T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM Week 33

Replies

• lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Jamieeeeeeeee! Lookatcheeewwwww! Cutie patootie! Love the hair ~ and great to see you back!

Good on food today. Got my blood results back from my Dr. appt last week - good news is my cholesterol went down some but strange news is my triglycerides went up!! Crud! So, off to research some more natural ways to take care of that - I've been limiting sugar and eating good fish, guess I'll look into some fish oil supplements. Any other ideas, friends?

Off to do some calisthenics:drinker: Got to move it, move it!
  • I'll send you something from work tomorrow. I have resources=)
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Glad to see everyone moving today!!

I joined in and fit some bike time in at the gym tonight... yes.. you heard right... I actually WENT to the gym! heehee!

Doc apt today was pretty interesting. Cholesterol is great and she is sending me for a sleep study to see if I have sleep apnea. It would explain alot of why Ive been tired. I also get to go in tomorrow for my first Mamogram since my mom had breast cancer 16 years ago and I am now 36 years old. Figured I would do it now since we will be swapping insurance with the job change and its currently covered 100%. Just as a precaution and at my doctors reccomendation. :0) She also ran a Thyroid test and some other blood work to make sure Im not anemic because of being tired all the time. In other words.. she did a full workup on me and so far so good.

As for the weight loss stuff... she said she is SUPER proud of me for dropping the weight. Said my BMI is now at 29.2 and when I asked her was a good goal weight was for my height she said.. "lets shoot for 200 and see where your BMI is at that time...we want that BMI around 25 and about 15 more pounds should get us dang close" Well... THAT I can do... THAT is only 15lbs away! SO.. for now Im changing my ticker to reflect my new goal. If I decide to go past that, I will change it again later.

We talked about plateau also and her advice to me was this....

"If you dont see a loss with eating right and exercising regularly, try changing the exercise routine....if the exercise routine change doesnt help.... change your food routine every 4 days and see if that works...in other words... dont get stuck eating the same stuff.. keep your body confused so the metabolism keeps going and change up the healthy stuff just as you would your exercise routine every 4 weeks, only change the food part every 4 days.. maybe work on proteins for 4 days, then carbs for 4.. but change it up often to keep things interesting" I was pretty surprised by this, but heck, I'll give it a shot... if anything its bound to keep me from becoming bored with one thing!!

Watch out 15lbs... Your on your way out the exit door!!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Hi Honey's I'm HOME!!!!!!!

I missed you all!! I had a fantastic time in Vegas. Didn't do too bad on eating. Actually we did really well on eating and walked and walked and walked....for miles and miles and miles. I drank TONS of water. I am excited to see what my scale says tomorrow. I don't think I gained anything on my vacation.

I am exhausted and going to bed now but I will come back in the morning to post.
  • LosingIt4good
    Hi Honey's I'm HOME!!!!!!!

I missed you all!! I had a fantastic time in Vegas. Didn't do too bad on eating. Actually we did really well on eating and walked and walked and walked....for miles and miles and miles. I drank TONS of water. I am excited to see what my scale says tomorrow. I don't think I gained anything on my vacation.

I am exhausted and going to bed now but I will come back in the morning to post.

Welcome home!!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Hey Bee welcome back.. Missed you here and on Facebook...

LI4G congrats on a great Dr. appt as well as making it to the gym...

I am up and got in a 41 minute walk and 50 crunches... I FEEL GOOD...

Challenge for me today... Get in all my water and stay on track....

Happy Hump Day all...

Anita
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Jamieeeeeeeee! Lookatcheeewwwww! Cutie patootie! Love the hair ~ and great to see you back!

Good on food today. Got my blood results back from my Dr. appt last week - good news is my cholesterol went down some but strange news is my triglycerides went up!! Crud! So, off to research some more natural ways to take care of that - I've been limiting sugar and eating good fish, guess I'll look into some fish oil supplements. Any other ideas, friends?

