Are any of you big in the middle but normal everywhere else?

Sometimes it irritates me. My legs aren't that fat, and my hips aren't that big. My arms aren't massive, but they need toning. But my stomach is where most of my weigh is!! are any of you like that too? What are some of your secrets you use to slim down?

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    I seriously have the hardest time finding jeans. I'm bigger in the mid section, but everywhere else, I don't match. I try on a pair of jeans and they fit perfectly in the mid section, but the thighs are HUGE. AND I'm Italian! Doesn't make sense.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    I have no secrets, but YES that's me! lol Even when I was a size 24 pants and a 4x top, the legs and arms of things would be terribly big. I was only buying those sizes to fit my gut!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Yes but I had twins in 2005... I have alot of extra from them... I hope there is a solution.

Also I have been told you lose the tummy last so now as I near my goal I hope this is true. I can't lose much more from anywhere else without looking outta proportion (my face is already too thin)

Good luck
  • inittothinit42
    inittothinit42 Posts: 64 Member
    Well, I could stand to get smaller all over, but my stomach is still disproportionately large. I hate it.
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    No secrets, sorry! I buy all my clothes to fit my waist. Hate it :(
  • habu68123
    habu68123 Posts: 78 Member
    Wow, I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one with this issue. I have the worst time trying to buy pants. I have to fit the waist but by about 10 am they are hanging on my hips, butt & thighs!! I've had good luck with cardio / weight training before so I'm hoping that will work again.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    very much me .. I am so out of proportion
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Yup, I have this and it's the most frustrating thing I have to deal with regarding my body :( . It really sucks but it's good to know someone else feels the same :)

I drink loads of water to try keep the water retention to a minimum, which is a big factor of it and try stay away from big meals that make me bloated. Water balance tablets are all-natural and I noticed a huge difference with water retention on my torso with them.
  • That's exactly me! At 130 lbs my waist is disproportionally wider than anywhere else on my body. In the past year most of my clothes have gotten too small and I can't stand wearing my jeans right now. Something needs to change! I'm going to try some Jillian Michaels workouts this summer - first 30 days shred then 6 weeks six pack - a total of 10 weeks. I am hoping to start seeing results soon :)
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Well, I could stand to get smaller all over, but my stomach is still disproportionately large. I hate it.

Ugh! same here. I think for our body types a low-carb diet works best. I've already decided, when I lose all of the weight (another 45-50lbs) I will get a tummy tuck. The end!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    OMG me. My hip to waist ratio sucks. I can't lose anymore weight (I'm 106lbs) but the belly won't budge. Its ok over my belly button but under, it sorta looks like a butt...I can't explain. I have skinny legs and have such a hard time with pants. I can't fit anything! I've been doing HIIT and I lost 5" but its still out of proportion to my frame.
  • dgraz007
    dgraz007 Posts: 3
    Hi, well now I don't feel alone. I call it my muffin top. I am toned all over, but can't get rid of the belly. I do core workouts, and am very strong, but nothing seems to help. I am a size 14 usually, but right now the 14s wont fit my belly. So I go to a 16, and the legs are baggy. I get so darn frustrated. Diana
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    That's exactly me! At 130 lbs my waist is disproportionally wider than anywhere else on my body. In the past year most of my clothes have gotten too small and I can't stand wearing my jeans right now. Something needs to change! I'm going to try some Jillian Michaels workouts this summer - first 30 days shred then 6 weeks six pack - a total of 10 weeks. I am hoping to start seeing results soon :)

Perfect plan! I had the most inch loss (2.5") with the 30 day shred. I just ordered the 6 week 6 pack and starting a lower-carb (not no carb) diet
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    yes I look preggo
  • EJand94
    EJand94 Posts: 55 Member
    It's good to know that I'm not the only one! I just bought a pair of jeans in a size 30. I used to be a size 32. But my stomach has a lot of curve to it, but the fat is built up. My sister has her weight in her hips and booty, I got non. Alllll in my stomach! should I just be doing loads of situps and ab workouts?
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Ugh people have started telling me that my arms and hands looks very thin, and I've noticed that my legs are starting to look normal, even in shorts. Too bad my stomach is still so large. I'm afraid I will look like a watermelon with sticks poking out of it!

ETA: I think diet is the key to losing belly...but I love bread so I'm afraid my process will be long and slow....
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I seriously have the hardest time finding jeans. I'm bigger in the mid section, but everywhere else, I don't match. I try on a pair of jeans and they fit perfectly in the mid section, but the thighs are HUGE. AND I'm Italian! Doesn't make sense.
    The hell does that have to do with it?
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    My whole family is like this. My grandmother described our shape best: A ball of lumpy *kitten* with sticks for legs and twigs for arms.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    My whole family is like this. My grandmother described our shape best: A ball of lumpy *kitten* with sticks for legs and twigs for arms.

THIS.
    That's what I look like!!!
  • EJand94
    EJand94 Posts: 55 Member
    That's exactly me! At 130 lbs my waist is disproportionally wider than anywhere else on my body. In the past year most of my clothes have gotten too small and I can't stand wearing my jeans right now. Something needs to change! I'm going to try some Jillian Michaels workouts this summer - first 30 days shred then 6 weeks six pack - a total of 10 weeks. I am hoping to start seeing results soon :)
    [/quote

Where can I get this workout!? I want it! I'm hoping to loose four inches of my stomach by august. I've already lost two in my hips, and I don't really need to... I need inches lost up top darnit!