question about daily calorie goal

pmd14
pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
My daily calorie goal is calculated using my weight and activity level right? So if I lose weight my daily calorie goal is lower? That's not fair I lose weight and have to eat less!

Replies

• pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    My daily calorie goal is calculated using my weight and activity level right? So if I lose weight my daily calorie goal is lower? That's not fair I lose weight and have to eat less!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    i think it updates automatically whenever you lose 10 pounds. Unfortunately though yes your calories will decrease!
  • jpketz
    jpketz Posts: 73
    Think of it another way...as you lose weight your body "needs" fewer calories just to sustain itself.

Try exercise...it gives you a reason to eat (or excuse, if you choose to look at that way). :smile:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    My daily calorie goal is calculated using my weight and activity level right?
    Yes

So if I lose weight my daily calorie goal is lower?
    Eventually yes and the reason for that is the more you lose, the harder it is to lose.
    It DOES NOT recalculate with your new lower weight automatically though! It will ask you every 10 lbs, if you would like to recalculate your goals. If you want to do it more frequently than that, you can by going to your goals section. But it does not automatically adjust like every time you log in a new weight or anything.

That's not fair I lose weight and have to eat less!
    Sorry, it's just the way the cookie crumbles (Of course, a cookie from a 100 Cal Pack) :laugh: