2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    WOW it has been 24 hrs since anybody has posted!
    My 6/7 was JMBR workout 6 and JMBR CARDIO 2! Both were great!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Verda... You RE AMAZING!

I struggled through a couple days with that stupid migraine (ok...more like a week :explode: ) :grumble: then the hot flashes came... so I spent the last 2 days inthe pool.... just splashing and swimming around....

I took 2 walks this week and cleaned and swam... not my personal best this week.... But today is a new day... and I will do better!

I hope everyone is enjoying the extra long weekend... our house has been busy with the kid's friends over.... I have been cooking A LOT! BUT.... I am doing suprising well with the not eating!!!
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Hello everyone,

Ivy sorry for your lose. Positive thoughts, smiles, and cyber hugs sent your way.

Here is a quick update last week I was 5/7 just didnt have time to post. Flew out to MD to see my honey, fighting with customs about boxes I sent over for the wedding, and enjoying a wine festival with friends. WOW!! And I still found time to run, cycle, and walk.

Today I am 1/7 with a 3 mile run and 1.54 mile walk. But my three mile time is improving it was 36:37. And I wasn't tired, I think I could have pushed a little harder.

Ok, need to catch up on commenting because I have been MIA for a few days.

13 more days yeah!!!
  • vhuber
    Debra, wow headaches are soooo debilitating! I wish you could find something that works. I read where magnisium helps and to cut off caffeine. I am drinking organic decaf coffee now due to cystic breast tissue and it has helped that AND the hot flashes! I do notice the hot flashes when I drink reg coffee now! So there is some truth to it! Hugs my friend!

Ivy, hugs girl!

Heather, is Blake doing better with the sleeping so you can squeeze in a workout!

thinktank, just breathe!!!!! Great job at sqeezing in your fitness, it helps the stress!!!

Hello to EVERYBODY else and I hope you ALL are moving it this long weekend!!!

I eneded the week with a 6/7. I NEEDED a day off so I just moved it with helping my hub's who is remodeling the kitchen on our cabin!
    Yesterday (1/7) was Cardio 2 of the JMBR series plus running on the TM to burn 500 calories for another challenge!
    I will do JMBR workout 7 (lifting) and some form of cardio today! I also go clean for my bachelor man for 3 hours!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Hello everyone and happy Memorial Day! Sorry I have been MIA--Blake has been super needy and I've been logging on my phone but haven't had time to get on the laptop to check in on this thread. FINALLY he is taking a nap somewhere other than on my lap at the moment!!

I ended last week at 5/7 with 30 minutes on the elliptical on Friday. Saturday was a particularly needy day for Blake, and he didn't want to have anything to do with my hubby, he just wanted to be with me, so no exercise then.

I was 1/7 yesterday with a 2.6 mile outdoor run plus w/u and c/d walk with the hubby and the kids. I think that I tweaked my hip a bit when working on the deck last weekend, and it was bothering me a bit on my run. Gonna stretch it out, but will give outdoor running a break until next week when we head out of town and I won't have much choice other than to run or walk outdoors.

Verda, actually Blake is sleeping a bit better at night. We've actually gotten a 3 1/2 hour stretch for two nights in a row--woo hoo!!! Hopefully this will continue to improve!

Gotta run--TONS to do during this small break from baby. Hope to get a workout in later today!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Thank you all for the condolences. She is no longer suffering in her body.

Ended 4/7 last week with a meager 1 mile with leslie on friday. 1/7 this week with 2 miles with leslie. Hope to do more later to get up those endorphins.

Debra, so sorry about the headaches I understand. Hope you will be able to get to the root
    Heather, glad blake is sleeping better. You are doing great with your uns
    Verda- what kind of calorie burn do you get with JMBR?
    Thinktank you day is coming. I know you are so excited!

Happy Memorial Day!!
  • makeitallsue
    Happy Memorial Day friends!

