T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 34

13»

Replies

• Kristi – thanks for the encouragement. Being closer to my goal weight is great but very scary. There is no excuse not to lose the weight but it will be as hard as ever to stay focussed. Kudos to you for enjoying life – isn’t that why we all want to lose the weight in the first place???? Keep up the good work! Love your new profile picture – what a difference!

Crazybee – I still struggle with ordering at the the restaurant and then taking half home. My brain tells me “you can eat the whole thing”. My stomache says ”no you can’t!”

Li4g – glad you enjoyed the shopping trip, my hubby hates shopping for clothes.

Buttonnose – keep checking in and you’ll be on track before you know it. I feel the same way, don’t check in if I’ve got nothing good to say about myself. This group is far more than that.

Anita – hurray for 1.6 lbs you won’t see again!

Losingweightforme and aprilrenee71 – welcome back girls. You can do this!

Adopt4 – sounds like you’ re on the way to healthy!

Lulu – we love hearing from you too!

As for me, I went to the gym tonight - I hate trying to run outside when it gets dark at 7:15 pm! I walked for 1 minute/ran for 2 for 40 minutes. Then finished with a jog for another 20 min. It was hard but my muscles feel they've been worked not overworked.

I put some more XL clothes in the basement because I keep wearing them even though they are too big. One of my fav shirts just looks terrible on me now. amazing how things can change!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    My wardrobe is TINY!! Anyone have any 1x long sleeve tshirts, size 16W/18W jeans or khakis (no elastic waists) they can sell me cheap or free? I'll pay for shipping... I hate thinking of buying stuff right now but it's getting colder!! at least i have a jacket that fits, LOL, i may be wearing it indoors! all i have is thin tshirts (short sleeved) and capri shorts, and 2 pr of jeans that are getting too big!

just a thought, in case anyone has clothes packed away somewhere and can spare a few pieces..

it's not that we don't have any money, it's just that the thought of spending on new right now - even at ross's or kohls - just doesn't seem worth it for things i'm not (hopefully) going to wear long. and i've been garage sale-ing it and craigslisting and there's just no one selling in those sizes... only bigger or a lot smaller!

had a rough, ROUGH night, went to the store and got 2 of those small single serve ice cream things, so it was technically 2 servings but equaled a cup of ice cream. figured if i was that motivated to get something that i shouldn't have (but 300 calories wasn't that bad) that my emotional state was such that I'd just go ahead and eat it. turns out one would have done it... so although i gave in to emotional stress eating - at least i dont' feel guilty for what i ate, that (to me) seems like a reasonable amt of food and calories. it may have put me over but not that badly.. not like the whole half gallon would have if i'd gotten a big one!! i think i learned a new trick there. if i'm too lazy to go to the store and buy it - then obviously i'm not that motivated to really eat it and therefore really don't need it. and if it's not in the house then i can't be tempted or go overboard just because it's there. :wink:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Hi everyone.....

I got in my 2 miles on the treadmill this morning.. Feeling a little bloated this morning... YUCK!!!

My goal today is to get in my water.. I've been slacking on that.. I want to stay focused and positive..

1). I am a beautiful person (inside and out)..
    2) I can do this, I can be a healthy fit 45 yr old woman
    3). I will smile today no matter who I want to hit...

Lulu... Jenny Craig food is good.. I'm not tired of it yet and I hope to not me for a while.. Adding salads and veggies helps to spruce it up a bid... I don't feel left out... I am going to stick with it for 5 more weeks and if I don't see a big change in my weight loss then I will go back to following a Healthy Diet... We shall see..

Talk to ya all later..

Anita
  • l4g-i had a night gaurd made and broke it in 4 weeks. they were in disbelief. i can't rationalize paying for another. mine cost $400. ouch. Yipee on the clothes=). You've got to be kidding that the dentist office serves cookies?! Yeah on the gym!!!!

lulu-glad to hear that exercise is part of all that craziness=). We went from 100 over the weekend to gorgeous fall 70's weather. Woo Hoo. Today on my comute in at dark-thirty I was wishing I had gloves and long pants on=).

