Soooooooooooooo.................

2»

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I just picked up Cloverfield from the RedBox thing at the grocery store. I hear it might make me a bit queasy with the camera work??
    We were going to rent it from the Red Box too but it wasn't there:ohwell:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I just picked up Cloverfield from the RedBox thing at the grocery store. I hear it might make me a bit queasy with the camera work??

:love: I :heart: this movie!!! :love:

It's amazing, just try to stick with it. It starts slow, then gets CRAZY!!!

As far as nausia....yeah, it can. I didn't have any problems, but I know of a few people that had a hard time with it. I would think that if you did ok with Blair Witch you should be ok with this. Small screen should help also. I hope you enjoy it!!! :bigsmile:

Cool, I'm looking forward to it! I live an hour out of NYC, so that should be interesting!! hehe
  • TamTastic

I got it! Muahhahhahhaaaaa!! (that is supposed to be an evil laugh).....Tiramisu strikes again!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member

I got it! Muahhahhahhaaaaa!! (that is supposed to be an evil laugh).....Tiramisu strikes again!
    :laugh: :devil: :tongue:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Rented No Country for Old Men, gonna see if that's really any good.

I watched it with my boyfriend recently but it's not a good choice for a date :laugh:
    He liked it in a way - me... not so much - way to much blood for a woman :wink:
    Don't worry, I'm not going to say anything more about the movie :wink: Enjoy :smile:

I just finished my 45mins stationary bike plus 5mins abs and I'm going to bed (it's 11pm here in Europe :smile: ). Tomorrow I'm going to force myself to be enthusiastic about writing my masters thesis. Ehhh, can't wait till it's finished...

See you on Sunday :flowerforyou:

It didn't impress me all that much. I'm not sure why it got all those awards. It wasn't all that imaginative or inventive. I never did realize why the dumb cowboy kept the money in the satchel that he took, I mean, even if you don't think there is a transponder in it, don't you think the people comming after you would know what it looks like? Duh! I imagine they coen Brothers thought they were being very slick because of all the twisty dialogue, well, I'm sorry, but I know people from Texas, and not everyone there quips quixotically every time they speak. And I imagine if there were 7 or 8 murders and a dude was leaving fingerprints around like he was, the FBI and law enforcement would have been a little more dilligent about finding the dude.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member

As far as nausia....yeah, it can. I didn't have any problems, but I know of a few people that had a hard time with it. I would think that if you did ok with Blair Witch you should be ok with this. Small screen should help also. I hope you enjoy it!!! :bigsmile:

See now, it didn't do all that much for me. It was a little bit of a dissapointment as far as I'm concerned. I'm just biding my time waiting for Peter Jackson to make The Hobbit! I'm a big LOTR fan from way back, well before the movies came out (I read the hobbit when I was like 11 or so.) and was extremely happy with both Fellowship and Two Towers, Return left me a little lacking but it was decent.

Jackson took a little literary license with the battle of Minus Tirith but I guess it was moot as the result was the same.
    rumor has it they are doing another movie after the Hobbit, I hope it's based on the battle of Angband or the fall of Numenor or something with Feanor in it. That would be cool.
    Sorry, geek moment over.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559

See now, it didn't do all that much for me. It was a little bit of a dissapointment as far as I'm concerned. I'm just biding my time waiting for Peter Jackson to make The Hobbit! I'm a big LOTR fan from way back, well before the movies came out (I read the hobbit when I was like 11 or so.) and was extremely happy with both Fellowship and Two Towers, Return left me a little lacking but it was decent.

Jackson took a little literary license with the battle of Minus Tirith but I guess it was moot as the result was the same.
    rumor has it they are doing another movie after the Hobbit, I hope it's based on the battle of Angband or the fall of Numenor or something with Feanor in it. That would be cool.
    Sorry, geek moment over.

Dude, we could talk ALL DAY about LOTR. I was really sad to hear that Peter Jackson isn't going to be directing the Hobbit (they are dividing it into two films from what I understand), but I got my happy dance back on when I read that Guillermo Del Toro has agreed to helm it. Del Toro is an amazing visionary, and while it's assured to be different from Jackson's I have no less faith in his ability to turn out AWESOME stuff (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, Mimic). Plus he's an overweight, shaggy haired foreigner, so he's not so different from Jackson as they both kinda resemble Hobbits on a larger scale.

As for a second movie, I have a feeling it's going to be the Battle of Five Armies or something of the like. I would love to see something about the birth of the Witch King and the Rise of Angmar but I seriously doubt that. No matter though, cause I am just excited to have more Tolkien on the big screen.

Long Live the Geeks!!!
  • TamTastic
    LOL! I love watching people discuss LOTR. There is just not anything else like it! I liked the movies...partly because Viggo is just....mmmmmmmmmmm!! HEHE BUT, they are good. Return made me laugh with the MANY endings (fade to black). I was like "Is this movie actually going to end???"....

Anyway, those of you so passionate about it.....that's cool. I could never understand the theories and work behind it and how it's better or worse than the book, etc.

Now, Big Brother and LOST......I have all kinds of theories on!!
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Rented No Country for Old Men, gonna see if that's really any good.

I watched it with my boyfriend recently but it's not a good choice for a date :laugh:
    He liked it in a way - me... not so much - way to much blood for a woman :wink:
    Don't worry, I'm not going to say anything more about the movie :wink: Enjoy :smile:

I just finished my 45mins stationary bike plus 5mins abs and I'm going to bed (it's 11pm here in Europe :smile: ). Tomorrow I'm going to force myself to be enthusiastic about writing my masters thesis. Ehhh, can't wait till it's finished...

See you on Sunday :flowerforyou:

It didn't impress me all that much. I'm not sure why it got all those awards. It wasn't all that imaginative or inventive. I never did realize why the dumb cowboy kept the money in the satchel that he took, I mean, even if you don't think there is a transponder in it, don't you think the people comming after you would know what it looks like? Duh! I imagine they coen Brothers thought they were being very slick because of all the twisty dialogue, well, I'm sorry, but I know people from Texas, and not everyone there quips quixotically every time they speak. And I imagine if there were 7 or 8 murders and a dude was leaving fingerprints around like he was, the FBI and law enforcement would have been a little more dilligent about finding the dude.

Exactly. Who gave them all these awards? Hehe. For me there's no logic in this move. Every world should have kind of logic - even fantasy stories have some rules.
    Nobody knows why this guy was killing almost everybody around, why nobody caught him (guess it was long ago - judging by his hairstyle :laugh: - and FBI was not smart enough those days), why they kept using this suitcase.
    Lesson learned: don't expect much from a movie with many awards lol