Just joined this forum

Options
Hi all.

Was surfing and came across this site, so I joined as I'm struggling to loose those last few pounds before a wedding in June.

My daily intake of calories is 1200 - however I've been eating about 700 and working out 6 days a week for 2 hrs at a time, but still not losing the weight. Hopefully this may work better.

Replies

• TIWARS
    TIWARS Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi all.

Was surfing and came across this site, so I joined as I'm struggling to loose those last few pounds before a wedding in June.

My daily intake of calories is 1200 - however I've been eating about 700 and working out 6 days a week for 2 hrs at a time, but still not losing the weight. Hopefully this may work better.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

You need to read this. It is a tell all.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You're eating too few calories. I'm going to guess you burn about 550 calories for one hour of cardio...imagine this:

700 calories - 550 calories burned = 250 net calories for the day.

Your body cannot function and burn fat effectively on 250 calories a day. Up your caloric intake and you should see a difference.
  • TIWARS
    TIWARS Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks Helawat for the info.

You're right i burn about 350 calories in 300 minutes on cardio.....The MFP says by daily intake should be 1200 calories so I was trying to stick to this.

Should my calorie intake be 1200 after netting off the exercise calories ?
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yes, your net should end up at 1200 calories for the day. If you workout and burn 300 calories then you need to eat 1500 calories for the day.

Hope this helps!:wink:
    ~Erin
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, hope you have a great time here.