Looking for support.

tuiccim
tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
Hi All! I am looking for some support friends. I am starting at 385lbs and am looking to lose 210lbs in total. My first goal is to get below 350. I have a few herniated discs in my back and an arthritic ankle and am a little scared to exercise. (I used to swim a lot, but I no longer have access to a pool.)

I have been really inspired by a lot of you!

Replies

• linda_X
    linda_X Posts: 15 Member
    you'll be able to do it! I was scared to exercise too. I started off small, walking for a half hour-45 minutes. then i got biggest loser workout videos. they are great! i rather exercise at home then out in public. swimming was my favorite, but no pool
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    I've got what seems like a trainload to lose myself! You can do it! :glasses:
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    You can do it !!! Small steps, and changes!!! It wont happen over night, you will have great days and bad days, but as long as you keep trying you will succeed!!! It may take years, but its a daily life change and commitment. Good first step!!!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Welcome! Small steps are the best, do what ever exercise you can, even if it's only walking around the block. Every bit helps, and good luck!
  • cuatromommy
    cuatromommy Posts: 120 Member
    I've also got quite a bit to lose. I'm taking small steps. Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • xJenBenx
    xJenBenx Posts: 12
    Welcome!

Its all about baby steps, you will build your body to be able to cope with a lot more excercise, if you start off with too much you will give up, and Ive done that before

I know when I knuckle down I can lose the weight
  • Johnni0923
    Johnni0923 Posts: 14 Member
    Glad to hear you have goals. I have lost over 120 pounds. Stayed about the same for about 4 years. Now need to lose more.

Try a recumbant bike. Easy on the joints. Warm water exericse is good too.

Take care,

keep posting.

If you want to add me as a friend, glad to chat a few times a week

Johnni
  • mbaker824
    mbaker824 Posts: 16
    I'm not going to lie to you and say it'll be easy - but it absolutely can be done. Back in 2002 I started at 385 lbs myself, and over the course of a year and a half lost 135 lbs. I've gained part of it back since then (it's a long story), but I'm back on track now - I've quit smoking and MFP is helping me control my eating and exercise. Anyway, the point is, you can do it - you just have to stick to a program that's effective for you in the long run. You should think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet or program, both of which imply a beginning and end. Whatever you do, it should be something you can live with for the rest of your life.