Healthymom- that is very awesome on the clothes. I joined a running group last winter and we ran with those head lights (the one's you wear on your head). I decided I could run in the morning with one. There is nothing like the silence of nature and the crisp morning air. I burned out on the dreadmill last winter while training for a marathon. It was those days I had to run for hours on there that killed my liking for it. But that is me. Glad you got on the treadmill and got in your workout.

adopt4- I buy those single servings too so I don't over due it. I love ice cream. For years I would buy low fat stuff and over eat it. But now if I buy good ice cream (or make home made) I can eat a single serving of good stuff and be satisfied. The only catch is I can't eat it before bed. I try to eat it early in the day so I have plenty of time to burn it off. Have to love it when your dietician doesn't want you to do without your favorite. With that being said it usually comes on my off day anyway. I'm really proud of you for buying the single serving size. That was brilliant!

anita- good goals for the day! My favorite JC meals were french toast, bbq turkey burgers, lemon cake. Yum. JC was successful for me while I was on it. Wanted to go back but the nutritionist there couldn't get it to fit my prescribed diet (low sodium low protein). I think the great thing is not having to think too much about food. Also the weekly weigh in. The whole accountability factor.

Tuesday wrap up:
    1402 calories eaten
    28 mile bike ride
    2 mile walk

I know everyone probably has a body part they just loathe. For me its my legs. I have a pear shape and my legs are big but the worse part is the cellulite. These last couple of days I've noticed that my legs are finally starting to change. I'm really focusing on this today. My arms are taking shape too. But I have one of those bodies that is tiny upper and large lower. So at 195 people are telling me I'm getting too skinny because my upper body. My goal is to focus on the positive changes I'm feeling in my body.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Morning everyone! Its rainy and cold here, which is sort of nice right now, but I am sure I will be missing the summer weather soon! Here are my yesterday stats:

Calories in: 1411
    Calories out (exercise): 870

I know there is that whole conversation about eating your exercise calories, but seriously, if you are carrying around an extra 200 pounds, you don't need to eat your exercise calories! :laugh:

Am feeling really great these days. Getting lots of compliments, too. Kelli, I wish I had some 1X stuff for you, cuz you have been so great to share your clothes with me!!! I totally get not wanting to buy clothes at a size you aren't going to be at for long. I have a good friend who wants to start an internet business selling all my old clothing. I am going to see her this weekend about it. Its strange how when I was at my heaviest, I kept buying clothes, I suppose I was trying to fool myself into pretending I just needed to find something that fit right and then I would look (and feel?) better. However, now that I do look better (and I still have a LONG way to go) I don't want to buy clothes at all. Weird! I also find that I don't have a realistic idea of what size I am in. I measure and then I went online and bought a some pants. Had to send them back, they were too big! And, same thing with clothes in my closet I haven't been able to wear. By the time I think, "Well, I can prolly wear that now." I have gone rignt past them to a smaller size. That REALLY bugs me! So, I need to get a better plan for clothes.

Li4g - thanks! Those compliments really make a difference. And way to go, you are the best recruiter for MFP! Hope the dentist office lady shows up. And, what the heck? ITs just sick and wrong that they serve cookies at the dentist's office!! Geesh! Hey, thanks for the recipe, too!

Nita, good job! I like your positive affirmations - especially the 3rd one. :laugh: :laugh:

Healthymom - ditto what prayerful mom says about the clothes! And way to go on the treadmill. I am afraid I can't do it either. I can ride a stationary bike, but the treadmill just bores me and apparently I have no discipline when I am bored! :noway:

Prayerful - I agree with lulu! So, don't move south and east, move west. Salt Lake is a nice place to live! Big city amenities with a small town feel..................... :happy:

Lulu, you too! Seriously, I know you just got your yard in shape, but you will love decorating with red rock and sage brush! :happy:

Love you all - gotta go work out! :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    LOL.. yes, the dentist office serves Otis Spunkmeir cookies. They bake them right there in the office, so NOT only do you get to smell them the minute you walk in the door... the whole time your there you smell them. The fun part is getting a filling done....Then, once you are numb and cant taste a damn thing they offer you one on the way out to eat later. HAHA!! It is just plain TORTURE!

