Bacon. Real or Turkey?

15678911»

Replies

• ohjoy908
    ohjoy908 Posts: 53 Member
    Whatever's on sale lol the boyfriend disagrees but he'd probably eat anything resembling bacon
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Turkey Bacon Ingredients: Mechanically Separated Turkey, White Turkey, Dark Turkey, Water, Salt, Contains 2% Or Less Of Potassium Lactate, Natural Smoke Flavoring, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrate.

Pork Bacon Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Turbinado Sugar, Seasoning (Cultured Celery Juice Powder, Sea Salt).

I think i'll take the pork bacon, thanks.

Uncured Turkey bacon: made by Applegate Farms

Turkey, Water, Salt Sea, Celery Powder, Maple Sugar, Onion(s) Powder, Spice(s)

Stop with the scare tactics people...Worse than Fox News

:laugh: Ya'll are killing me tonight. This is too funny
  • Look at my shirt. Even my son agrees real bacon is better! Heck, my wife brought turkey 'bacon' into the house and I damn near divorced her *kitten*. I rather her sleep around then bring me FALSE BACON!

Yes, we had real bacon on our pizza here too!

268659_2126307727593_3731227_n.jpg
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    REAL!!!!! Life is too short for turkey bacon!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    mmmm Bacon. Damn this discussion about bacon just gave me a ________!
  • I will eat both. Real in moderation is cool!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Real! 'Nuff said! (need a bacon smiley)
  • cmphelan77
    cmphelan77 Posts: 23
    I love both equally. I cook with regular bacon, great to sautee veggies in rendered bacon fat. But Trader Joes Turkey bacon is by far the best the other brands get so cardboardy.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    100% real. Not even the low-sodium crap. I like my white meat authentic. :wink: :tongue:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    By the time they get done adding sodium nitrites and all the other poison to turkey bacon, the point is moot. Eat the real thing.
  • lilv711
    lilv711 Posts: 24 Member
    Turkey Bacon... beacuse if I'm going to indulge & eat pork, I'm going for the whole shebang: taylor ham (aka pork roll).
  • BeautEvilKells
    BeautEvilKells Posts: 27 Member
    Turkey. CRISPY for starters. Yum for seconds. I used to hate eating bacon because of all the fat. How can you eat the fat (which has no taste) and be happy? Dunno. Not me. Turkey bacon IS real bacon to me.
  • bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    What part of the turkey is the bacon from? Real bacon microwaved is better then any kind of processed fake bacon. And by better I mean tastier AND healthier. Note, there is no bacon in a turkey...
  • We have eaten turkey bacon in this house for years, simply because it's healthier for my kids and we all like it, it tastes pretty darn good. I buy the Oscar Meyer brand from costco, comes in a 4 pack and its much cheaper than the real bacon, which is another reason I buy it.

That being said, we do also eat actual pork bacon from time to time too, but that's more like a "treat." What's funny is my kids don't like it as much because of the fat, they say, ewwww its all fat, am I supposed to eat that? LOL
    What exactly is healthier about turkey bacon when compared to pork bacon?