I'm a little bummed with myself

Hi all

I've been eating healthier for a few months now
With the help of this site, I've lost 22 pounds and have not binged ONCE
I've splurged maybe 2-3x at a party/event but had a few small bites of cake etc and that was that

Yesterday was a VERY stressful day...had my dd's 3rd b-day party at the house (posted a new pic in my profile)
I had a small lunch..stick with chicken and a small piece of cake
After everyone left...the cake was calling me name..I had 2 big slices, w/ out even thinking and felt sick to my stomach...ugh..i didn't eat anything for the rest of the day (this was about 3:00)

I'm sad because I thought those days were behind
BUT I feel good because today is a new day and I feel strong that I can stick to my new eating habits, food journal etc

Thanks for letting me vent that

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi all

I've been eating healthier for a few months now
    With the help of this site, I've lost 22 pounds and have not binged ONCE
    I've splurged maybe 2-3x at a party/event but had a few small bites of cake etc and that was that

Yesterday was a VERY stressful day...had my dd's 3rd b-day party at the house (posted a new pic in my profile)
    I had a small lunch..stick with chicken and a small piece of cake
    After everyone left...the cake was calling me name..I had 2 big slices, w/ out even thinking and felt sick to my stomach...ugh..i didn't eat anything for the rest of the day (this was about 3:00)

I'm sad because I thought those days were behind
    BUT I feel good because today is a new day and I feel strong that I can stick to my new eating habits, food journal etc

Thanks for letting me vent that
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    don't feel bad. i'm just impressed that's your first 'binge' since you started. And you're right, today is a new today so put it behind you and move on. After all you must being doing something right, you've lost 22 pounds!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    really dont feel bad same reaction with the plate full of bacon my son made for blt's. I also indulged. The next day started new. It is really hard when people around you eat like you used to. But you can do it. Great job on the 22lbs. :drinker:
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    It's only one meal Kimber ... the beauty of this is that with each meal you have another chance at sticking to it ...so don't fret.

You have options:
    1. Try and identify ways of pulling yourself out of that situation should it arise again and make a healthier choice.
    2. Just let yourself do it and make up for it with an extra workout and make sure you get that water in
    3. Next birthday in your house, you just send cake home with your friends and family. If there is none left over, you wont be tempted.

(Ooopsss thank you Rebecca~: )
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    It's only one meal Rebecca ... the beauty of this is that with each meal you have another chance at sticking to it ...so don't fret.

One thing you might do is since you know you can succumb to emotional eating...try and identify ways of pulling yourself out of that situation should it arise again and make a healthier choice OR just let yourself do it and make up for it with an extra workout and make sure you get that water in OR next birthday, you just send cake home with your friends and family. If there is none left over, you wont be tempted.

oops i think you meant that to say kimber507 not me!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    I have that to look forward to myself this week, 2 birthday parties for my daughter, a family one and a larger one on the weekend for her 16th birthday. and I LOVE CAKE WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING! So I will be fighting myself all week to not want that cake and to just stick with a couple bites if I can't forego it. The advice about giving it away is good!
  • sindyb9
    Tomorrow is my sons 17th birthday and his favorite cake is the really good carvel ice cream cake, just happens to be mine too. LOL :laugh: :laugh: Better get that extra work out coming and save some calories. :drinker:
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    My son's bday was last weekend, I ordered a small round cake (most of us here are avoiding junk food) and I sent the leftovers home with my friend. Worked perfect. :bigsmile:
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Ohayyy folks...we are ONLY human...

In all honesty, if it's in the house...it will be eaten!:laugh:
  • sindyb9
    Ohayyy folks...we are ONLY human...

In all honesty, if it's in the house...it will be eaten!:laugh:

That is why I am getting a small one just enough for him and his dad. :bigsmile:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Unfortunately, my family brought the birthday cake home from wednesday night bible study, and I ate it. No, not all of it, but it feels like it. Ugh. When will I win this battle against white cake with buttercream frosting????????