Off to do some calisthenics:drinker: Got to move it, move it!

Thanks Lulu! Its been a long couple months....:ohwell:
    but I am glad to be back and restarting my journey!

I know there are Omega 3 (fish oil) supplements. Good luck!
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Prayerfulmom - Question for you.....you do a lot of cycling right?
    Are you doing outdoor cycling or cycling classes at the gym????
  • cb-welcome home. good for you on the walking!

li4g-ahhh good post. yeah on the dr apt! gosh 15lbs seems so close doesn't it. Show us how its done!

anita-yeah. you are so back in the groove of things.

jamie-I'm outdoors. hoping i can muster the winter outdoors too. but if I can't i'll go back to a spin class but with my work schedule can only sneak one a week in. however, i have a bike trainer (stand that my bike goes on) and I can continue through the winter but I am sure it will bore me. ridding outdoors is actually harder. Love, love love cycling.

I don't recall if I mentioned my hubby and I signed up for 100 mile bike ride next month. there is a hill that i am nervous about called cardiac hill. i do a lot of cycling but very little hill climbs. hill climbers are usually light (not I). So i climb hills very slowly.
    Yesterday got in my 28 mile bicycle commute and ate higher in calories as planned. Today is turning out to be hump day for sure:mad: my daughter is in beauty college and started a weave (color) on my hair. We have one more color to apply because it was way late last night. so i'm kind of odd color today. got my sleep deprived bottom up out of bed after 5 hours of sleep. got on the bike to head for work and got a flat 2 miles out. I just didn't have it in me today. turned around and drove to work. so so far 4 miles bike ride and upper body strength training. don't know that i'll have time to fit anything in tonight as i need to finish my color and I work 10 hour days. I do already have 64 miles in this week on the bike so I guess no need to beat myself up. ok, not beating myself up. moving through wednesday and on to thursday:tongue:
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Morning girls!!! I am so proud of my self. I spent 5 days in Vegas and didn't gain any weight!!!! We did well on eating though. We'd buy a sandwich and eat half for lunch and half for dinner and a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. We did that 2 days, We did one day where we paid $25 for a buffet that you could eat at all day. so we ate a big breakfast and then a late lunch and then no dinner that day. We saw Lion King that day, it was so amazing!!! The last night we were there we went to see Thunder From Down under, a male strip group. They were HOT!!! I should have pic from Vegas on my facebook soon for any of you who want to see. We couldn't take pics of the men stripping though sorry :wink: :wink:

I am so proud of all of you this last week looks like everyone lost and got off their plateau. Now hopefully I will get off mine too!! Have a great day all!!!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi everyone, just finished breakfast and now I need to work out. The last couple of days, I have gotten jammed up in the morning and not gotten in the exercise I planned on getting, so today, it is first on the list. Eating has gone very well this week, and water consumption is getting back up where it belongs. Most things are going pretty right. And that feels good. So, I have high hopes for weigh in day this week!

Well friends, I hope to check in later - have a great hump day!

Kristi
  • LosingIt4good
    Hump day.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Im off to the dentist at 10, then the boob squishie doctor at noon. If that doesnt take too long, then Im stopping at the gym on my way home to fit in some walk time. It really is annoying that I cant do much of anything else but peddle a stationary bike or walk right now, but once this arm is better... watch out!

If i dont have a chance to stop on my way home from the doctors office, I'll definitely go later tonight. It was warm yesterday and supposed to be warm again today, then will cool off. Gotta make sure my phone is charged so I can have my music.....of couse, now I have unlimited text on that so thats an option also while Im peddling away... :wink:

Hubby leaves Sunday morning for New york for a week. He's excited! Im so jealous! LOL Im glad he gets to go but I wanna go too because I have never seen New York and he will be staying 2 blocks from Times Square! :grumble: Oh well... one of these days!!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    :blushing: Geesh, Cyndi! :laugh:
  • For Lulu:
    (hope when i cut and paste it doesn't jable)

High Triglycerides?
    Here’s what you can do
    What are triglycerides?
    Triglycerides are a type of fat found in
    your body and in many of the foods that
    you eat. A high level of triglycerides in
    your blood (more than 150 milligrams
    per deciliter, mg/dL) may increase your
    risk of heart disease. This is especially
    true when you also have a high level of
    bad cholesterol (LDL) or a low level of
    good cholesterol (HDL). A high level
    of triglycerides in your blood may also
    increase your risk of developing pancreatitis
    (inflammation of the pancreas).

