Summer Challenge

Replies

• mcfluffie
    mcfluffie Posts: 22
    Under calories - 2/5 Check.
    Two extra cups of water - Check. I actually had four extra cups today.
    New activity - My planned new activity for the week is jumping rope. I haven't done that yet, but I did do something that is new to me (running on hills) that wasn't planned. Half check.
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Happy Monday everyone!

My results for today:

Water: I actually drank 48 oz of water today! It's the most I have ever drank in a very long time!
    New exercise: Nope, just did my Insanity program and went to a kickboxing class with a friend
    Calories: I'm under!!! So happy!

I love doing these weekly challenges! I'm always thinking about this thread throughout my day making sure I'm drinking enough water and staying under calories! I did not get to try new exercises every day but I did end up picking up two new things for the week!

Can't wait for the weigh in tomorrow!!! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress so far! =)
  • bunjijk
    bunjijk Posts: 44
    Good Morning,

Here's my info for the week:

Weigh-in: 214.8
    Challenges for the week: Did new exercise - Wii Just Dance - getting pretty good, I might add!
    Drank extra water everyday; only under calories 4 days but came close by only 80 calorie on another day.

Can't wait to see how this coming week goes for everyone.
  • Right weigh in time!!!
    Currently at 63.15kg! X
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Weigh-in today and I've gained a pound :-( 156lbs this morning. Not entirely unexpected as it's the bank holiday and I've been a bit naughty at 2 parties this weekend. Ready to grab the bull by the horns this week!!

Challenges -
    New exercise - YES, went to a body combat class for the first time and LOVED it!
    More water - YES, although I dont log water I drank an extra 2 glasses before bed every day this week!
    Under cals - no :-( as I said too many parties!! Was over 3 days out of 7 this week.
  • I lost 6 pounds this week!!! i know most of it was water weight, but hey, that's awesome! i went from 120 to 114!
  • renareau
    renareau Posts: 2
    Ok check in sw was 159
    and goal w is 149

but gained 3 pounds :( at 162 this week
    drank water
    did some jogging
    didnt hit the 5 days
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    SW: 188.7
    6/04: 186.9

GW: 168
  • sark1971
    sark1971 Posts: 83 Member
    My weigh in for this morning is 178.8.

Yay!
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Been eating too much salt and some crap over the weekend, but I'm glad that I have this challenge to keep my mind on it.

Weight at start of challenge: 166
    Today: 166

This week will be better!
  • go2anderson
    go2anderson Posts: 21 Member
    My Weigh In: 225.2 lb (2.8 lb lost) Woohoo!

SW 5/21/2012 232lb
    Summer Challenge Kickoff - 5/29 228lb
    CW 6/5 225.2lb
    Summer Challenge Target - 08/28 208lb
    Goal 02/14/2013 180lb
  • kateva143
    kateva143 Posts: 46 Member
    Challenge start weight : 235.5
    1st Check in Weight - 230.6

Challenge Goal Weight 210.5
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Challenge start weight : 235.5
    1st Check in Weight - 230.6

Challenge Goal Weight 210.5

Great Job!!
  • chichi128
    chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
    this was one of the first weekends in a really long time that i didnt over indulge and i feel great. i was able to control myself which as many of you know is not an easy thing!! i feel like MFP community as really helped me with this because i know i have to be accountable for what im doing and when i see other people working just as hard i dont want to let anyone down. i finally bought a scale this weekend and im not sure if today is the day we're supposed to weigh in or tomorrow but im so excited to say that i lost 4.3lbs!! woop woop!! though small i will take anything ...26 more lbs to go by august 28th and i feel like i can really do this!! i have definitely been drinking more water..2 34oz bottles a day plus a few more glasses..staying under my calorie goal throughout the week and my new exercise has been starting the c25k

sooo i'll make it official..

sw 214 (5/29)
    cw 209
    gw (8/28) 184
    dw 125-130

happy monday everyone!!!

i thought yesterday was weigh in day but im happy today is because i got on the scale this am and im down almost another pound!!

sw 214 (5/29)
    CW 208.8
    GW (8/28) 184

LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!!
  • magtize
    magtize Posts: 42 Member
    CW 169.4
    GW 155

STAY UNDER 1200 CALORIES
    DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    WALK 10,000 STEPS
    DO THESE EVERYDAY
    DAY 2 WAS UNDER CALORIES,
    HAD 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    DID WALK AT HOME WITH LESLIE SANSONE 2 MILES
    ONLY WALKED 7,773 STEPS TODAY 5/30

