T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM Week 33

If your new, please join us. All are welcome here. We are here to encourage, motivate, and hold each other accountable.

This is a journey about becoming an expert on our own body. No two bodies are the same. Therefore, no ‘diet’ plan works for all. Anyway, this is a lifestyle change not a diet. If we don’t see a loss; let’s not count it as a failure. Let us experiment and discover what works best for our beautifully and wonderfully made bodies. With that being said if someone strikes a challenge to the team and its not beneficial or is harmful to you please don’t feel bad (for example many drink half their weight in water but having a kidney disease excludes me from that challenge). There is no judgement here. No finger pointing. No one else can claim to be an expert on your body but you. It’s a process. We are here to support that process.

Fridays are weigh in days for those participating. Record it like this:
(username) sw208 gw150 cw 172 loss -2 lbs

When you post, copy and paste the list and add your results to the bottom of the list in your post, so that at the end we can see our results as a team - because that's what we are. A team Trying Hard Everyday.

Welcome to T.H.E. Team!

*******Challenge:********
HOLIDAY CHALLENGE: Thanksgiving -10 weeks, Christmas -14 weeks, New Years -15 Weeks
Set your goal 1 or 2 lbs a week. Post it for accountability; work for it!

Replies

• Had a -1.2 this week. That is actually big for me. I'm usually a 1/2 lb a week loser. My week will wrap up with 108 miles bike, 6 miles run, 1x swim, 3x strength training.

So I'm ready for the holiday challenge. 1lb per week goal for me. -10 for Thanksgiving, -14 for Christmas, -15 for New Years.

Crazybee-no change
    Manda-SW:198, GW:135, CW:170 = 1lbs loss
    Jlb-MFPSW: 266.8 09/17/09 - 261.4 = -5.4 pounds
    prayerfulmom-SW277, CW 225.6, GW 195 = -1.2
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good morning Team :flowerforyou:

Crazybee-no change
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 155 / CW 232 = a loss of 3.5 lbs

Was very happy when I stepped on the scale this morning, I have lost the 1.5 lbs I gained last week plus an additional loss of 2 lbs woohooo!!! 33 more pounds until I hit under the 200's ... I can't wait!!

prayerful - I'm up for the holiday challenges, but I'm hoping to lose the 2 lbs a week so I can get under the 200's by my birthday. I'm going to work really hard to do it!! Oh and the Thanksgiving challenge... I guess that's the US Thanksgiving because the Canadian Thanksgiving is in 3 weeks and 3 days :laugh:

Have a wonderful day everyone and a awesome weekend!!
  • Was very happy when I stepped on the scale this morning, I have lost the 1.5 lbs I gained last week plus an additional loss of 2 lbs woohooo!!! 33 more pounds until I hit under the 200's ... I can't wait!!
    Woo hoo!!!!
    prayerful - I'm up for the holiday challenges, but I'm hoping to lose the 2 lbs a week so I can get under the 200's by my birthday. I'm going to work really hard to do it!! Oh and the Thanksgiving challenge... I guess that's the US Thanksgiving because the Canadian Thanksgiving is in 3 weeks and 3 days :laugh: !!
    Awesome goals! and yes, that was US thngsgvng:smile:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Happy Friday..

So it's day 2 of exercising for me.. I feel good..

My lunch is packed and I am ready to go to work..

Major kudos to me!! I didn't log onto facebook first thing.. I actually got my butt outta bed put on my walking shoes and walked 30 mins on the treadmill and then did 80 crunches..

I won't weigh till tomorrow, I am weighing in with Jenny Craig and I only want to use that scale... Hope you all understand... But I will post it tomorrow....

Have a great Friday and congrats to everyone....

Anita:wink:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Crazybee-no change
    stillkristi - SW 460 / GW 195 / CW 381 = 5 lb loss

Hi team, well, I had gained back just a little over ten pounds during my summer away. I am now within two pounds of where I was when I left. Makes me feel pretty foolish, but at the same time, I am really glad to be back on the right track. And I must say, I am feeling GREAT!!! I will exercise today again, and that will reach my exercise goal for the week, but I still plan to exercise tomorrow as well. Next week, I expect my ticker to finally move down. YAY!!!!!!! Here is my goal for weight loss until Christmas = 30 pounds. I really hope to lose more, but that will be 2 pounds a week. I've been eating well within my calorie goals and now I just need to get my water consumption up. Thanks for being here everyone. Good luck and have a blessed weekend. Love you all!

Kristi
  • Awesome Anita and Kristi!

any ideas how to embed an excel spreadsheet?
  • Crazybee-no change
    healthymom - SW208/GW150/CW170= -2 lbs

These 2 lbs are what I gained over the last month of not staying on track/taking a break...whatever you want to call it. I am excited to see the scale go down to a new low number next week!

Count me in on the holiday challenge. I have 20 lbs to lose by Christmas to reach my goal weight.:drinker: I hear the last few pounds can be the hardest so I will need the team!
  • These 2 lbs are what I gained over the last month of not staying on track/taking a break...whatever you want to call it. I am excited to see the scale go down to a new low number next week!

we need a thumbs up smiley. Nice job!
  • Crazybee-no change
    pawprint- sw 168, gw 130, cw 156.4 = 1 pound loss
  • Nice jaw Paw!!!!

Where are the rest of the Team? I do so hope ya'll check in.

TOTALS: 1,474

Cardiovascular
    Bicycling TOTALS: 2,058
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Prayerful ~ Thanks for another great start to the week! AND congrats on the great loss! Way to cycle out the pounds!:happy: Where are you trying to embed the excel spreadsheet to? I might can help.

