HELP... I need sweet and salty... any ideas?

katiechakos
katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone! I'm PMS-ing BIG TIME right now and I'm hoping you all can help me. I'm so lucky I don't have any junk food in the house right now, because if I did it would be in my tummy! I need some ideas for snacks. I like the 94% fat free popcorns out there, and I like the sugar free puddings. Does anyone have something that just knocks their socks off and is low cal? I'm desperate...

Replies

• katiechakos
    Hi everyone! I'm PMS-ing BIG TIME right now and I'm hoping you all can help me. I'm so lucky I don't have any junk food in the house right now, because if I did it would be in my tummy! I need some ideas for snacks. I like the 94% fat free popcorns out there, and I like the sugar free puddings. Does anyone have something that just knocks their socks off and is low cal? I'm desperate...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    For "those" special cravings, I like soy crisps. They come in a salty-sweet barbecue flavor, and that helps me. They also have protein, which I've heard helps at that special time.

Also, not at all decadent, but helps with the salty-sweet is some natural peanut butter and an apple.

I get SO hungry at that time, I send you my sympathies...
  • dragonfly183
    dragonfly183 Posts: 73 Member
    i think berries and pineapple are great for sweet. As for salty. maybe a little melon with some salt on it.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I've been trying to thinkin of sweet & salt snacks for you but I just can't think of any:ohwell:

I would have whole wheat crackers & some jam/jelly?
  • katiechakos
    Thank you guys for your help. I feel much better today. I have to admit... I went to the grocery store and bought some peanut butter cereal- it looks like Kicks, but it's peanut butter... in the organic section it's called Peanut Butter Bumpers. They have 130 for a serving. Here's what I did... I put my cupful into a big coffee mug and then sprinkled salt on top!!!!!!!!!! I was desperate. Anyway, the good news is it worked! Dry cereal can save me sometimes.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I'm glad you satisfied your craving katie :happy:
  • water, lots of it. :drinker:
  • charley078
    charley078 Posts: 48 Member
    I love Balance 100 calorie energy bars... they come in chocolate/carmel & peanut butter carmel, not too sweet, a little salty.... totally yummy.... and they're only like $0.99
This discussion has been closed.