Day 3 UNDER CALORIES
    DRANK 10 GLASSES OF WATER
    3 MILE DVD LESLIE SANSONE
    8,433 STEPS TODAY 5/31
    Day 4 UNDER CALORIES.
    4228 STEPS TODAY 6/1
    THAT IS ABOUT ALL .HAVING HEALTH CHALLENGES TODAY /COULDN'T DO MUCH OF ANYTHING.TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY
    day 5 NOT A GOOD DAY HEALTH GIVING ME MANY CHALLENGES.
    OVER CAL 1ST TIME
    5558 STEPS
    NO EXERCISE AGAIN 6/2
    TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY
    DAY 6 CALORIES 5/6 UNDER
    8165 STEPS
    9 GLASSES OF WATER
  • magtize
    magtize Posts: 42 Member
    CW 169.4
    GW 155

STAY UNDER 1200 CALORIES
    DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    WALK 10,000 STEPS
    DO THESE EVERYDAY
    DAY 2 WAS UNDER CALORIES,
    HAD 8 GLASSES OF WATER
    DID WALK AT HOME WITH LESLIE SANSONE 2 MILES
    ONLY WALKED 7,773 STEPS TODAY 5/30

Day 3 UNDER CALORIES
    DRANK 10 GLASSES OF WATER
    3 MILE DVD LESLIE SANSONE
    8,433 STEPS TODAY 5/31
    Day 4 UNDER CALORIES.
    4228 STEPS TODAY 6/1
    THAT IS ABOUT ALL .HAVING HEALTH CHALLENGES TODAY /COULDN'T DO MUCH OF ANYTHING.TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY
    day 5 NOT A GOOD DAY HEALTH GIVING ME MANY CHALLENGES.
    OVER CAL 1ST TIME
    5558 STEPS
    NO EXERCISE AGAIN 6/2
    TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY
    DAY 6 CALORIES 5/6 UNDER
    8165 STEPS
    9 GLASSES OF WATER
    DID 1 HOUR ON THE WII
    DAY 7 WEIGH IN
    SW 169.4
    CW 166.6
    GW 155
    WOO HOO DOWN 2.8
    HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD FIRST WEEK.NOW ON TO A SUCCESSFUL WEEK 2
  • chichi128
    chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
    So i'm going to start today off with my recipe post..its nothing crazy and pretty easy. i made this a few weeks ago one morning with all the stuff i had left in the fridge and was surprised it came out pretty good. i usually have it for breakfast after my workout but i would have it for dinner too because its pretty filling for such few calories...

1c mushrooms diced
    4lg egg whites
    1/4-1/2c kidney beans
    3 mini sweet peppers diced
    1/8-1/4c shredded mozzerrella
    2tbs salsa

i start by putting literally a drop or 2 ( less than a teaspoon) of EVOO in the pan throw in my peppers let them cook about 2 mins then toss in the mushrooms ( the mushrooms will give off some liquid when they cook which helps everything to steam a little bit) cook for another minute until soft..throw in kidney beans cook until warm throw in your egg whites and cook everything together until eggs are done. throw in a bowl sprinkle with some cheese and salsa and enjoy!! a couple days that i have been super hungry i added some toast to the mix but its usually filling by itself and totals around 300 calories give or take i know it sounds a bit funny..looks even funnier but it really is tasty lol. and it also looks like a lot of food when you are eating...i know that that part helps me because it tricks my mind into thinking im getting a lot!

for my cardio challenge im incorporating the c25k routine with one extra day to take a long walk.

and increasing my fruits and veggie intake is very much welcomed as i have been craving watermelon for the longest time lol not i have an excuse to go get some!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!
  • mattysmom
    mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
    Tuesday Weigh in 246.2 down 3.2 lbs. Did the water just fine, was over my calories on 3 days, exercised 3x different one each day
  • branohockey
    branohockey Posts: 60 Member
    SW: 150.2
    CW: 147.4
    loss this week 2.8 :happy:

I will certainly take that!! I like to have a goal and participating in a challenge accomplishes that.

Keep up the good work everybody!

Marie
  • jenpeterson96
    jenpeterson96 Posts: 64 Member
    SW: 163.3
    CW: 160.8

Loss: 2.5 pounds