I am 2/7 with swimming laps in our pool, we have broken records the last 2 days with the heat we have been having... in MAY??? Thank goodness for our swimming pool is all I can say..... this is when I think, air conditioning wouldn't be a bad idea... this heat is starting awful early this year.
    Super excited for you Thinktank!!!!! How special!
    Verda, thanks for the heads up..... ... I havent felt like finding a new doctor.... the last things she suggested were, trying the relora... for stress, primrose for hotflashes and also borage oil, zinc and keto 7 for a fat burner.... I have been taking them since Feb and I haven't really noticed a difference.....I thought I was feeling better, had 2 cycles that were pretty normal, but then this month... all the symptoms came back... but I have been unc=der some stress... so not sure if that is the case, our college age daughter is really testing us and home has been hard..... I have also let some of my regular exercise slip..... I can't so that... not fair to me! So easy to give things up for yourself.... when everyone else is pullingyou in a thousand directions..... UGH!
    Heather... fingers crossed for continued hours of overnight sleep... gosh, so hard on you... Please take care of that hip!! You have really been working hard!
    Ivy!! Hello and great job getting that fitness in, you have been through some emotional stuff and have still taken time for yourself, I admire that!
  • vhuber
    Gosh Debra, we have had a very cool week with this weekend's rain! Actually it has been great! I think of you EVERYDAY!

My 2/7 was lifting this morning with JMBR (Ivy I do not burn a ton with the lifting workouts but I burn around 300 doing her cardio) and then this evening I burned 418 cals doing a hour of elliptical and the TM!! My hubs did the lifting with me this morning and said wow this is hard!!!
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Hey all. Haven't updated in awhile. I hope everyones weekend was nice. Had a nice long weekend and got in some exercise. On Sunday I took a long walk hubby. Also cleaned alot. Many trips up and down the stairs to the attic putting away all the winter clothes and taking out more summer clothes for the kids. Yesterday was another walk, albeit a slow one with the kids and dog. Then of course in the pool. It was very hot yesterday and the pool felt very nice. I'm going to keep trying to push myself this week to get more done in the way of exercise this week. Good luck to everyone!
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Hi everyone,

I am 3/7 today with a run/walk this morning with my sister and my nephew.

Here is my update with Mexico and customs. They released 2 of 4 boxes to the resort. The other 2 boxes have to be returned to me at an outrages cost. The items in the box arent worth 50 bucks let alone 167 they want to return it. So I am scraping it and will go buy new coasters when I get back home. Since the coasters are going in the room bags no one will know who got what since they probably wont match. But I am glad the other boxes go through, because that had the major items in them.

Looks like everyone is getting some form of working out in. Keep up the good work.

Counting down 11 days to go.
  • wanna_be_fit
    How exciting, Aila! Sucks about customs and the 2 boxes, but so wonderful that the big day is just around the corner!

My 2/7 today was a 3 mile run on the treadmill. My hip was a little sore at first, but felt completely fine by the end. Gonna continue to kind of take it easy on the running for now--no more than 2 or 3 days per week. I just ordered the New Rules of Lifting for Women book online today so am excited to re-introduce weight training to my workout regime after we return from our trip the first 2 weeks in June.

Hope everyone else is doing well, you guys are continuing to kill it on the workouts!!!!
  • vhuber
    Heather, glad to read the hip did fine!! WTG!!!

My 3/7 was work for 7 hours on my feet, cleaned for my bachelor friend for 3 hrs straight, JMBR circuit training, 1 mile bike ride and a 1 mile walk with my furries!! I'm tired and off to bed!!! Talk tomorrow!!!
  • makeitallsue
    :flowerforyou: Verda..don't see how you have energy to post some nights?????:bigsmile:
    Heather I did a 3 mile run yesterday too, mine was outdoors...first time in a long time that have ran outdoors... it was a pretty good run, I felt good the whole time... but then when I got home last night after the game... I could feel it in my legs :drinker:
    Woo-hoo thinktank///10 days and counting!!! How fun and exciting :flowerforyou: :love:
    jl20... I spent most of the weekend on our pool too... Love it, we have had a pool for over 20 years... I thought I have always had it for the kids... but I realize it is mostly for me.... :bigsmile: , jumped in yesterday after my run... LOVE IT!!

