Eating all your calories, reassurance please.

Hello,
I have read lots of the information on this site on why it is important to eat all of your calories and your exercise calories too. I get the idea behind it, but I have had a few days where I am really good most of the day, and I work out and eat a healthy dinner and I still have about 500 calories left. I am usually not hungry and that point, and am forcing myself to eat those 500 calories.

Can someone let me know that I will still lose weight by doing this? SUCESS STORIES please! It just feels strange to eat when I am not hungry, and I am supposed to lose weight by eating those extra calories.

Replies

• Hello,
    I have read lots of the information on this site on why it is important to eat all of your calories and your exercise calories too. I get the idea behind it, but I have had a few days where I am really good most of the day, and I work out and eat a healthy dinner and I still have about 500 calories left. I am usually not hungry and that point, and am forcing myself to eat those 500 calories.

Can someone let me know that I will still lose weight by doing this? SUCESS STORIES please! It just feels strange to eat when I am not hungry, and I am supposed to lose weight by eating those extra calories.
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Yes, you should eat them.
    However, make sure you burnt those calories. If you not weigh very much (I assume that because you only have ~20lbs to lose) machines and calorie calculators may tell you burn more calories than you actually do. Heart rate monitor would give you a more accurate number.

Few examples: elliptical at the gym gives me number higher by 30-40%, my stationary bike tells me I burnt twice as many calories as my HRM! (I'd like to lose ~10lbs right now).
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    I always eat my calories and I lost the 20 lbs I wanted to. It took about 4 1/3 months. EAT YOUR CALORIES! I even had a few cheat meals in there too. I noticed I seemed to lose an extra pound after a cheat, however, my cheats weren't crazy, just a few hundred calories over for the day.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    read the posts in here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

it should quell some fears for you.
    :glasses: