T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM Week 33

Replies

• Way to go you losers. Keep up the good work everyone. I totally busted this weekend. We had our last major cook out yesterday and I have been doing soooo good I wanted to give in a bit. So, I treated myself to some nice food. I didn't eat all of it though. I left food on my plate on purpose. It was nice. I still tried to obey my serving sizes. I even ran around and played some soccer with a friend while drinking lol. I know I busted this weekend on calories, but thinking about it I'm not sad or anything about it. I do a good job of keeping to my new life style that I want to be able to bust a few times because I know that it's not a huge set back because of how few times I do bust. Thanks for the pic comments. I haven't had time to read much because I've been away from the computer. But I will later.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I've had a really rough weekend personally and otherwise. One of my dogs (I have 6) broke his right front leg in March & had 2 surgeries & a plate put in. He's been recovering and rehabilitating from that for 6 months and had come so far. Then yesterday, he was prancing around during his rare couple of hours/week out of his crate off leash and broke his right front leg. :noway: I was an emotional wreck because I thought we were going to have to let him go. :sad: I'm still a wreck because I'm really concerned about his quality of life, but we went ahead and pushed forward with trying to get this leg to heal and just see what happens. At least now we have 6-8 weeks to prepare ourselves for possible having to make an impossible decision.

Anyway, I didn't meet my calories yesterday (I don't think I even made it to 700), or today, despite my efforts to force myself to eat. I just have a hard time eating when I'm very upset. At least I got to exercise tonight, but I think my calories will only be up to 1000 when I go to bed in a few hours. I've tried my best to stay on track and keep my metabolism up. I'll do better tomorrow.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi team, looks like a sort of slow weekend for everyone. Kelli and Cyndi, where are you? Jib - sorry about your dog! I hate those kinds of things, and am not good at them either. Good luck with that and keep us posted. Well, I had family over today for a sort of end of summer bbq for my father's birthday. It was very nice. We had good, healthy food.

Tomorrow starts a new week - lets all be good to ourselves, eating and exercising well! Take care!

Kristi
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Howdy peeps! Okay, super busy "temptation" weekend - two dinners out and a baby shower! Not only did I do really well on food at all of them, but I didn't even feel like I was missing anything - that's a good thing.

I've always been the kind of person that longs for whatever I'm told I can't have - If I was told not to chew gum in class, allllll I could think about was gum.... developed an allergy to shellfish, alllll I want is some stinking shrimp already! Told that because of high tryglycerides I need to cut out sugar - YIKES. I am reframing it- -- so that actually, what I'm being told is I can't have good health. Now, alllllll I want is good health, so I WILL have my good health and I'll do what it takes to get it!

JLB - I'm so sorry about you dog:cry: You have to take care of youself - get your cals in with slimfast or something if you don't feel like eating - you still need the nutrients. ((((hugs))))

Buttonnose - keep coming - no shame here - it's not allowed. Own you life and keep coming - that' s what matters.

Pawprint - Glad you had a good weekend!

Anita - way to be strong!! Love it!

Kristi - mmmmmm, good breakfast!

Prayerful - Sorry, can't help embed a spreadsheet on MFP - I'm only a little geeky, not super geeky, though I'd like to be:)

Everyone have a great week!! Eat right, drink well, move much!:heart:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Good Morning Teamies..

It feels so good to be back on track.. I got through a Sunday at my Mom's.. I was proud of her, she sat out the chips and dips but didn't put them in front of everyone, everyone had to get up and serve themselves it they wanted some.. For me she had fruit and carrots.. Good Mom!! : ).

Monday, ugg, hate them.. Today is a no walk day for me.. However I will do some weights and some squats...

I hope everyone has a great day and I will check in later when I log some food...

Anita
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Morning everyone!

The weekend was another bust for me... that's because I'm so sick with a head cold (I think it's starting to move to my chest) ... no exercise at all and it doesn't look like I'll be doing anything today either... will try to eat better and drink more water today... I didn't realize how hard it is to stay on track when your so sick :frown: Well this can't last forever... and as soon as I'm able I will get right back to it!!

Have a great day everyone!
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Hello :smile:

Hope everyone is doing well....I am back to square one and really hope I can stick with my goals this time no matter what happens.
  • I hate when the weather changes... I can't breathe through my nose.... I feel like I have a broken nose with all the pressure and I can't hear myself talk lol.... it sucks.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Jamie - so good to see you back! I like the new pic.! Pawprint, I am with you! I can't figure out where all that snot comes from! (TIM, I know!) Hey gang, have a great week! I am getting ready to do my workout and then off to work. Take care!

Kristi
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Wow! Congratulations to all you losers (:wink: ) this week! Thats great news!!

I have some news to share of my own....

First off... hubby got the new job and will be starting that on October 5th. He'll be traveling all the time (about 34 weeks out of the year) but usually not more than 3 weeks at a time. He's putting his notice in today at the current company. Had to wait until he had a written offer before I could say anything but we have known since last Friday. He got the official written offer yesterday and we are both just so thrilled since it means I wont have to go back to work at all but instead may be going back to school.

