PeriMenopause, Menopause and Metabolism

beep
beep Posts: 1,242 Member
Are there any others out there who have had a problem with this? This, I believe, has been my biggest weight loss challenge. I finally went to the doctor about it, thinking it was an antidepressant I was on (and have since weaned myself of) and he said it is definitely a hormonal (or lack thereof) problem.

You find you have not changed anything, not your exercise or anything you're eating, but you're gaining weight steadily! In the last 3 years of going through this I have put on 30 pounds! I have read, however, that once through menopause your energy should pick up and you should have less trouble losing the weight. It's amazing how much energy is wrapped up in that monthly cycle.

Replies

• beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Are there any others out there who have had a problem with this? This, I believe, has been my biggest weight loss challenge. I finally went to the doctor about it, thinking it was an antidepressant I was on (and have since weaned myself of) and he said it is definitely a hormonal (or lack thereof) problem.

You find you have not changed anything, not your exercise or anything you're eating, but you're gaining weight steadily! In the last 3 years of going through this I have put on 30 pounds! I have read, however, that once through menopause your energy should pick up and you should have less trouble losing the weight. It's amazing how much energy is wrapped up in that monthly cycle.