T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ Week 35!

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi team how is everyone! I missed you guys over the weekend. I am glad to be back from Idaho, where it snowed about 3 inches the morning I left! Geesh! I am pleased to report I ate pretty well and even got in a couple of brisk walks. I am really feeling perky. One of the things I did this weekend was take 5 GIANT bins of my fat clothes to this friend of mine that wants to start an ebay business selling them. I would never do it on my own, but she loves that kind of stuff, so it might be a win-win. We'll see. In any event, it was really nice to box them up and get them out of the house - NEVER to be worn again. YAY!!!

Well, I need to get my workout in, so take care my friends. I'll see you soon!

Kristi
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Hi everyone!

It's the month of insanity for me at work. I'll be making a lot of road trips visiting offices throughout the state and when I'm actually in the office I'm up to my neck in wonderful paperwork. I think I'm losing my mind and it's only the 6th. Trying to eat healthy & drink enough water on those almost daily road trips is challenging to say the least but I'm up for a challenge. :wink: I was in the car for 6 hours yesterday and will be for 6-8 hours at least 2-3 days each week this month. Ugh. :grumble:

Thursday marks the 1 month anniversary for me on MFP and I've lost *at least* 15 pounds since joining. 15 POUNDS! :happy: :drinker:

I stopped by to see my mom while I was driving through her town in my work travels yesterday and she asked me if I had lost weight. :smile: I didn't think anyone other than me & my BF were going to be able to tell yet, but leave it to a mother to notice even the slightest change.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Hi All..
    Got in my exercise and now I am going to mop my floors with my Shark Steam Mop.. love it..

Have a great day...

Anita
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Hiya Team!!

The weekend just flew by even though it was a long weekend for me :smile: Again I was really bad on the eating and drinking water... and the only exercise I got was all the cleaning I did :smile:
    Yesterday was my youngest daughters 20th birthday... made her favorites for supper... spent most of the day cooking and cleaning and really forgot about eating until supper and then I over ate :frown: But todays a new day and I'm back to logging everything again... I will be good until Sunday, that is when we are having our Thanksgiving dinner... I can't be good when I'm making perogies and lets not forget the pumpkin pie :smile: and then Monday it's my youngest son's 15th birthday and I know I won't be able to pass up the cake :laugh: After all that there will be nothing until Christmas so that will be when I really T.H.E. :smile:

So that's it for me!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    afternoon all!

I was up at 6:30 this morning to take Nilla in for her spaying, then came home to clean my kitchen and get some stuff done. Been real good stickin to my food and logging it in. I made the Shirataki Fettucini alfredo from the Hungry-girl.com site for lunch and lemme just say...after adding a tiny bit of garlic salt it wasnt half bad! It was filling and The noodles are wierd.. not like regular noodles at all (Im pretty sure my kids wouldnt eat it.. :laugh: ).. but the flavor part of it was decent and it was too easy and CHEAP for me not to make it again for lunch. Will prolly throw in some grilled veggies (I cook a bowl full ahead of time now for snacking) in to make it taste even better. (roasted peppers, onions would be awesome.. maybe some red pepper flakes too...hmmm)

Im trying to work up the energy to decorate my house for halloween and its just not happening. My garage is a disaster zone right now.... should be out there cleaning it up but its so full of stuff we brought home from the other house.. I just dont wanna! :laugh: Body is sore from yesterdays wogging. Just a little. Feels tired more than anything. IF i make it to the gym tonight it will be to ride the bike a little and to sit in the hot tub.. :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    Ok... I am seriously losingit here.....

I was sitting here a couple hours ago and something told me that I needed to go to the Humane Society. I decided that there MUST be a reason but the only thing I could come up with was to look at lost pet records to see if Salem was being looked for. I just had this nagging feeling that I NEEDED to go! So...I jump in the car.. drive across town to find out that the Humane Society moved to a new location located on the OTHER side of town... did that stop me? No... I drove the 45 minutes to get there because i HAD to go...

So.. I get there... go into the pet adoption area to browse. I had been on craigslist earlier today and saw alot of lost pet ads on there, so I went to see if I recognized anyone. I played with a red nosed pitbull in the play area for 1/2 hour.. exercised him AND me real good throwing his ball then decided Id better do what I came to do and go look through lost pet records.

