new week

I have been going strong for 4 months, down 39 pounds:smile: , then wham brick wall.:noway: This week was one of THOSE weeks:explode: . I cheated a little here, a little there then the weekend came and it was an all out cheat war.:angry::mad: But today starts a new week and i am back on track. :smile: Life has been very tempting. I have taken a cake decorating class. I want to make my parents 25th anniversay party cake. The big wedding style cake. The bad part is for 4 weeks there has constantly been cake in the house:grumble: . I did ok until this weekend. I tried to resist temptation and stay on track. I continued to lose VERY slowly then today I gained an ounce. Making me realize that I cant have cake everyday and still lose:sad: I need to get back to the basics and start from scratch. TODAY is that day. I will only splurge one day a week. When i did that I was still losing 1-2 a week.:smile: So heres to ALL of us who need to get back to the basics:drinker: :drinker: Im off to the gyn now tata:flowerforyou:

Replies

• bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    I have been going strong for 4 months, down 39 pounds:smile: , then wham brick wall.:noway: This week was one of THOSE weeks:explode: . I cheated a little here, a little there then the weekend came and it was an all out cheat war.:angry::mad: But today starts a new week and i am back on track. :smile: Life has been very tempting. I have taken a cake decorating class. I want to make my parents 25th anniversay party cake. The big wedding style cake. The bad part is for 4 weeks there has constantly been cake in the house:grumble: . I did ok until this weekend. I tried to resist temptation and stay on track. I continued to lose VERY slowly then today I gained an ounce. Making me realize that I cant have cake everyday and still lose:sad: I need to get back to the basics and start from scratch. TODAY is that day. I will only splurge one day a week. When i did that I was still losing 1-2 a week.:smile: So heres to ALL of us who need to get back to the basics:drinker: :drinker: Im off to the gyn now tata:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Good luck on your new week. When I took a cake decorating class, I had my husband take the cakes to work. You could also make cakes you really don't like - if there is such a thing. Or put too much salt in it.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    I agree, it's a new week! Time to kick butt!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Great attitude Bricker! Get back on that horse and ride! To be honest, I CANNOT allow myself to have any sort of confection in my house. If it had been me with cake in the house for four weeks, I would have put on 10 pounds, probably more. Go willpower!!! (or in my case, lack thereof :laugh: )

-Jeremy