Diary of a Compulsive Overeater - Day 10

so i am feeling way better, and am glad i took a couple days off to start feeling better. yesterday was a great day for me for a couple of reasons: i dragged myself out of bed and went to work, i signed up for a half marathon (20K) and i didn't eat too badly. here is how it all broke down.

breakfast:
1 cup oatmeal

snack:
1 yogurt
2 mini carrots
few alonds (it hurt when i swallowed, so the crunchy stuff was not working)

lunch:
2 cups fo spinach and rotini salad
1 chicken wrap with avacado
1 medium brownie

snack:
1/2 small bag of chips

supper:
1 roasted potato with olive oil
5oz. roasted sausages
broccoli

that's it. no DQ, no milkshakes, no mcdonalds, no pizza, almost no chocolate (damn brownie) and no pop. not too shabby! here is what's on the menu for today:

breakfast:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 multigrain gluten free cookie (about the equivalent of 3 regular cookies)

snack:
rest of cookie

lunch:
not sure yet as we always go out on fridays, but it will likely be a burger and salad or pasta and salad.

snack:
nothing, too full from lunch, maybe some herbal tea for sore throat.

supper:
steak (usually like 12-16 oz. i know, gross, so today i am going to buy an 8 oz . we'll see how that goes.)
rice
mushroom soup gravy

i am feeling good today. i dressed cute today, pulled my hair back, wore earrings, and am actuall trying to take pride in my appearance. i even put on pink lipgloss.:noway:

today i am also starting a progress journal for my 20k training (in fitness and exercise section). i only have 7 weeks, so i'm really excited! here is to today!~

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    so i am feeling way better, and am glad i took a couple days off to start feeling better. yesterday was a great day for me for a couple of reasons: i dragged myself out of bed and went to work, i signed up for a half marathon (20K) and i didn't eat too badly. here is how it all broke down.

breakfast:
    1 cup oatmeal

snack:
    1 yogurt
    2 mini carrots
    few alonds (it hurt when i swallowed, so the crunchy stuff was not working)

lunch:
    2 cups fo spinach and rotini salad
    1 chicken wrap with avacado
    1 medium brownie

snack:
    1/2 small bag of chips

supper:
    1 roasted potato with olive oil
    5oz. roasted sausages
    broccoli

that's it. no DQ, no milkshakes, no mcdonalds, no pizza, almost no chocolate (damn brownie) and no pop. not too shabby! here is what's on the menu for today:

breakfast:
    1 cup oatmeal
    1/2 multigrain gluten free cookie (about the equivalent of 3 regular cookies)

snack:
    rest of cookie

lunch:
    not sure yet as we always go out on fridays, but it will likely be a burger and salad or pasta and salad.

snack:
    nothing, too full from lunch, maybe some herbal tea for sore throat.

supper:
    steak (usually like 12-16 oz. i know, gross, so today i am going to buy an 8 oz . we'll see how that goes.)
    rice
    mushroom soup gravy

i am feeling good today. i dressed cute today, pulled my hair back, wore earrings, and am actuall trying to take pride in my appearance. i even put on pink lipgloss.:noway:

today i am also starting a progress journal for my 20k training (in fitness and exercise section). i only have 7 weeks, so i'm really excited! here is to today!~
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Progress of any kind is a possitive step. Good job.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    :drinker: :drinker: You are starting to "Rock and Roll" :drinker: :drinker: Good going, glad your feeling a bit better.
  • I am so happy for your progress... you are such an inspiration... glad to hear that you are doing better...
    Jenn
  • Rachel89
    Rachel89 Posts: 68
    That is GREAT.... CONGRATS... we are all really proud of you!!!!
  • Doina_Smecicas
    Doina_Smecicas Posts: 35 Member
    Good For you......
    One thing that I always feel good is actually dressing up for work. This includes heels and make-up.....
    I feel when I wear these things I never actually go out and buy burger and fries....It just does suit my appearance.....Does that make sense? Or am I just a touch vain here?
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    WOW, good luck on the marathon, thats more guts then i would ever have !!
    can't believe it !!!

glad you feel better,
    may
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    One thing you may want to try - it works great for me....!! I was (am) a huge steak eater too. Sorry to say, but I love it! When I started this website and logged in beef, the calories just floored me. So I started buying these wafer thin cut steaks at the market. They usually come two to a package and together weight approx 3/4 of a pound. I would broil both of them and cut each into three pieces for a total of 6. I make a huge salad with tons of veggies and different kinds of lettuces and add two of the steak chunks cut up into bite sized pieces and toss them into the salad. Instead of eating 12 to 16 oz of beef, you only eat 3 to 4 oz, but for some reason having it all mixed into the big salad still satifies my steak craving completely. Then I still have enough left over for two more meals.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070

Way to go!!! Proud of you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    See! You're doing it and doing it well. I bet you feel great right now :heart:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    You're doing great!! I look forward to reading about your journey every day! :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I am so glad to hear your feeling better. You are definitley on your way. Way to go and I hope you are really proud of yourself. No takeout, when you are so used to it......HUGE accomplishment.....I remember how hard that was.