30 Day Shred Question

How do I log my 30 Day Shred workout? I tried looking it up as "30 Day Shred" and it's not in there..

Replies

• melissachance
    melissachance Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I just use the circuit training code as when i googled it everyone said the calories came to roughly the same as this one x
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Hi. I've been doing the 30 day shred. I'm on day 34...lost 17lbs so far. O.k.....I log it as vigorous effort calisthetics for 15 minutes. It's about 160 calories burned for 20 minutes. BUT I'm pretty sure based on the amount of SWEATING I do that I burn more than that. I take off a few minutes for the less vigorous moments of the workout. I also feel my muscles burning for a half hour afterwards, and am assuming I'm still burning some calories as they come off the workout, but I don't count those. In any case, I am eating a 1200 calorie diet, started eating my exercise calories burned back into my diet last week after a stall in weight loss and have lost 2 lbs in the last 1.5 weeks. Lastly, I also walk 3 miles, 3 times a week at 3.0/mph pace. So far....so good! Good luck to you. Be careful not to overdo some of the advanced moves on Shred. I had to cut back a little (I was ambitious) and my knees starting hurting. NOw that I have finished the 30 days...(2 - 5day workout weeks at each level) I am cycling each day through a different level for 5 days a week. Until I find all the levels easy....I'm sticking with it. 20 min workout with my results gets my vote
  • ohjoy908
    ohjoy908 Posts: 53 Member
    Hi. I've been doing the 30 day shred. I'm on day 34...lost 17lbs so far.

this is such exciting news for me!!! I'm on day 7 and starting to get tired of Jillian lol thanks for the motivation!!
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    I created my own for it because people have said it burns around 180 calories for the 20-30 minute session.
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    I've read on several boards to track it as circuit training and it figures based on your height and weight approximately how many calories you burn.
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    I created my own but a lot of people log it as circuit training. I use a heart rate monitor and average calories burned is 225 calories but it all depends on your level of effort.
  • KAA1982
    KAA1982 Posts: 90 Member
    Until I get a HRM I log it as 'circuit training'. I'll be curious to see how far off it is once I get a good HRM.
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    I also created my own, I use heart rate monitor and always burn between 160 and 210 calories. That'll vary person to person but I think around 180 is a good estimate if you don't have a HRM.
  • HAPage24
    HAPage24 Posts: 33 Member
    I also log mine under circuit training.
  • rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    I am on Day 10 and I have been logging it as circuit training. Good luck!
  • jgriffin88
    jgriffin88 Posts: 41 Member
    I log mine as circuit training as well.
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    I have a HRM at it is always over 200 calories that I burn! Mostly about 250ish
  • hippie162
    hippie162 Posts: 19
    What is 30 day shred?
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    What is 30 day shred?

DVD by Jillian Michaels.
  • refmansbn
    refmansbn Posts: 1
    A DVD by Julilan Michaels
  • KenzysMomma207
    KenzysMomma207 Posts: 16 Member
    So if I log it as "circut training" am I putting it under cardio or strength? Sorry to be a pain. And thank you all for your answers and your progress with it! It gives me motivation to do this and really put my all into it..
  • wtdia
    I tend to disagree on logging this as circuit training because my mom goes to a gym where she does circuit training on machines. Calisthenics includes the pushups/situps/ and strength training I think are more like what is going on in this video....but the calories burned on the circuit training are a little higher than I what I log. But it's close in any case. Good luck to all.
  • wtdia
    So if I log it as "circut training" am I putting it under cardio or strength? Sorry to be a pain. And thank you all for your answers and your progress with it! It gives me motivation to do this and really put my all into it..

I log it under cardio...I sweat like a pig and am out of breath by the end.
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    I got the shred yesterday. I made it about 7 minutes. The husband was in there. Today and the rest of the days I'm doing it BEFORE he gets home from work. I cannot stand being watched and the little comments!!! Ughhhhhhhh I am adding the video once a day to my regular routine of walking 30-45 minutes per day and the doing 4 flights of stairs in my building six times per day. I took measurements in case the scale doesn't give me the numbers I want :-)
  • wtdia
    Hi. I've been doing the 30 day shred. I'm on day 34...lost 17lbs so far.

this is such exciting news for me!!! I'm on day 7 and starting to get tired of Jillian lol thanks for the motivation!!

Oh...well...I've used other workout videos and she is the least annoying I've used....and am having the most success with. I can put up with anyone for 20 minutes if I get results, ha ha.....heck I wouldn't care if it was richard simmons....just get this weight off, ha ha.