Apple Cider Vinegar

tuiccim
tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
Does anyone use/take this? Do you feel it really helps? What results have you gotten?

Replies

• rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    I bought it after reading up on it and honestly, after I opened it, I couldn't make myself drink it. It smelled so terrible. I did use it as a toner, which worked nicely. But as for drinking it, I couldn't stomach it.
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    I tried it before and it definetly works. It is just very hard to get used to drinking. There are pills but I found the real thing works better. I wasn't able to do it for long but it does help curb your appetite.
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    I take it (Bragg's ACV) everyday, I mix it with a splash of cranberry juice and a lot of water. At first it was really bad but I've become used to it and don't mind it anymore.

I'm not really sure if it helps or not, I'd like to think it does. I didn't check my cholesterol or blood pressure before taking it so I don't know if those have improved.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    I use it as a final rinse when I wash my hair...
  • sibitalic
    sibitalic Posts: 30 Member
    Instead of creamy salad dressing you can use a bit of olive oil and apple cider vinegar for your salad....
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    I bought some and it was so AWFUL! I don't take it. :)
  • sfarrant
    sfarrant Posts: 7
    I take about a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar and ten drops of liquid stevia in a full glass of water after I run in the morning. Don't know if it's done any good, but it is a nice thirst quencher!
  • liiishane
    liiishane Posts: 1
    I loveeee this stuff. It's really good with sliced cucumbers!
  • I take 2 tablespoons everyday. you get used to it. It helped. My metabolism is faster
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    I use this a lot when I cook. I like a splash in my spaghetti sauce, chili, it's great soaking cucumber and onions in it with 70/30 vinegar/water ratio
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    hen ever anyone has an ache, pain, upset stomach, sore throat ect they get a shot of ACV. : ) I take it daily. There are very few complaints of not feeling well at my house : )
  • Pardon my ignorance, but what does ACV do for you?
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    I take a 1-2 tbs daily, I mix it with water or V-8 and down it like a shot and chase it with water. I feel like my tummy is happier when I take it. I'll also take some after a really heavy meal or use it on my salad. I do think that it helps, and there were some Japanese studies showing it to be effective in assisting fat loss, I'm sorry I can't quote them.
  • cwatson1214
    cwatson1214 Posts: 88 Member
    I bought it after reading up on it and honestly, after I opened it, I couldn't make myself drink it. It smelled so terrible. I did use it as a toner, which worked nicely. But as for drinking it, I couldn't stomach it.

as a facial toner???
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    I didnt buy the fancy one, I bought the heinz one, I drank a teaspoon before bed one night and... nearly yakked, it was awful.

It's an okay toner mixed with water (supposed to help with acne, not really...) and I have had it as a salad dressing but all in all I find it disgusting, from the smell to the taste to the way it looks at me, ACV is not my friend.

Maybe I should buy the fancy one...
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    If you use it, you have to make sure to mix it properly with water. It's supposed to be VERY good for you. My mom swears by it. Just get the stuff with the "mother" in it. Organic if at all possible. It's supposed to be good for metabolism and heart health (blood flow).

I was using it for a while as a home remedy for acid reflux (have to mix with water and baking soda - not powder). It helped, but didn't provide lasting relief for me. I even wrote in to Dr. Oz about it for his home remedy segment and it was aired like 2 weeks later as a true home remedy. Biggest thing though is to have pH strips to test the pH balance if you want to use it to try and get your stomach acid right.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    I read somewhere that it helped with constipation, and on an evening when I was desperate for some relief, I tried to drink it mixed with water. I could not tolerate the taste, it was so nasty, and it didn't help anything either. I'll stick to using it in my crock pot recipes instead....
  • I use it as a final rinse when I wash my hair...

Me too! And I can barely stand the smell in the shower, so I'm not sure drinking it would work so well for me.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Do you use any brand? I have some Heinz in my cabinet but everyone I know buys some expensive kind from the health food store. Is there a difference? I though about trying the 2 tablespoon a day thing with the Heinz, but have not yet.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    I didnt buy the fancy one, I bought the heinz one, I drank a teaspoon before bed one night and... nearly yakked, it was awful.

It's an okay toner mixed with water (supposed to help with acne, not really...) and I have had it as a salad dressing but all in all I find it disgusting, from the smell to the taste to the way it looks at me, ACV is not my friend.

Maybe I should buy the fancy one...

lol... the fancy one is no better. You really have to be a fan of vinegar and maybe malt vinegar in particular to "enjoy" ACV.