Got the kiddo's I watch here today at noon. If it were warm outside, Id plop the baby in the stroller and take them for a nice long walk, but it is coooold outside. At least compared to what it has been. I just hope it warms up before Friday so I dont have to figure out where to put 40 kids in my house for the spaghetti feed!! eek!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Cookies at the dentist. How awful (or delicious)! Maybe I'll suggest that to my dentist at my next check-up. :tongue:

Lately, I've been super busy at work so I've been eating lunch at my desk while working (shhh, don't tell the Fed - I know that's an FLSA violation). But today I stood up & thought, "This stupid job isn't worth my health!" & I went outside (it's GORGEOUS -- 74 degrees, sunny, breezy) & walked 2 miles. :smile:

Then, I come back in to find while I was out walking one of our elevators had fallen 2 stories with an employee inside. :noway:
    How scary. And worker's comp = lots of stupid paperwork for me (HR), but I guess that's job security. I'm just relieved my employee wasn't seriously injured!

But I'm extra glad I took the 2 flights of stairs up & down (and will be doing so from now on).
  • So I got my boyfriend addicted to Farm Town and now once again I am too.... Not as bad though because we have to share the computer lol..... I dread weigh in tomorrow.... I know I've gained.....TOM is on the way...
  • kristi-I'm as West as possible without moving to another country:laugh: My FIL lives in SLU but I still haven't managed to get there. We tried to plan a trip but the FIL came to our house instead. He comes to see us several times a year. Hubby and I really want to get out to Moab though and due some mountain biking.

L4G-how's the weather looking for your event?

JLB- that is creepy. Glad you got a walk in and you didn't get in that elevator.

Pawprint- another loss to farm town. :sad: What if you use FT as a treat. If I log all my food and go for a walk then you get x amount of minutes on farm town?

Wednesday check in:
    1212 calories intake
    28 mile bike ride against gusty winds (so extra hard)
    2 mile walk
  • nitag
    Good Morning everyone..

I'm feeling a bit discourged. I just feel like no matter what I can't seem to lose weight.. I've been so good for the last 3 weeks.. I've followed Jenny Craig to the T and I feel like I should be losing more.. I walk at least 5 days a week for 2 miles.. I do some light weights and my abs.. What gives???? I am pretty good on the water intake.. Ugg feeling down about it.. I even dreamed about it last night...

Anita
  • stillkristi
    Hi gang - good to see you all. Nita, hang in there. Sounds like the dreaded plateau. Keep an eye on your clothes, and also just how you feel. Might be time to hide the scale again! :grumble:

Pawprint, same thing - its a life thing, not a diet. Just healthy living. Don't let yourself get discouraged.

Jib - wow - creepy is not the word for it! Terrifying! Good job doing the stairs!

Prayerful - you are really inspiring! I want to be like you when I grow up. And I highly recommend Moab. one of my favorite places on earth. I love it! Its a big part of my inspiration for this journey. This is Fisher Tower - about 17 miles outside Moab on I-70 on the Colorado river.

P1000156.jpg

Kelli, Cyndi, Jamie, Lulu, and everyone else. Have a great day! Catch you later!

Almost forgot:

Calories in: 1800
    Calories out: 546
  • nitag
    Okay I need my Team's opinion...

As you know I started at 220 maybe a little bit higher but I didn't weigh before I started eating and exercising. It took a few weeks for me to actually get on the scale. My last DR. appt in 2008 I was about 230 if I remember correctly.. I was doing great, logging, eating right, exercising ect and most importantly LOSING.. then my family had the year from HELL... Kole died, Tracey died and my Uncle Doyle Died then my Dad needed and had surgery ( he is having prostate surgery now on Oct 8th the day before my 45th bd)... I started failing, my husband and I were fighting about his having to work out of state all the time ect.. I gained back about 10 lbs, stopped exercising stopped logging stopped coming here and became addicted to farming on facebook, a lot of us did that though : (... I joined Jenny Craig and I love it, it's convenient but I'm not losing like I think I should especially when I'm paying 125 a week for food.. It's not the money I can afford it its just the fact that I feel like I should be able to do this.. I did it before.. In 96 I lost 80 lbs and got to my goal weight of 132... Help me decide if I should continue Jenny Craig or go back to healthy eating and exercising....

I just had a great workout.. I tried jogging.. That was ugly.. I worked out for 45 mins and burned 696 calories...

