Thanksgiving Challenge - Fitness Check-In ~ Nov 1

NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
To keep some accountabilty with Melanie's Thanksgiving Challenge from the Motivation Board I will post a daily check-in to see how everyone is doing with the fitness goals they made for themselves. If you didn't join over there go ahead and join us here! Set yourself a fitness goal and check-in here daily to let us know how you are doing!

My Goal
at least 30 min cardio 4x/week
strength & conditioning at least 3x/week

Yesterday I did 15 mintues of warm-up & cool-down exercises, the 25 minute Biggest Loser Low-Intensity Cardio workout, & 30 minutes of walking. I really hope to get some sort of cardio in 7x/week but we will see. With 2 little boys around and a hubby that works late hours it's not always the easiest thing to do.

Let's work together to get fitter and healthier before Thanksgiving!
+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    To keep some accountabilty with Melanie's Thanksgiving Challenge from the Motivation Board I will post a daily check-in to see how everyone is doing with the fitness goals they made for themselves. If you didn't join over there go ahead and join us here! Set yourself a fitness goal and check-in here daily to let us know how you are doing!

My Goal
    at least 30 min cardio 4x/week
    strength & conditioning at least 3x/week

Yesterday I did 15 mintues of warm-up & cool-down exercises, the 25 minute Biggest Loser Low-Intensity Cardio workout, & 30 minutes of walking. I really hope to get some sort of cardio in 7x/week but we will see. With 2 little boys around and a hubby that works late hours it's not always the easiest thing to do.

Let's work together to get fitter and healthier before Thanksgiving!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Hi Niccole! Thank you so much for doing this... it is awesome! I had a rough night last night. My neighbors got together in our culdesac for Halloween and we drank wine and ate bad!!! So, I started off my day today on the right foot. I did a spinning class for 60 minutes plus a run/strength training routine for about 45 minutes. I feel better now about things. It's such a bummer to have a bad day with food because I beat myself up over it... but I have decided to put it behind me and focus on today and have a great day today!

Thank you for your positive energy! Happy November everyone!

Katie
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Hi Nicole: Your other postings kept me going because they were a daily item! So, I'll join in with you again. :flowerforyou:

My goal starting today November 1st - chug a chug a choo choo is: Never mind too much coffee this morning all ready hee hee

Walk with dog - 20 to 30 minutes
    Stationary Bike - 5 minutes
    Elliptical - 10 - 15 minutes
    Strength training 3 x's a week on our power rod cable thingy in the corner, whatever it's called.

I think that's do-able. Yay Nicole.
  • Well, I didn't get a chance to workout yesterday however, I did this morning. I did 30 mins on my Gazelle. And I plan on doing 25 min High Intensity Cardio on my BL dvd this evening.

I'm shooting for my 10 lb goal...I have to reach it.

GL to everyone,
    Naj
  • Shannon1106
    Shannon1106 Posts: 2 Member
    :smile:
    Hey Niccole... I'm in.
    My goals:
    I want to do some sort of Cardio 4x a week.
    I am also trying to write down what I eat...

started today... so far not- so- good! Lost track at 6 pumpkins and 2 peppermint patties. It was a good reality check for me. I eat like crap and now that the kids have all of this Halloween candy! Argh!!! I will keep trying though. I need to be the boss.

Shannon
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Today:

30 minute walk
    45 minutes of yoga.

My goal is to heal my back (sciatica...ouch) and not get on the scale for the next month!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    oh, yeah...
    Thanks NIccole for keeping this thread new every day! It's a great reminder and incentive.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    My goal is to lose 3 lbs by Thanksgiving. Today I did:

40 min Elliptical with some interval for the first 20 minutes
    10 min cool down walk
    25 minute strength training - can barely lift arms to type

doubt I'll have much trouble lifting my fork tonight though. :wink:

Always hungry,

Mary