TRIGLYCERIDE GUIDELINES
    • Normal is less than 150 mg/dL.
    • Borderline high is 150-198 mg/dL.
    • High is 200 mg/dL or above.
    What causes high triglycerides?
    High triglycerides can be caused by certain
    medical conditions (such as diabetes),
    some medications, or it can simply run
    in your family. But the kind of daily
    choices you make also affects your
    triglycerides. If any of the following are
    true for you, you may be at greater risk
    of having high triglycerides:
    • being overweight or obese
    • lack of exercise
    • taking in too many calories, especially
    from alcohol, fat, and foods high in sugar
    • smoking
    What can you do to lower
    your triglycerides?
    • If you are overweight, try to lose weight.
    Losing as little as 10 pounds can help.
    • Exercise regularly. Start with 10 minutes
    of daily activity, such as walking, bicycling,
    or swimming. Work up to at least 30
    minutes of exercise on most days.
    • Limit alcohol to 2 drinks a week.
    • If your triglycerides are over 500,
    avoid alcohol.
    • Limit sugars, including fat-free baked
    goods. Limit fruit juice to 4-8 oz. per day.
    • If you have diabetes, keep your blood
    sugars under good control.
    • Eat a low-fat, high-fiber diet. Whole
    grain foods, fruits, and vegetables
    provide fiber. Use small amounts of
    monounsaturated fats such as olive or
    canola oil, avocado, and nuts.
    • Eat fish at least twice a week. Salmon,
    mackerel, herring, trout, water-packed
    albacore tuna, and water-packed sardines
    are good choices. Fish provides omega-3
    fatty acids, which may lower triglycerides.
    • When triglyceride levels are very high,
    dietary supplements providing omega-
    3 DHA and EPA fatty acids may lower
    them. Talk with your doctor about supplements
    that may help you.
    • If you smoke, quitting is one of the
    best choices you can make to improve
    your health.

Here’s what you can do
    Simple dietary changes can help lower triglycerides
    To bring down your triglycerides, try replacing sweets and alcohol
    with these healthier substitutes.
    What if these changes
    don’t help you lower
    your triglycerides?
    In some cases, your doctor may
    recommend more changes to your
    diet and lifestyle. Your doctor may
    suggest that you work with other
    medical professionals (such as a
    registered dietitian or clinical health
    educator). If diet and lifestyle changes
    don’t improve your triglycerides, you
    may need to take medication.
    Use less . . .
    • sugar-sweetened soft drinks,
    lemonade, and fruit drinks
    • cake, pie, doughnuts, pastries,
    ice cream, ice milk, sherbet,
    sorbet, sugar-sweetened gelatin
    • cereals with more than 5 grams of
    sucrose and other sugars per ounce
    • white breads, white rice,
    and pastas
    • candy, chocolate, sugar, honey,
    jam, or jelly
    • beer, wine, wine coolers, liquor,
    liqueurs, and cordials
    Use instead . . .
    • unsweetened fruit juice
    (limit to 4 to 8 oz. a day)
    • fresh or unsweetened fruit
    (1 to 2 pieces a day)
    • sugar-free or diet soft drinks
    • sugar-free gelatin or pudding
    • complex carbohydrates, such as
    whole grain breads and cereals,
    brown rice, and whole wheat pasta
    • sparkling water, mineral water,
    or club soda
    • non-alcoholic sparkling fruit juice
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Prayerful ~ how very nice of you to share the triglyderide info! Thank you:) Sorry about your bike breaking down this morning and your odd colored hair! My sister went to beauty school and our whole family was her palette - there was a period of time when, if we went somewhere as a group, we looked like the cast of Cats! Every color hair you can imagine and lots of it sticking out in all directions! It was a wild attention getter!! lol, that was in the 80's when hair was really TALL:laugh:

Crazybee! Welcome back! We missed you:) I'm so glad you had a great time in Vegas! Good job staying on the wagon:bigsmile:

Kristi ~ Work it, woooooork iiiiiiittt:drinker: I love you back!

LI4G ~ yay for hubby's new job, yay for the gym, yay for new kitty, yay for good blood so far! So, to sum it all up - YAY for you!

Everybody else ~ hi there, thinking of you!

lulu:heart:
  • Hey,
    I'm back on line at home. I've been working out all week, though the sweets are back at work and I need to curb that habbit! To night the three museums in down town Ft Worth are open to teachers. Its really fun and my whole department is going together.

Have a great rest of the week, see you on Friday :)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Morning everyone...

I had an exciting evening last night..

On my drive home I found and picked up a chihuahua puppy in the highway, she's about 3 or 4 months old... Sweet girl ( I haven't decided if I am going to keep her yet)..If I don't I have plenty of family members that are already wanting her...

Then driving home the most horrible accident I have ever seen happened before me. The car ahead of me was passing on the 2 way highway and you know I could see the on coming car but apparently he/she didn't , they hit so hard the red passing car went completely air born and flipped over landed on it's roof and the other car hit it one more time.. Cars were going everywhere.. I called 911 as others were running around. I never got out of my car cuz I could see the body in the highway.. 1 person died and I don't know about the other... I sat there for a good 30 mins before I decided I was calm enough to drive home.. That was a task in it's self.. I had to 4 wheel it over the mountain road .. This was about 7 pm.. It was terrible...

On a good note, the eating is on track as well as the exercise..

Hope you all have a great day and stay safe...

Anita
  • I had a night too! I most often cycle but I got the flat and surrendered yesterday. Please note when I share this story that I ride home a different route than I drive. I witnessed a gang shooting. The shooter looked right at me and I was just paralyzed. After I got down the street I call 911- first too get they couldn't take my call. I got through and made a report. Then further into my commute there was a high speed chase (not related). I had to stop and regather myself. It was a difficult day. On the phone several times with the police telling the details. It is scarey doing the right thing.

Today is turning out to be much better so far. Rode my bike in. Hair color finished and i have to say my daughter did an amazing job. I'll try and get a picutre this weekend and post it.

I've tried upping the calories all week and I am afraid it is not working. Back to my way next week if weigh in tomorrow is disappointing.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Oh my! I'm so glad you're both safe and sound.

On a more positive note, I just had an awesome moment in the bathroom (:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ).

I'm at work, and there's a really big mirror that runs in front of all the sinks and you can see yourself when you come out of the bathroom stall (a liter of water in 1.5 hours will really run straight through you -- I know, TMI). But, when I came out of the stall, I had to do a double-take at myself! Now, maybe it's a bit psychological, but I could really tell I was losing weight, especially the jelly belly I've gotten over the last year. :tongue: My gut wasn't even hanging over the top of my pants like usual (these pants had gotten TIGHT on me. So tight, I hadn't worn them for about a month).

I'm not having as great of a week as last week since I'm working so many hours (about 60) and also nursing Spike (dog with broken leg). I'm having a hard time making it to 1200 calories and also some trouble finding time to exercise (today will be on my lunch break just in case I have to work past 10 again tonight -- no more excuses). So, needless to say, after feeling bad about not eating enough and not exercising enough, I was really super duper (yes, super duper) encouraged by what I saw! If there was a "happy dance" icon, I'd definitely put it here..

Have a great day ladies!