Summer Challenge

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,852 Member
    Tomorrow I will put together a spreadsheet of everyone involved so we can easily track our progress as individuals and as a group.

With that being said, here are your challenges for this week!

- I challenge you to drink TWO more 8-oz cups of WATER a day than you normally do
    - I challenge you to find a NEW exercise that you do at least once this week
    - I challenge you to stay under your calories at least 5 of the 7 days this week

BUMP
  • agregg145
    agregg145 Posts: 2
    I am just starting can I join in
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    I 'm in, for 15 pounds, also.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    I'm in. Will you be setting up a group? I'm finding that the group thing is really cool and easy to keep track with all the forums I ramble on.

CW: 173.2 as of 6/4/12
    GW: 150

I will keep an eye on the forum tonight for this week's challenge since I'm just starting today! Thanks for doing this and if it's not to late please add me to your spreadsheet!
  • daburnsie
    daburnsie Posts: 10
    Count me in as well. I'm joining a bit late. My goal is about the same. Somewhere between 10 and 17 pounds. I will check in tomorrow.:happy:
  • CelenaLeV
    CelenaLeV Posts: 25 Member
    Count me in too!!!
  • CelenaLeV
    CelenaLeV Posts: 25 Member
    My Goal is about 10 pounds a week...with 5 days a week for exercise...
  • branohockey
    branohockey Posts: 60 Member
    My Goal is about 10 pounds a week...with 5 days a week for exercise...

10lbs a week? That's a calorie deficit of 35,000 calories... Is this really what you are aiming for or is that a typo?

MarieB
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    I just joined MFP on Wednesday and just found this. I was hoping that I could join, even though it is a little late. I weighed myself today and lost 3 pounds since I have started. I will weigh myself in again tomorrow as well. My goal is to lose 25lbs by August. I started at 200 even.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 215 Member
    I'm in!
  • lo13264
    lo13264 Posts: 13
    hoping reading others messages will help me understand how these things are done. I weighed myself late today so will weigh in tomorrow at a more appropriate time. Hopefully I will be able to get the hang of this soon:smile:

Am getting about 7 to 8 glasses of water easily each day.:drinker:
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Got in a walk today, just under 3km. I use an app called endomondo on my blackberry to gps the walks or jogs. Love the app and there site. They keep track of all your workouts so I can see how many km I have done since I started or by a monthly basis.

Burned a total of 270 cals today - did the walk plus I did Monday's workout on that Daily Workout Plan I found by Back On Pointe. Did 100 jumping jacks, 50 crunches, 20 tricep dips, 15 squats, 10 lunges ea leg, 70 russian twists, 5 pushups, 20 standing calf raises, 30 second plank, and 10 lunge split jacks. Weigh in tomorrow, I actually usually log my weights on Fridays, but will log in tomorrow as well, will take the better weigh in for this group - lol.

Hope everyone is doing well. Can't wait to see the challenges for the week. I completed all 3 challenges for this week.
  • I have gained weight. I am retaining fluid and not sure way. I have increased my water and have been walking regularly. My new exercise has been to strengthen my core.
  • shellyscb
    shellyscb Posts: 34 Member
    I'm in!!
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    - I challenge you to drink TWO more 8-oz cups of WATER a day than you normally do
    • 5/29 drank 11 cups of water, 3 more than usual
    • 5/31 drank 15 cups of water, 7 more than usual
    • 6/3 drank 13 cups of water, 5 more than usual

- I challenge you to find a NEW exercise that you do at least once this week
    • 5/31 Triceps Push Down 3 sets of 10 reps at 50 lbs
    • 5/31 Incline Bench Press 3 sets of 10 reps at 25 lbs
    • 5/31 Leg Press 5 sets of 10 reps at 70 lbs
    • 5/31 Abdominal Crunches 3 sets of 10 reps 30 lbs

- I challenge you to stay under your calories at least 5 of the 7 days this week
    • 5/29 under calories by 370
    • 5/30 under calories by 448
    • 5/31 under calories by 156
    • 6/1 under calories by 99
    • 6/2 under calories by 136
    • 6/3 under calories by 4
    • 6/4 under calories by 478

Weigh in:
    SW= 170
    CW = 168.6
    Lost 1.5 pounds for the first week!!!
    GW = 164
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    mixed up my goal weight, my goal weight is for this is 155
  • magtize
    magtize Posts: 42 Member
    CW 169.4
    GW 155

STAY UNDER 1200 CALORIES
    DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    WALK 10,000 STEPS
    DO THESE EVERYDAY
    DAY 2 WAS UNDER CALORIES,
    HAD 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    DID WALK AT HOME WITH LESLIE SANSONE 2 MILES
    ONLY WALKED 7,773 STEPS TODAY 5/30

Day 3 UNDER CALORIES
    DRANK 10 GLASSES OF WATER
    3 MILE DVD LESLIE SANSONE
    8,433 STEPS TODAY 5/31
    Day 4 UNDER CALORIES.
    4228 STEPS TODAY 6/1
    THAT IS ABOUT ALL .HAVING HEALTH CHALLENGES TODAY /COULDN'T DO MUCH OF ANYTHING.TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY
    day 5 NOT A GOOD DAY HEALTH GIVING ME MANY CHALLENGES.
    OVER CAL 1ST TIME
    5558 STEPS
    NO EXERCISE AGAIN 6/2
    TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY
    DAY 6 CALORIES 5/6 UNDER
    8165 STEPS
    9 GLASSES OF WATER
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    misticache - No. It's not going to be a group because it is impossible for me to be as good about keeping the spreadsheet up to date when the posts aren't linear all in one place.

I hope no one has big qualms with this, but I've decided I'm going to continue the challenge on the thread.

Good job getting through this week everyone! I'm excited to see the weigh-ins tomorrow, though I'm not sure if I'm excited about my own. haha

Here are you challenges for next week:

- Increase your FRUIT/VEGETABLE intake this week
    - Get 30 minutes of CARDIO at least 4 days this week
    - Share a RECIPE with the group
  • ellemac7
    ellemac7 Posts: 2
    First week weigh in.

Sw: 140
    Dw: 140

Stayed the same which I am quite happy with as I had 3 events this week! I added a new exercise, drank more water but didn't stay under calories 5 days.

Looking forward to next weeks challenge, really need to eat more fruit and veg.
  • go2anderson
    go2anderson Posts: 21 Member
    I'm feeling pretty good about the weigh in tomorrow... I hope I'm not disappointed but I did pretty good this week, especially today. We'll see soon! :wink: