sinus/allergy problems?

anyone have any good home remedies for sinus/allergy problems? i can't quit sneezing, and massive clear runny nose....can anybody help?

Replies

• jnkreis
    jnkreis Posts: 51 Member
    anyone have any good home remedies for sinus/allergy problems? i can't quit sneezing, and massive clear runny nose....can anybody help?
  • before i break down and by OTC meds, i use vicks to keep my nasal passages clear. i just rub a little under my nose, wait about thirty seconds, then blow. i'm battling sinus congestion right now. i broke down and got some Mucinex D. you have to get it from the pharmacy window, but it's worth it. clears you up really well. or at least makes your boogage productive.

i use claritin and zyrtec . it's a good thing both of those are OTC now.

good luck and hope you get to feeling better :)
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Old Fishermen's remedy...they boil a pot of heavily salted water in the mornings and inhale the steam till they clear their sinuses.
  • snakeskin
    snakeskin Posts: 21
    I suffered from sinus and allergies since childhood, so bad I would have nosebleeds. Typical doctor care and shots were not helpful in the least. An article in Prevention magazine suggested using Panothenic Acid (found in the vitamin section) for the problem. It cured 85% of my issue.

If you happen to try it, give it at least 2-3 months to get into your system.

Best.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    A saline nose spray might help you. It's not a home remedy, but it's not a medication either.
  • i read this today and tried it..it worked, but not sure if you'd want to do it long term *L*

press your tongue into the roof of your mouth, while doing that, press a finger into the middle of your forehead. it will relieve some pressure and cause your boogage to drain a bit. i tried it a few times and it worked. weird but it worked.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Neti pot.

I first saw it on Oprah - Dr. Oz had it there to demonstrate.

http://www.oprah.com/search/search_results.jsp?querystring=neti pt&fromSearchPage=yes

It is seriously the best thing ever! I use mine all the time. (under $10).

It is a very old sinus treatment / irrigation done with water and sterile saline. But since there are not "drugs" involved, Western medicine has no place for it...."Med"-ical doctors give us "Med"-icine. You could probably buy one at your drug store, I've seen them at most large drug store chains. I got mine the day I saw it - ( Amazon.com. )

~Cheryl