Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Weekly Weigh-in/Measurements

AlaskanhikerAlaskanhiker Posts: 46Member Posts: 46Member
I'm new to the site and think this is an awesome tool to help people lose weight. My suggestion is to have a Forum section dedicated to Weekly weigh-ins where people can post on one specific thread or a thread of their own their weight and/or measurements weekly (I noticed that someone started a thread in one of the other discussion forums like this). I have found it very beneficial to have a specific day that I check my weight per week. This may help people to stay accountable if others can check on their progress. But it won't clutter up other discussion forums.

Let me know what you think.

Replies

• AlaskanhikerAlaskanhiker Posts: 46Member Posts: 46Member
    I'm new to the site and think this is an awesome tool to help people lose weight. My suggestion is to have a Forum section dedicated to Weekly weigh-ins where people can post on one specific thread or a thread of their own their weight and/or measurements weekly (I noticed that someone started a thread in one of the other discussion forums like this). I have found it very beneficial to have a specific day that I check my weight per week. This may help people to stay accountable if others can check on their progress. But it won't clutter up other discussion forums.

Let me know what you think.
  • RazbooRazboo Posts: 439Member Member Posts: 439Member Member
    Is this the thread?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/847-post-weight-losses-hold-me-accountable-thanks

Maybe try starting one in the Motivation section and include that you are interested in posting measurements as well as weight. I bet there's be lots of folks interested.
    Razboo,

That's a good suggestion. Perhaps I can start doing weekly weigh-ins in the motivation forum area. See how popular something like that would be before creating a new forum section for it.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 29,008Member Member Posts: 29,008Member Member
    Is this the thread?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/847-post-weight-losses-hold-me-accountable-thanks

Maybe try starting one in the Motivation section and include that you are interested in posting measurements as well as weight. I bet there's be lots of folks interested.

This is the forum thread I started in the end of September that is just what you are looking for!
    I am not posting measurements every week, but I do post weight loss, and it's gotten 1500 hits since 9/23/07. I'd say there is interest :wink:

~Cheryl
  • Eve23Eve23 Posts: 2,379Member Member Posts: 2,379Member Member
    Definately an interest here for it. And while we all love Cheryls original post it is getting quite large to check and see how everyone is doing. I am not sure I will always share my measurements but I would certainly be happy to post whereever it works out best. I am not planning on reposting anything until this weekend though.

Eve
    Cheryl,

Yours was definitely the thread I was thinking about. I think it's a great idea! As a new person it's kind of hard to go through all the posts on that single thread though. That's why I was thinking of doing a thread for each week. That way you can see peoples weekly progress more easily. Just a thought. I started up one for this week and I'll do it for a while but If it doesn't pan out then I'll just stop doing it. I'm not in anyway trying to usurp your thread, just thought it was such a great idea that expanding on it would be even better.