I went to the intake area and wasnt waiting at the counter for a minute when 2 nice ladies walked in....1 holding a large cardboard box and 1 holding a cat carrier. I peeked in the box and there were 4 tiny little faces staring at me.. about 2 weeks old.. cute as all heck! The ladies said the kittens were dropped on the steps of the church. The intake girl said that unless they could find a foster parent to take them until they were 2lbs or 8 weeks old.. they would be euthanized. I just couldnt bear to see that happen!!! 1 of the ladies was allergic, the other had dogs......sooooooooooooo...I called hubby and asked him if it was ok and... viola.. I am now the proud foster mommy for 4 baby kittens and their mommy until the babies are old enough to be adopted out in 6 weeks..

Yes... thats right... My new name is CatWoman as I am now living with 8 cats!! :laugh:
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Ohhh wow LI4G... I can't even imagine that many cats in a house :laugh: mind you it's probably easier than the 3 dogs and 1 cat here :laugh: and believe me trying to keep the one male dog away from the two females while they are in heat was craaaaazzzy!! I really need to get them fixed :laugh:

Ok did well today ... ate well & logged everything, drank all my water and walked about 4 miles... so much better than what I've been doing :smile: Going to work hard at it the rest of the week but I'm not expecting to lose anything this friday as it is TOM and well because I really haven't been trying that hard the last few days :laugh:

You all have a great night!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Went out to dinner with my hubby and kiddos tonight - boxed half my food up front, then ate about half of what was on my plate - good job there. Then, I let them talk me into going to see "Zombieland" at the movies. Ick. And sorta sick-funny too. I don't recommend it:ohwell: And I didn't get my exercise in. So, tomorrow morning I'll add a thirty minute walk and then do my weights when I get home tomorrow night.

See you great gals tomorrow!

lulu:heart:
  • LosingIt4good
    Hubby went to see that tonight also Lulu... he said it was hilarious but definitely rated R and some parts were just wrong.. LOL

Glad you had a nice dinner out! :0)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    sooooooooooooo...I called hubby and asked him if it was ok and... viola.. I am now the proud foster mommy for 4 baby kittens and their mommy until the babies are old enough to be adopted out in 6 weeks..

Yes... thats right... My new name is CatWoman as I am now living with 8 cats!! :laugh:

This is exactly why my boyfriend has forbidden me to go to any animal shelter. :laugh: How do you think we ended up with 6 dogs, 1 cat, 1 gerbil, 2 budgies, and 4 fish? We were at the pet store buying aquatic plants on Sunday and I fell absolutely head over heels in love with a ferret there. I convinced Scott to let me take him home without even trying! :laugh: I didn't take the ferret home because I've had 2 ferrets in the past and I know they take a lot more time and attention than I have to give right now. Plus, I really don't like the idea of supporting that ferret farm that shall remain nameless. But man, it was all I could do not to get him. And it's still all I can do not to drive back and get him. :laugh: I'm convinced animals know a sucker when they see one.

Enjoy your kitties!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Good Morning Everyone......

I got my exercise in 40 min walk on the treadmill and burned 410 calories...

I am ready to start my day...

I'm working today. Hopefully it will be a stressless day but I am not counting on it.. I know my boss is going to be pissed.. I didn't go to work yesterday cuz I have Tuesday's off.. BUT for some reason he seems to think if I take a day off I am going to change the schedule around.. I am off Friday because 1 it's my birthday and 2 my dad is having surgery again... SO I know he thinks I was going to be there but I'm in no wrong cuz 1 I didn't tell him I was going to be and 2 he didn't ask if I was..

I'll let ya all know what happens..

Stay healthy and drink lots of water..

Anita
  • L4G- I'm thinking you found your calling:smile: Had you stayed at your job what would have become of those poor kittens.

I got in Upper Body strength training, 28 mile bicycle commute, and 2 mile walk. I didn't get a chance to log food yesterday. I will today.
  • LosingIt4good
    LOL JLB... well I used to go visit regularly, just to play with the doggies. We cant own one because we have a neighbor who is jerk and has a german sheppard that is aggresive.. so no doggies for us. Not to mention, I dont have time.. dogs are awesome but they are less independent than kitties. I have always LOVED animals. As for the new babies....we will not be keeping ANY of them. They are cute, but I really dont want a kitten right now. Mommy is super dooper sweet. Ive named her Mut, after the ancient egyptian mother goddess..:happy:
  • Ok I think I will try this again team. I need a pep talk but how can I get one if I don't even post. I am not physically sick but going through a very difficult emotional menopause. My emotional go all haywire and I am trying hard to deal with them and get adjusted. I am still maintaing between 183 to 186 - 4 to 6 pounds over my lowest weight. I have have the emotional part for one week and TOM finally kick in today. And I weighed 185 today after I drank two glasses water. Although my weight is up and won't seem to leave me, I see other differences like the clothes fitting different, my ankle bracelet and rings are fitting looser, my stomach seems flatter but that is where the weight is so I don't see how this is happening - so I am not totally discoraged - just want to get back with it and get some more weight off.