:yawn:
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    nita in the 3 weeks you've been on how much have you lost? When life is stressful your body makes cortisol, cortisol unfortunately can make women gain weight in the tummy area. So you may be experiencing higher cortisol levels that is causing the weight to come off slower even when you think you are doing well. The only true way to find out which one works best for you is to do a certain amount of weeks with JC and then a certain amount with healthy eating and see which is working better. Sometimes you see it more in inches so measure yourself and see. I think you are dong great!!
  • Okay I need my Team's opinion...

As you know I started at 220 maybe a little bit higher but I didn't weigh before I started eating and exercising. It took a few weeks for me to actually get on the scale. My last DR. appt in 2008 I was about 230 if I remember correctly.. I was doing great, logging, eating right, exercising ect and most importantly LOSING.. then my family had the year from HELL... Kole died, Tracey died and my Uncle Doyle Died then my Dad needed and had surgery ( he is having prostate surgery now on Oct 8th the day before my 45th bd)... I started failing, my husband and I were fighting about his having to work out of state all the time ect.. I gained back about 10 lbs, stopped exercising stopped logging stopped coming here and became addicted to farming on facebook, a lot of us did that though : (... I joined Jenny Craig and I love it, it's convenient but I'm not losing like I think I should especially when I'm paying 125 a week for food.. It's not the money I can afford it its just the fact that I feel like I should be able to do this.. I did it before.. In 96 I lost 80 lbs and got to my goal weight of 132... Help me decide if I should continue Jenny Craig or go back to healthy eating and exercising....

I just had a great workout.. I tried jogging.. That was ugly.. I worked out for 45 mins and burned 696 calories...

Congrats on jogging!
    I think often times we think our body should react like it did when we were younger. I could lose 10lbs in a week. Now I'm lucky if I can lose 10lbs in 6 months.
    I've done JC with much success in the past so I can ask you these questions from experience:

1) are you really saving that much money buying your own food?
    2) is the accountabily of weighing in front of someone helpful
    3) is it so convient your more likely to stay on plan
    4) are you missing the spontinaity of eating
    5) do you want to eat what you want just in moderation (and it doesn't cause you to relaps)
    6) Have I given JC a fair shake?

You have to decide what is best for you. :ohwell:
  • nitag
    Okay I need my Team's opinion...

Congrats on jogging!
    I think often times we think our body should react like it did when we were younger. I could lose 10lbs in a week. Now I'm lucky if I can lose 10lbs in 6 months.
    I've done JC with much success in the past so I can ask you these questions from experience:

1) are you really saving that much money buying your own food?
    2) is the accountabily of weighing in front of someone helpful
    3) is it so convient your more likely to stay on plan
    4) are you missing the spontinaity of eating
    5) do you want to eat what you want just in moderation (and it doesn't cause you to relaps)
    6) Have I given JC a fair shake?

You have to decide what is best for you. :ohwell:

Thanks guys...

Okay here are my answers to your questions..

1)Yes I would save about 400 a month.. I still buy for my husband and we are still shopping the same and I cook the same he just has left overs more often which is okay by him
    2) Yes and No - I gave this one a lot of thought.. Regardless of what I weigh I am stepping on that scale with or without someone there! Was thinking my husband could help in that area..
    3) It is convenient very convenient but I am thinking if I plan ahead like I was I should be able to do fine..
    4) No, not really missing that at all.. I do however miss my cooking.. Chicken a lean steak...
    5) Not really what I want, I want to teach myself to eat healthy. I want to cook healthy and eat healthy and i feel like I'm not learning that on Jenny Craig..
    6) That I am going to say NO..

I do know that I am not going to lose this overnight but man I am so frustrated.. I am thinking with the money I save I could get a personal trainer a couple days a week and learn how to work out properly without injuring myself..

I've done all this before so I think I should be better prepared but honestly I am so lost.. I had a long discussion with my husband and he says it's my decision.. I talk to him more about that tonight..

Thanks again...

Anita
  • nitag
    nita in the 3 weeks you've been on how much have you lost? When life is stressful your body makes cortisol, cortisol unfortunately can make women gain weight in the tummy area. So you may be experiencing higher cortisol levels that is causing the weight to come off slower even when you think you are doing well. The only true way to find out which one works best for you is to do a certain amount of weeks with JC and then a certain amount with healthy eating and see which is working better. Sometimes you see it more in inches so measure yourself and see. I think you are dong great!!