Have a great day everyone.. I have a concessions stock to do today... and want to get it finished up early and then home to a workout and the awards program is tonight... hoping to make it back later....
  • wanna_be_fit
    3/7 with 40 minutes on my elliptical. Hope to get another short run in tomorrow, and then have to go to work on Friday for my residents' graduation and research presentations, and traveling on Saturday, then out of town for 12 days--AAHHHHH!!!! Definitely will try to get some workouts in while traveling. Where there's a will there's a way--right?!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone and keep up the fab work!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    2/7 this week walking
  • vhuber
    Debra, soooo glad you found some time to run and clear your mind (or outrun those thoughts)!!

Way to go Ivy!!

Heather, a vaca would be fabulous!!! Enjoy yourself!

My 4/7 was 6 miles on the elliptical!
  • makeitallsue
    :cry: , no time for workout for me yesterday.... I was exhausted though from 4 hours of loading and unloading pop, water and supplies.
    Awards went well last evening although my son was disappointed that he did not receive a "presidential award" for having a A- average for the last 3 years of middle school. His last semester math grade was a B+ and that kicked him off, he has been high honors leading up to this last semester...... we told him he did awesome... but he was not happy about it at all...can't blame him... but still so proud of him!
    I have crock pots of sloppy joes to make up and I will be staying back at the diamond most of the weekend... so if I don't post, that is why. I am taking my meals with me and I will be walking when I get a chance.... hoping to not fall of the wagon!

Verda, Heather... I had every intention of getting the elliptical in yesterday... just ran out of time... great job Ladies!!
    Ivy... great job to you too!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    :cry: , no time for workout for me yesterday.... I was exhausted though from 4 hours of loading and unloading pop, water and supplies.
    Awards went well last evening although my son was disappointed that he did not receive a "presidential award" for having a A- average for the last 3 years of middle school. His last semester math grade was a B+ and that kicked him off, he has been high honors leading up to this last semester...... we told him he did awesome... but he was not happy about it at all...can't blame him... but still so proud of him!
    I have crock pots of sloppy joes to make up and I will be staying back at the diamond most of the weekend... so if I don't post, that is why. I am taking my meals with me and I will be walking when I get a chance.... hoping to not fall of the wagon!

Verda, Heather... I had every intention of getting the elliptical in yesterday... just ran out of time... great job Ladies!!
    Ivy... great job to you too!!

I kinda think that unloading all that stuff for 4 hours counts as a workout!

No workout for me today. :grumble: I had errands to run this morning, then Blake had his 2 month appt which meant shots. :frown: My poor baby was a mess after that, and there was no hope of getting a workout in. Gotta go continue to pack for our trip, then off to bed and going to work tomorrow--well, not really work, just my residents' research day and graduation ceremonies. I am going to try my best to get up early and get a run on the treadmill in, but if this afternoon is any indication of how tonight is going to be it could be a loooooong night!!!
  • vhuber
    Debra I agree with Heather, I'd count all the concession work as a workout! I did that stuff for our softball team for years and I remeber it was not easy!!

Heather, ohhhh poor little guy! I HATED doing that to them and then mine got so sick afterwards! I don't envy you tonite! I hope you get that planned workout in !!! Enjoy your day at "work"!

My 5/7 was a 5 mile slow run and 300 reps!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Well, no luck getting a workout in this morning. :frown: Blake behaved relatively well overnight, but I was just too tired to get out of bed at 6:00 today, so I figured that my body must need the rest. I was able to finish packing this morning before heading off to work, and now I get a chance to sit and catch up while pumping! I wish I'd known about the hands-free device when I had Olivia!

I won't be home until after 8:00 tonight and will have to get some last minute things ready for our trip, so I will sadly not get a workout in today, and we'll be driving about 10 hours tomorrow with an early start (UGGHHH!) so no workout yet again. I figure the best I can do is try to keep my eating in check, and get in some activity where I can.

Hope you guys are all having a fabulous Friday! Keep up the awesome work!