is this possible?!

ok well anyway, a few months ago i got on myfitnesspal to lose some weight and get down to 110 pounds.

the highest i had been was 135 and i decided to lose some weight.

my problem is i did lose weight, and i can't seem to stop. since ive been eating less for months now im just not hungry for fattening fast food, etc.

i now eat small healthy meals.

while this is good ive gotten too thin. like 101 pounds thin and my mom wants to send me to an eating disorder clinic.

i really don't want to go! but when ever i eat i know how many calories are in everything, etc and im aware of what i eat and i can't help but think about it.

i like being slimmer, but i dont seem to have enough fat on the upper portion of my body.. so i was wondering does anyone know what i can do to stop losing weight and gain fat, but not weight?

if it helps i have a very athletic build, etc.

thanks if you could help, and any other advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• ok well anyway, a few months ago i got on myfitnesspal to lose some weight and get down to 110 pounds.

the highest i had been was 135 and i decided to lose some weight.

my problem is i did lose weight, and i can't seem to stop. since ive been eating less for months now im just not hungry for fattening fast food, etc.

i now eat small healthy meals.

while this is good ive gotten too thin. like 101 pounds thin and my mom wants to send me to an eating disorder clinic.

i really don't want to go! but when ever i eat i know how many calories are in everything, etc and im aware of what i eat and i can't help but think about it.

i like being slimmer, but i dont seem to have enough fat on the upper portion of my body.. so i was wondering does anyone know what i can do to stop losing weight and gain fat, but not weight?

if it helps i have a very athletic build, etc.

thanks if you could help, and any other advice would be appreciated.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Instead of eating in a caloric deficit, eat maintenance. Find out how many calories you burn every day (just like you did to lose it) and then eat that amount. You'll obviously gain weight if you're gaining fat and muscle. What does that even matter? You'll gain weight from eating just from the weight of the food, and you'll lose weight when you have a bowel movement. It isn't indicative of your health. If you're really that worried about a number, you probably should visit the clinic to gain a better understanding of what it means to be healthy and fit.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

I would bump up your cals gradually....try almonds, luna or kashi bars are great etc
    I have an addictive personality and I know how easy it is to get into the habit of being consumed with how many cals you are (aren't ) eating etc
    I've also gotten accustomed to eating less and sometimes have 400-500 cals left before bed (after running around all day) and I ALWAYS eat all my cals...eat whole wheat bread, yogurt and some popcorn

((HUGS))
    Kim