Chapman's frozen yogurt (I like the dutch chocolate) 1/2 cup is only 90 calories and it is really good!:smile:
  • skinnytaste.com
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Put some grapes in the freezer (wash them first!) and it's like bite-size popsicles! They're delicious!! And a great cold treat now that summer's coming up again.
  • small pieces of dark chocolate do it for me - like the little dove squares or hershey bliss - they are about 35-45 calories per square. And if you have 2 - its not that bad.
    i also have a bag of the Hershey's bliss dark chocolate squares. it gets me through the tough times.
  • JenJohn85
    JenJohn85 Posts: 1
    Try something small like a piece of dark chocolate, mini peppermint pattie, sf pudding or sf jello. As a treat I will have a mini ice cream sandwich. There are lots of weight watcher ice creams and frozen fruit bars out there. Good luck!
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    i like licorice tea, its very sweet
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    I like those jello temptations things. Low cal and yummy!! Frozen grapes work really well too as they are sweet and crunchy.

17134251.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    Wrigley's Juicyfruit Dessert Gum. Apple pie is the best flavour, IMO.