OMG THE ZOMBIES ARE REAL!!!!!! (CREDIBLE NEWS SOURCE)

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    The pews at my church are bolted down....perhaps I should take a screwdriver to church with me next week and slowly start unscrewing them....then again, I would drive all the way there to get away from zombies, I'd go to the nearests safe location....hope the zombie apocolyps doesn't hit on a Sunday!

They are in most churches, but unscrewing pews is often much easier, faster, and quieter than having to demo walls/etc. Even leaving the pews where the are, they wouldn't obstruct line of site from the exit(s).
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    It is ones prerogative as to if they believe in some things and if they don't. I worked in a teen drug rehab when I was in college and we had a young man who was brought in because he was hyped up on a PCP cocktail and was caught trying to chew his friends arm off! He thought his friend was going to kill him first and said that a voice told him to eat his hands and arms before he could do it.

Also, I don't let me child see things that will disturb him. I like having a happy child. I have seen some of the nastiest, grossest things out there when it comes to death and I just have no use for the whole "Zombie" thing. To each his own, as my mother taught me.

I do believe in demons and hell! I don't think we are anywhere near the end of the world so, honestly, I have more important things to worry about in my life right now like when the next deployment will be for my husband and how I am going to make my son understand why his Daddy has to leave! The zombies will just have wait! LOL
    Seriously your comments are all over the place. There have been commercials for horror movies and shows since long before I was a kid. I remember the commercial for 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' was the scariest thing ever. As a parent its up to you to monitor what your kids watch. You turn the channel. Just like my parents did. My kid only watches 'sprout' and I can't imagine why he would be in the room when anything on AMC was on to see a Walking Dead commercial.
    On top of that if you have such great things to worry about then why not leave this discussion to those of us who enjoy discussing it? The status of your husbands deployment has nothing to do with anything mentioned in this thread. Although as a former Navy wife who suffered though many deployments I DO feel for you and wish you the best.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Zechariah 14:12
    And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.
    I guess the “walking corpses” is something like a zombie but I think it would be going way beyond the point of the text to see it as anything more than a poetic description of great devastation. Sort of like when people were walking around New York on 9/11 in a “daze.” The Zechariah text is just talking about such a great devastation that will leave people in total bewilderment, etc.

Why ruin a fun thread about zombies with religion????
  • Also, I don't let me child see things that will disturb him. I like having a happy child. I have seen some of the nastiest, grossest things out there when it comes to death and I just have no use for the whole "Zombie" thing. To each his own, as my mother taught me.

So when your kid hits the real world, he'll really be effed up because you lacked the ability to be a responsible parent and prepare him for things that he will inevitably come across and disturb him anyway. You can't protect children forever.

Edit: How are things like zombies any different from Santa and the Easter bunny? :ohwell:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.
    I guess the “walking corpses” is something like a zombie but I think it would be going way beyond the point of the text to see it as anything more than a poetic description of great devastation. Sort of like when people were walking around New York on 9/11 in a “daze.” The Zechariah text is just talking about such a great devastation that will leave people in total bewilderment, etc.

Why ruin a fun thread about zombies with religion????
    100% agree. There is a time and a place for everything.
    However I do know people that take scripture literally. All of it.
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    This is why you don't do bath salts XD
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    I saw that a few days ago!! Totally crazy!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Lol i'm in New Zealand as was just reading this http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/6999899/Naked-man-was-chewing-victims-face am I weird that I have been looking forward to the Zombie Apocolypse?? lol

Yes!
  • dgn5cs
    dgn5cs Posts: 5
    gotta remember ALL those rules! :laugh:
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member

...gotta wonder what that unfortunate homeless man did to Jerusalem...
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    well I'm ready!!!!!

article-2151612-135A0D77000005DC-657_468x378.jpg

martyxx
  • leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    i read this in the paper yesterday!! crazy !!!!!!!
    time to put on thoses running shoes :ohwell:
  • leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    well I'm ready!!!!!

article-2151612-135A0D77000005DC-657_468x378.jpg

martyxx

oh i need me one of those!!
  • inittothinit42
    inittothinit42 Posts: 64 Member
    So when your kid hits the real world, he'll really be effed up because you lacked the ability to be a responsible parent and prepare him for things that he will inevitably come across and disturb him anyway. You can't protect children forever.

Edit: How are things like zombies any different from Santa and the Easter bunny? :ohwell:

[/quote]

lol. If you don't know the difference between Santa and zombies, your Christmas celebration must be a lot different from mine!
  • Warren_Carrol
    Warren_Carrol Posts: 21 Member
    love it when a "christian" jumps in feet first with name calling on a thread that had none.

"hyped up on a pcp cocktail"
    love it......lol
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    I heard about that this morning...yuk :sick:
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    This *kitten* is really starting to scare me.
  • lol. If you don't know the difference between Santa and zombies, your Christmas celebration must be a lot different from mine!

There's certainly a difference. The point is the concept of the introduction of "unreal" things... Good, bad, or indifferent. And I prefer Yule, thanks :p
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    There is a reason I have been stocking my small apartment with bottled water and canned goods...
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Uhhh...the below is an excerpt from an online report...isn't the feverish thing a sign of turning??? *kitten* just got real!

"Armando Aguilar of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police told WSVN: 'What's happening is whenever we see that a person has taken all of his clothes off and has become violent, it’s indicative of this excited delirium that's caused by overdose of drugs.
    'What's happening is inside their body their organs are burning up alive.'"