Crazybee ~ I'm thinking next week is your week woman! Work it:smokin:

Manda - Way to lose girl (and I ain't talkin' about the internet:wink: )

JLB - WOWSER:noway: What a FANTASTIC week you had! Right?!?! Way to goooooo!

Lorann - You are rockin' the weight loss friend! Yaaaaayyy you!

Anita - I'm happy you're back in the saddle! Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow! Good for you on the exercise!!

Kristiiiiiiiiiiii! AWESOME week for you!!! And myyyy (I say wolfishly) what big goals you have! I'm super psyched for you! Way to throw down a challenge!!

Healthymom ~ relosing is still losing! Great job! Only 20 from goal!!! I'm totally cheering you on!

Pawprint ~ Way to go!!!! And what a precious pic of you and your beautiful bambino!

Crazybee-no change
    lulubar~ sw205/gw145/cw183= -1 lb loss

Yeehaw! I'm losing again!

later gaters:heart:
  • paw-aparently i mistyped on the encouragment to you. that was job not jaw.=)

lulu- whoo hoo!!!!!

i was going to to a spreadsheet to embed on this sight. i've seen someone do it and mailed them but haven't heard back. I thought it would be good for the challenge to see it in writing every week in a spread sheet. any ideas how to accomplish that on here? (ps copy and paste doesn't work).
  • dr oz says you can't wait for motivation to act but you must act to be motivated. isn't that true like adopt4 was doing....fake it till you make it.
  • nitag
    Happy Saturday..

I like that saying " Fake it till you make it" .. I think that's a great idea..

I am up.

So last night we went to Mexican.. I had 4 chips with salsa and declined to eat.. I came home and ate Jenny Craig... I really felt the strength in me for the first time....

Got in a good workout this morning..

So I have to tell ya all something funny... All these years I thought I was 5"4.. No it's worse, I am 5"2.. God I am short...

I am off to go weigh in....

Have a great day everyone...

Anita:drinker:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Good morning team, what a beautiful Saturday it is! I am off to Recovery Day in a minute, but wanted to check in. had breakfast on the patio - granola, yogurt, fresh berries and toast. It was great! I hope to go for a bike ride later, and if I don't get the courage up to do that, it will just be a workout. Anyway, have a great weekend!

Lulu, thanks again - you rock.

Prayerful - you too!!! - I don't know how to do a spread sheet in MFP. Maybe we should email Mike?

Nita - wow! Willpower to spare. That is amazing. I am not sure I could do that. Good job!

Everyone else, check in, and take care! Love you!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    JLB - WOWSER:noway: What a FANTASTIC week you had! Right?!?! Way to goooooo!

It was good. But, it was pretty much week 1, so I'm going to be realistic and set this week's goal at 3 pounds. :smile:

I didn't exercise last night because I wasn't feeling well thanks to tom. But my food total was somehow only 1189 and even included 2 beers. :ohwell:

Keep up the awesome work, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • nitag
    Crazybee-no change
    lulubar~ sw205/gw145/cw183= -1 lb loss
    nitag - sw220/gw135/cw197 = - 1 lb loss

So I weighed in.. I lost 1 lb.. Was hoping for more but I'll take it..
  • Well group...glad to see everyone is doing so well. Once again I kind of went MIA. Was rising to the challenge of going for a walk that Prayerfulmom had put out there...and came home from work and had company. Was too ashamed that I failed that challenge....so stuck my head in the sand for a few days.

But now on a good note. I went for a walk today and also went to the gym to get refamiliarized (if that is a word) with the strength training machines. So...I am not a complete loss..just a temporary one. One more B/day tomorrow to get through and then things should settle down till Thankgiving. Which for us Canadians is in about 3 weeks. :)) But I figure if I can just stick to the plan till then I will be okay to eat as I wish that day...mind you I do believe in one day off a week so you don't get frustrated.

Also, did my test on Friday will see doctor next week on results. Man a no fat supper and nothing for the rest of the night was tough. Rabbit food...that was it and it sure doesn't stay with you long. LOL

Anyways...will keep posting...and keep trying. I really want this badly. Sorry if I seem repetitive I am sorry, bear with me and I hope that eventually it won't sound like the same song and dance.

Keep smiling guys...you are all GREAT!!!!

Hugs.

Button
  • anita-congrats! your doin' it! bet that feeling from dinner carries on.

kristi-mmmm that sounds yummy. i have have 2 breakfasts during the week. 1st at 4:30 am a smoothie before my bike ride in to work. since i've been on a 12 hour fast really need that energy. then at about 7:30 i have steelcut oatmeal with blueberries. yummy. glad to see you back. hope you did that bike ride or other movement. don't let courage stop you lady. look what all you've accomplished already.

button- that challenge was not meant to shame you.:cry: it was just to get in a bit of movement during all the celebration. Please shake it off and start fresh tomorrow k. Yeah on the gym!

jlb- don't dismiss what a great week you had. allow the celebration! 3 weeks may be a little high for next week but may be doable. shoot for the starts. congrats on your success for the first week!

yesterday was a no count day. I did a 5k yesterday for exercise.
  • nitag
    Happy Sunday....

Got a good 40 min walk this morning...

Today off to Reno to visit my parents... I am taking my food with me.. My mom always just has chips and dips and it's so hard to resist.. My game plan, carrots and fat free sour cream as well as some pringles (reduced fat) and of course some salsa.. Jenny Craig food as planned.. Hoping to stick with it.. Planning on lots of water today...

Feels good to be back...

Thanks Prayerfulmom for all the encourgement...