I think it's 2.6 lbs.... I know thats not bad BUT I feel like i could have lost 2.6 lbs on my own eating right.. I hate feeling like I am wasting money.. I need new tires this week.. winter is coming and honestly the thought of spending over 400 a month on food is bugging me.. We don't spend that EVER.. well that's not true. We do spend about that so it's like 800 now and thats a big chunk of change..

I will bust out that measuring tape..

Thanks again...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Anita,
    If you really feel like you can learn how to cook and eat healthy (which is what I've been doing over the last 3.5 weeks and I'm so pleased with what I've learned to do), then I say dump JC. I personally don't care for WW or JC or Nutrisystem or any of that junk because I feel like you're setting you up for future failure when you go off those diets. I also feel like canned and/or heavily processed food isn't really very good for you and isn't doing your body any favors. That being said, if you struggle with portion sizes or with cooking healthy meals, then a program like JC may be the best option for you.

I personally invested my money in a digital kitchen scale, several sets of measuring cups & spoons, and a stationary bicycle, and a digital bathroom scale and have been super pleased with my change in health so far.

I hope this helps. :smile:
  • I do know that I am not going to lose this overnight but man I am so frustrated.. I am thinking with the money I save I could get a personal trainer a couple days a week and learn how to work out properly without injuring myself..
    Anita

Now that is a great idea!!!!!!
  • stillkristi
    Nita, I am in agreement with the rest of the team on Jenny Craig. I think the meetings are prolly pretty good, but usually you can go to a good meeting sponsored by the American Heart Association and not have to buy any pre packaged food. Here is my thing about the food: We are making lifestyle changes, and to that end, are you going to eat Jenny Craig food for the rest of your life? I am betting not. So, for me, preparing my meals is a key to my success. Also, I buy really great food, but I am sure I don't spend 125 a week. When I first started my new life, I treated MFP like AA - I did the 90 meetings in 90 days thing with you all. And, by the way, I am so grateful for all the support!!! :drinker:
    I like what Jib said - and have sort of done the same - I have a good kitchen scale and some good measuring cups and spoons. I am still pretty heavy for most bathroom scales, so I have my platform scale in the shed. :embarassed: Anyway, my point is, this is about living, not dieting. So, and this is another thing that is important for me, cuz I have so much weight to lose, its easy to get discouraged if I focus on anything but the journey. I try to envision the end result, when I am fit and I ride my bike everywhere like prayerfulmom, or I am buying cute jeans like LI4G. But, the bottom line is I keep my eyes on the road right in front of me and really enjoy the view from here. I love how much better I feel. I love the compliments I get. I love that today I am wearing a shirt I wore 20 years ago and haven't been able to wear for the last 15 years. I love that I have lost more than 100 pounds. It sucks that I still need to lose about 200. But, oh well. I am on the right road, and I am healthier today than I have been in years. I got on the scale to day and it was the same as a week ago. But, I am ok with that because (1) losing 8 pounds last week was pretty crazy, and (2) I am doing the rignt things. All you can do is the next right thing.

WOW, listen to me ramble on! Sorry gang. Love you all.

Kristi
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Well, the wheather isnt looking too promising for this spaghetti feed tomorrow. I cleaned up outside today just in case, but even if it doesnt rain, Its prolly gonna be a bit chilly outside for an outdoor party.. :sad:

I hit the store today and loaded up on spag sauce, caesar salad makings and garlic bread. Also got the kids a special surprise that my daughter requested..... Chocolate milk!!! :laugh: :laugh: Like mother, Like daughter!!! I didnt even have to suggest it.. haha!

Hubby comes home tomorrow evening. He'll be home Saturday, then leaves Sunday for a week to Colorado... then from there, he flys to Pennsylvania for a week before coming home. I feel for him tho, he said New York was a nasty dirty city and now he has a headcold and has to fly home feeling crummy. Just what I want.....him to stop at home long enough to give us all the cooties!!!!!! :angry: It looks like after he returns from Pennsylvania he will be home for a couple weeks before going to Texas for a week. Then... its up in the air from there where they will send him next.

Anywho... I cant believe its been a week already!!.... here is the link for tomorrow's weigh in!!

May the force (forcing that scale to drop or the tape measure to shrink) be with you!:bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/67452-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team-week-35