Second, we have a new family member. Adopted from the house we have been cleaning up for the last month. Her name is Salem and she's a big super sweet and lovey black kitty cat. My other 2 kitties arent too sure of her yet but we have been keeping her quarantined until the vet gives her a clean bill of health. She seems pretty content to be in the garage for now.

Third, This week was a really good one for eating and getting in exercise. The monthly visitor was in town and I did good avoiding the sugar and crud that comes with her. Still not back to the gym, but we'll see what the Dr says tomorrow about my arm. Still having issues with some tendonitis and tight muscles in my forearm but my wrist feels a ton better.

Still holding out at 212, which Im glad for. Even with that time, I only gained 2lbs of water weight which is a major improvement over the last couple months. I'll see what the Dr's scale says tomorrow.. :laugh: Also plan to talk to her about an ideal goal weight.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Update on my earlier update...

Turns out our new adoptee is not a SHE as I originally thought. Salem is a HE, is fixed and is about 6 years old. Tested negative for FIV and feline Leukemia today at the vet. Got his nails clipped and brought him home and gave him a bath so I could give him his flea guard and dewormer tomorrow. I swear, the more time I spend around him the more attached we are becoming to eachother. He follows me ALL over the house and has no issue with being an indoor cat, he hasnt tried to escape once! Aside from that he even ENJOYED his first bath. I was so expecting him not to like it at all, but he definitely has a very sophisticated manner and decided "hey, this feels really good!" and literally just sat in the sink looking at me with love while I lathered and rinsed him with cat shampoo. :noway: Once he was done, his deep purring motor took off when I towel dried him AND he :love: the hairbrush! I just cant imagine how someone could give up on such a wonderful animal! It makes me sick to think that he was abandoned, even my vet fell in love with him while we were there saying "wow, what a lucky pair you both make!"

Now that he has a clean bill of health, he got to meet the other kitties. Charlie & him sniffed noses and had a staring contest with no growling, swatting, hissing or tail poofing. Nilla sat on the couch and looked him over and decided that if Charlie can get along with him, she should be able to also. So...This is a VERY good thing. :0)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    I'm having a much better day today. I'm going to make it over 1200 calories today & I'm about to get on my bike to exercise for a while just after I finish snuggling with my broken puppy boy.

Last Friday, my BF and I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few things & I decided to sit down at the pharmacy to check my blood pressure and pulse. Hypertension runs in my family and I was pretty upset last year when I noticed my BP getting higher and higher (it had always been great) every time it was checked. My pulse was very high at rest, too. I was pretty excited to see my BP at 115/79 and my "resting" heartrate (we had been running around the grocery store) at 77 (down from high 80s). It's really great to see such improvement in less than 2 weeks. :happy:

I think I'm really going to be able to do this! :drinker:
  • Hi team mates. Oh, such a bust few days.

Today did a 35 mile bike ride with a group. I swam at the gym. And I did my p90x back and chest + abs. Lots of house cleaning.

I'll check in more tomorrow.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Water up to my eyeballs today!!! Glub, glub, glub....:drinker:

A good walk - and great stretching.

later gaters:bigsmile:
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Morning team ... still sick over here ... no exercise yesterday and l don't think there will be any today either, hard to do anything when you can't breath :frown: As for the eating and water ... well it wasn't that great, I will try harder today. Man I hate being sick ... and this is the first time I've been sick in a long time and it's really taking it's toll on me.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Morning everyone. Off to a great start here. Went for a walk, eating a good breakfast and even got 2 glasses of water in me already...and it is only 9:20 AM. I really want to do this....I really do. So glad the b/day's are over for a bit, vacation's are over (even though I wish I was still on them) and all festivities are pretty much done....so should be able to focus more on me again. You know I ended up with 2 b/day cakes for me. My daughters got me one last week for my party...and then on Sunday when I went to my son's to celebrate his son's b/day...they had one for me too. But all over with now...time to get on track...here that Button...get on TRACK!!!

So hoping to post good news and progress in the next week.

Take care all..
    Button
  • nitag
    Morning..

I am reading the posts and catching up..

I am now going to walk and drink some water.. Clean the house up a bit and take out the trash.. Try to keep myself busy so I don't think about food.. I'm home today and they seem to be the most challenging days...

Everyone have a happy Tuesday..> Talk to ya all later....

Nita
  • look at my team mates go! woo hoo.
    going to try upping my calories this week as suggested to me by the dietician and see if that works for me this week. oh i pray it does. seems so wrong.
  • nitag
    I always have a hard time with being told to eat more!! Everyone says it works. Let us all know ...

I myself had a great walk... 40 mins.. woot woot...
  • Well ladies...went off on the calories. It was all good food...but after that walk today...HUNGRY!!!!
    So I am okay with it as I know it wasn't anything negative. So pat myself on the back for at least trying and do better tomorrow...
    Thanks for being patient with me....here's crossing my fingers for a loss or at least the same for Friday's weigh in. :wink:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

TTYL

Button