2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Ivy as Winnie the Pooh would say Happy Un Birthday, Hope you enjoyed the day

It's not Winnie the Pooh. That's Alice in Wonderland.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member

Thanks for the correction and you are welcome to join us too!!!
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    It sounds like everyone worked hard this weekend. I haven't posted because I was celebrating my birthday this weekend. However, I did get my exercise in, even if the eating portion of this journey did not go so well. On Friday I got in a 6/7 with some yoga. On Saturday, my normal rest day I even got in a little exercise by going for a powerwalk with my hubby. (Powerwalk for me and stroll in the park for him. He kept commenting that my short legs, I am 5'5", were walking twice as fast as his, he is 6'!)

I have not done anything yet this week, but plan on following an aerobics video after work today. Good luck to everyone this Monday!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member

Thanks for the correction and you are welcome to join us too!!!
    hmmm... I always thought it was pooh too... :huh:

My oldest daughter always loved eyeore.... I always say in my best eyeore voice "doesn't matter anyway" when they are not listening to me :laugh: :laugh:
  • makeitallsue
    I am beat...feels like MOnday... tough weekend... super hot in the sun DH in baseball, my son was winning pitcher the game he pitched :bigsmile: ., we lost second game.. 1/7 so far with a walk in between games....
    In laws came and I only got half of my between game walk in.. but is was 2 miles in 88* ..so I am counting it!:ohwell: ... and FIL reminded me that he is still waiting on an embroidered shirt I promised him when I got new sewing machine in.. he is leaving for a fishing trip and wants to take it with him... so I will be busy , hopefully this week getting that finished... he wants a whole scene on his shirt back.... :noway:

I haven't done much today... but clean our bedroom and bills paid...
    Happy Belated B-day jl20 and way to keep up with the tall guy!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    HAve a great week everyone...will check in after I get some work done!!
  • vhuber
    2/7 was a 3 mile run at 5 a.m., WORK, short nap, JMBR for 30 min, 2 mile walk on TM and then 4 mile walk with the furries! I am now ready for bed!
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Hello ladies,
    Short entry. Hope everyone is fabulous. I am 2/7 as of yesterday. getting all the last minute details done.

Guess what? At my fitting they had to take my dress in again. My mother isnt to thrilled LOL, but it is gorgeous.

My wonderful friends gave me a bridal shower and a night out on saturday, which I totally enjoyed.

Everyone have a fabulous day.
  • makeitallsue
    Hello ladies,
    Short entry. Hope everyone is fabulous. I am 2/7 as of yesterday. getting all the last minute details done.

Guess what? At my fitting they had to take my dress in again. My mother isnt to thrilled LOL, but it is gorgeous.

My wonderful friends gave me a bridal shower and a night out on saturday, which I totally enjoyed.

Everyone have a fabulous day.

Woo Hoo!!!!! Sorry Mom, but smaller dress size is awesome!
  • makeitallsue
    :explode: I am having a couple crappy days... I have been so hungry and having trouble with snacking>>>> grrr, I hate it when I get that way. I am super busy with scheduling a tournament for our baseball league and I think I am eating due to being a tiny bit stressed... ok, so I know why... why can't I stop doing it....:mad:

I just got a brief walk in yesterday... I need to break a tough sweat today, hope I can get to it!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    1/7 walking
    2/7 2 miles with leslie

This has been a tough week. My grandmother passes away on friday. She was 87 and her time with us was filled with laughter and joy. I will miss my laughing buddy and confidant.

Happy Belelated Birthday. Jl20

debra i have been eating things I should not too but we will have a better week this week.
    Congrats on the dress thinktank!!
    Verda you are rockin it as usual.

To all I missed have a great day and keep working hard.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    3/7 2 miles with leslie
  • vhuber
    Ivy, I'm sorry!!! I am soooo glad she left you with very happy moments, you will cherish them!!!

My 3/7 was JMBR, Kettlebell/kickbox AND walking for around 3 miles!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Wow--this thread has been busy!!!

Ivy--I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you!!!!

I've been busy and haven't had a chance to get on MFP other than on my phone, and I can't access the message boards that way. Sorry I've been totally MIA!!! You ladies have been doing an excellent job getting the workouts in.

Sunday I didn't do an "official" workout, but I was helping hubby with building our deck for about 4 hours and I was sore the next day, so I'm taking that as my 1/7!! Monday was too busy with running errands, taking care of kiddos, etc to get a workout in. Yesterday I got a 3 mile run in for 2/7. We shall see what today allows for my fitness endeavors!!!

Yesterday was a pretty cool day. One of my colleagues and I gave a presentation on management of spasticity in stroke survivors to a big group of patients and their caregivers, and Henry Winkler (aka "The Fonz" from Happy Days) was the celebrity guest speaker. He was a really nice guy and very down to earth.

Better run, hubby just got back home. Let's see if I can talk him into keeping an ear open for Blake so I can try to get a quick workout in! :wink:
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Ivy, I am very sorry about your grandmother. :flowerforyou:
    Debra, I can also relate to the snacking thing. I am determined today, but after my birthday I was really slipping on Monday and Tuesday.
    Thinktank, I am so excited for you for your dress. I am in my sisters wedding in October and am kinda hoping they have to take in my dress as well!

I am not off to a good week and I will not meet the 5/7 challenge this week. I hate to make excuses but on Monday I was in the ER with my 3yo whos hand got slammed in a door. She broke her three middle fingers. And yesterday the dog got really sick and I had to make a visit to the vet after work. I am still not exactly sure what is wrong with him. Since I normally only have time to workout after work I may consider waking up extra early to get something done in the morning in case anything pops up during the day. I will try to workout tonight. Good luck to everyone in meeting their goals for the rest of the week!
  • wanna_be_fit
    jl20--so sorry your week has been so rough. Hope it gets better soon!

I get to claim my 3/7 with 30 minutes on the elliptical. I find myself wanting to run every day, but I know that I can't do that and I need to cross train so I don't injure myself like I did when I overdid the running last year!

Keep up the great work ladies!!
  • vhuber
    Coming in here late and then I am off to bed.
    My 4/7 was Leslie Spreen's Kickbox Bootcamp (it was ok, not a heavy calorie burner!) and a 2 mile walk with my furry kids!
  • makeitallsue
    Ivy, I am deeply sorry for your loss. I am so glad you have so many precious memories with /and /of her. Please share when you are ready..would love to hear more about her!

I am struggling this week with a migraine and I am so tired I am starting to get concerned... probably better get my motivation to find ANOTHER new Doc soon. I feel I am wasting months... feeling crappy, even the exercise isn't helping this time.

I cleaned the downstairs of the house... top to bottom...even moved out the appliances and cleaned under stuff... took me all day, only a 2 mile walk with the dog in the afternoon for "real" exercise.....
  • wanna_be_fit

I am struggling this week with a migraine and I am so tired I am starting to get concerned... probably better get my motivation to find ANOTHER new Doc soon. I feel I am wasting months... feeling crappy, even the exercise isn't helping this time.

I'm not a neurologist and don't treat migraines, but I use Botox for spasticity management, and I know that Botox recently received FDA approval for migraine management, and apparently it is very effective for some patients. You may want to find a physician who offers this treatment (in addition to oral meds) if you haven't yet tried it. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Planning a run in a little bit if Blake will allow it. Will check back in later!
  • wanna_be_fit
    4/7 with a 3 mile run @ 6 mph plus w/u and c/d walk. Happy Thursday everyone!!! :)
  • vhuber
    5/7 with JMBR workout 5 and 80 minutes of digging and planting flowers with my grandson.