Earth Day is this Saturday!

Options
Hey everyone,

Just a little bit from everyone does a lot.

This Saturday plant a tree, start a compost bin, buy less packaging, give to Goodwill instead of the trash, or just turn a few lights off. I'm sure we can all think of something to do in the dark! :blushing:

Replies

• abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Just a little bit from everyone does a lot.

This Saturday plant a tree, start a compost bin, buy less packaging, give to Goodwill instead of the trash, or just turn a few lights off. I'm sure we can all think of something to do in the dark! :blushing:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder.
    We will be at breakfast with the animals at our local zoo.
    When we get back, we will take out reusable bags to the grocery store and we will take all the stuff that did not sell at the yard sale to the battered women's thrift store
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Trees? Ah Yes. transplanting this month...

Faux Apple
    Lilac Bush
    Flowering Crabapple

I can't wait!!!!
  • abbychelle07
    Options
    Okay, actually TODAY is Earth Day. Sorry about that, but a bunch of businesses were celebrating on Saturday, and I got confused.

BUMP!!!!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    My niece's school is doign a clean up the schoolyard thing. I'll have to ask her how it went when she gets home.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I did it yesterday-I planted 35 plants in the back.
    I will do some more planting this afternoon-transplanting.
    I did also take my own bags to the store.
    I am walking my daughter to the craft store, so I will not be polluting the air.
    HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!
  • abbychelle07
    Options
    On Sunday I was going to take a 2 mile walk, then drive to Kohls. Then I realized, Kohls is 1 mile away, duh!!! So I packed up the stroller and walked there, and refused a bag too, just stowed the stuff in the stroller. I am trying to be better at not taking bags when I have 5 things or less. I bought some cloth bags too, if I remember to take them.

Happy Earth Day!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Happy earth day!! i made my mom turn off all the lights in the kitchen while its sunny out:laugh: I want to plow a garden tonight (with the big John Deere tractor :embarassed: ) so we have food that wasn't shipped on a big truck to us (and so we can have lots of organic veggies!)
  • abbychelle07
    Options
    Happy earth day!! i made my mom turn off all the lights in the kitchen while its sunny out:laugh: I want to plow a garden tonight (with the big John Deere tractor :embarassed: ) so we have food that wasn't shipped on a big truck to us (and so we can have lots of organic veggies!)

My husband is planting a huge garden. I am excited for tons of organic veggies soon. My daughter will be full of vegetables all summer.