Diabetes Support Group~~~Part 1

Replies

• Morning all! Welcome Sonia and Gunswife! I am 48 and have been diabetic for 18 years. The best thing you can do is get knowledge and try to change something each month to work towards your goals. It is difficult sometimes, but you can do it.

Gunswife, if you have trouble doing your exercise, my mother-in-law gave me some good advise once, she said walk 10 minutes after each meal, it will help lower your bloodsugar. I know it is not the full work out they say we need, but it will help with the bloodsugar levels. If you are in pain, this might be a way of getting around that part.

Goodluck to both of you and I will help in anyway I can! READ!!!! :happy:
  • Thanks everyone for all the info. I am doing best and thats all I have right now. I am an avid reader and love to research everything going on with me.

Thanks again for al lthe well wishes ladies!

PS I'm Gunswife AND Sonia lol. "i am gunz" is my husband, hence Gunswife but IRL my name is Sonia :happy:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Sonia, Glad to hear from you. How was your day.?

Calie
  • Sonia, Glad to hear from you. How was your day.?

Calie

I'm doing good! How are you? I am answering now because last night when this was sent I was on my way to work :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone has a wonderful/low cal day!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Hi Sonia, You worked nights? Get plenty of rest today. Your rest is just about as inportant enough as you food intake and your exercise . Its takes a balance of all 3. Have a good day...........Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Just checking in to see how all my friends are. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Good Good morning. been busy all morning.. Keep me from eating.

Hope you all have a nice week. Its gonna be nice and cool here. Feels so nice.
    Take care
    Calie
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Good morning to everyone here this morning!!

I started the Couch to 5K program and this morning and feel like my legs are going to fall off. LOL.

Not in the mood to eat, but guess I will make myself eat something.

Talk to you all later. Have a GREAT low carb day in the fight against diabetes. :drinker: :drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    Good morning my friends, A beatiful day here I guess still dark outside, Bu feel nice and cool. Now I am ready for my coffee and breakfast. She didn't say anthing about blood work so I guess I can eat.

Have a wonderful day.

-Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Good morning all,

the end of another week. And I have ot occomplious nothing. no weight loss.no nothing. But I shall carry on. it will fall off sooner or later. I stayed the same this week.
    Everone have a nice week end.
    Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Good sunday Morniing. It is a dizzle day here this mornining. Hubby still in bed and it is 8:00 AM. Past time to get up.And I am readyf or my coffee. Kind of chili too. Making chicken and sumplings for hubby today. Don't know know wha I will fix me yet. Today is Football Day. Sweatshirt will feel good today.

Talk to you guys later.

Calie
  • jdhall
    jdhall Posts: 76
    Hey all! Doing okay, wish it would cool down here in Florida, still hitting the 90's during the day. I walked and worked up a good sweat today! Yeah! :happy:
  • CALIECAT
    wow JRHALL it is still warm there. I am really enjoying this cooler weather.for a change.
    Have a good time in the in the Sunny southeastern oart of USA> Calie
  • jdhall
    jdhall Posts: 76
    It is really to hot, ready for some cool weather myself. At least no humidity would make it much more pleasant to walk in! LOL!
  • CALIECAT
    Good morning jrhall. It is murkie here this morning. I wore a Sweatshirt the last 2 days. but think I will have to get out of this one today. I have been embroidary Christmas on some of my old Sweatshirt.
    Good hearing from you. How is your green beans doing?

Be seeing you...... Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Thought I would drop in and say Hi to jrhall and lioness. and to say good night. Sleep good.
    Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Good morning everybody,
    A rather chilli morning down here in Texas. feels great after a long hot cummer.

I am thinking about dropping this thread when we reach 500, It hasn't grown much. I love hearing from you guys on what you think or if someone else would like to take it over. give me your take on it. Maybe someone else can get it to grow.
    Calie
    Calie
  • teridene
    teridene Posts: 71 Member
    I think you should just start a new thread. Its so big now.
  • CALIECAT
    Hello Teridene. Glad to see you drop by. Would love for you to join us weather you have diabetic or not. hope you don't.

I am really working on mine now. Got me a pedometer and doing a a lot more walking. And watching my diet.

Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Look like it is gonna be an all day rein affair here. So much for my walk. I guess I could go in the rain but don't wanna..It is a little chili outside too. I got lots to do in the house to keep me busy.
    Going to go see what i can throw in a pot to make some soup.That will be good tonight. for supper wi th lots of veggies in it.

Have a good day all.~~~~~~~ Calie