I am going to start with small baby steps by starting back with getting my water in and getting exercise in - no matter how bad the day seems and posting what is going on and encouraging people. . My food choices are off some but not all bad. With all the emotional spells, I haven't totally turned to food - so that is good.

All of you are doing very good. For the ones that knew me from the beginning I am also aka indiangranny. Keep up the good work. and keep posting.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    . As for the new babies....we will not be keeping ANY of them. They are cute, but I really dont want a kitten right now.

Anyone want to take bets with me on this??? LOL
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Ok I think I will try this again team. I need a pep talk but how can I get one if I don't even post. I am not physically sick but going through a very difficult emotional menopause. My emotional go all haywire and I am trying hard to deal with them and get adjusted. I am still maintaing between 183 to 186 - 4 to 6 pounds over my lowest weight. I have have the emotional part for one week and TOM finally kick in today. And I weighed 185 today after I drank two glasses water. Although my weight is up and won't seem to leave me, I see other differences like the clothes fitting different, my ankle bracelet and rings are fitting looser, my stomach seems flatter but that is where the weight is so I don't see how this is happening - so I am not totally discoraged - just want to get back with it and get some more weight off.

I am going to start with small baby steps by starting back with getting my water in and getting exercise in - no matter how bad the day seems and posting what is going on and encouraging people. . My food choices are off some but not all bad. With all the emotional spells, I haven't totally turned to food - so that is good.

All of you are doing very good. For the ones that knew me from the beginning I am also aka indiangranny. Keep up the good work. and keep posting.

welcome back hon. I'm with ya on the having problems and starting over with baby steps. I've posted all my sins, well, most of them, the forum isn't THAT long, LOL. But I'm right there with ya. Start over - YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Hey all. My body is stuck on 157. I've been here for like a month now. So..I'm upping my walking and stuff. TOM is on the way though... I can feel it. It's getting hard to eat. Like, I'm hungry I can feel it. And I eat small meals because that's all I need, but that's it. I'm lucky some days to even get in 1,000 calories. My pants are too big. I can't afford new pants right now so I have to deal with them lol. It's ok... It's just hard to want to eat. I don't want to go in the opposite direction to where I start gaining again. I do have more energy though. I no longer feel like I have to take a nap every single day. Which is great. I just hate being stuck. I have like 7 pounds to lose by November 12th dang it.

My friend's sister had her baby on saturday. They're at the hospital because he hasn't peed and has jaundice. They have him on IV's and under lights. He was born with any jaundice but I guess he's just not peeing now. The doctors say he has to stay under the lights a little longer. So my prayers are with them.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    I don't know what's up - Everything is sooooo tight on me! My clothes, my rings, my shoes - it's ridiculous how uncomfortable I've been all day! I feel like I'm two sizes too big for all my stuff ~ so I finally go weigh and get this!!!! I'm up 6 ~ count 'em ~ S-I-X POUNDS! So, you think my dinner out last night had a bit of sodium in it?!?!

To top it off, I slept late and didn't get my walk in - then got home late from work, did some chores, cooked supper, cleaned the kitchen, packed lunch for tomorrow, and I just now sat down and still haven't worked out!!

Losingweightforme!!!!!!! I'm SO SUPER HAPPY you are back! You can totally get back on track. I personally wobble on and off the track daily - I believe though, that in the end this will all work.... I just have to keep coming here, reporting, logging, sharing, trying - and slowly but surely, it WILL happen. For those menapausal woes, do your research online - there are lots of sites that can be really helpful. You can get through that too! Thanks for coming back to us! I missed you!

later gaters,
    lulu
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    So I went to the YMCA tonight to try a yoga class and it was great!!! They have two differnt teachers but this is definatly the one for me. So next Monday I am going to try a water erobics class and see how I like it. I'm really enjoying not being intimidated. I remember all through collage how I hated goign to the gym because I felt like everyone was looking at me. I look around the Y and I see people who look like me trying to slowly change there lives and not watching any body.

Not sure what the way in will hold since TOM appeared yesterday, but I've got my fingers crossed that all this will have pay off even with that. Have a great rest of the week.
  • Losingweightforme - I was thinking of you last weekend as I walked 5K. I still admire you for the 24 hr walk you did. You HAVE the strength to accomplish your goals, just stick with us. :flowerforyou:

I took the night off for exercise to save my strength for tomorrow's run. Plus, I stayed on track with food even though I had a headache all day and grouchy kids.:grumble: Tomorrow will be better:smile: