• sdai3
    sdai3 Posts: 28 Member
    SW: 178
    CW: 176.2
    GW: 160

On my way
  • emilyc314
    emilyc314 Posts: 6 Member
    Newbie! I have been doing a summer challenge on my own but figured finding friends would be helpful! I just saw this group last night so I haven't started any of the weekly challenges but I did weigh in this morning:

SW: 184
    CW: 182.8

I have gained back a lot (like 5 pounds) that I originally lost (10 pounds) so I am going with my SW at the beginning of the summer. I really want to be back to 176 but July 4th, beach bod here I come!
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    SW 176
    CW175

1lb down

I managed to maintain my water last week but went over my calories on 1 day and I didn't exercise for most of the week :sad:

Looking forward to a better week.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Serves 2; Adapted from Your Lighter Side.

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp crushed garlic
    1/2 tsp garlic salt
    olive oil (optional)

pizza sauce, shredded cheese and your choice of toppings*

Directions:

To "Rice" the Cauliflower:
    Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes (some microwaves are more powerful than others, so you may need to reduce this cooking time). There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.

One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Pizza Crust:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.

Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).

Enjoy!

*Note that toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.

I love this pizza crust!!

SW: 214.5 (05-29-12)
    CW:214.5 (06-05-12)
    GW: 199

Fruit/Veg- I had grapes and watermelon for breakfast
    Cardio- Not yet today
    Recipe- Cauliflower pizza crust

If anyone needs friends feel free to add me!
  • Ceeceebigs
    Ceeceebigs Posts: 8 Member
    Tuesday weigh in...152!
  • bobby172
    bobby172 Posts: 22 Member
    CW 168.6

Stayed under on calories - yes!!!!
    Drank extra water
    Did not exercise - played bean bag for an hour on Sunday, better than sitting ;)
    "Disk golf" outing tomorrow night, new venture with friends, excited!
    Still trying to figure this all out - but know i need to get moving, and thrilled the scale did not move upwards, which is has been doing for quite a few months.
    I have zero healthy recipes, but will try to change that!
    Good luck all!
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Okay, It is check in time.
    This week went great.....even with the modified workouts.

My starting weight was 174.2.
    Today weight is 172.6.

Yay!!! I am down 1.6 lbs!!!

I wasn't sure what the scale would say. I knew my clothes were starting to be back to the way they should fit. (Having to be off your feet for weeks due to injury is not good for the waistline.) I am starting to feel my muscles coming back. The weight loss is just an extra bonus. The goal of 155 is closer.
  • pugsley5
    pugsley5 Posts: 38 Member
    Love this challenge..Need the motivation,please add me:happy:
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Recipe:

One of our family favourites is chips and dip.
    We each fix up our own bowl of "dip". We can customize it the way we like it that way.

The basics are:

Cooked ground beef or venison,
    add cottage cheese for extra healthy protein,
    Salsa
    grated cheese

From here you can add whatever you like, lettuce, hot sauce, ranch dressing, sour cream (I usually skip this one, although it makes is super yummy.), etc.
    You can change it accordingly.

This is eaten as a dip for tortilla chips. It is a healthier alternative to a great snack.

*A side note: To remove extra grease and fat from the ground beef, after it is cooked, rinse it with warm water in a colander then put it back in the pan to cook for just a few more minutes.*
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    misticache - No. It's not going to be a group because it is impossible for me to be as good about keeping the spreadsheet up to date when the posts aren't linear all in one place.

I hope no one has big qualms with this, but I've decided I'm going to continue the challenge on the thread.

Good job getting through this week everyone! I'm excited to see the weigh-ins tomorrow, though I'm not sure if I'm excited about my own. haha

Here are you challenges for next week:

- Increase your FRUIT/VEGETABLE intake this week
    - Get 30 minutes of CARDIO at least 4 days this week
    - Share a RECIPE with the group

No problem at all whatever you find easiest. I'm just glad you're helping us track everything. I'm in multiple challenges and I'm starting to confuse myself :D

My weigh in today was 172.6
  • Cne02001
    Cne02001 Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to participate...i'll be checking in again, once I weigh in today....need all the support and motivation I can get...I would also appreciate some veggie recipes...Stay Strong everyone :)
  • Week one weigh-in:

SW: 195
    CW: 193
    GW: 180

Not too bad for a week where I stopped tracking food! I like the accountability that this challenge provides... thanks again for starting it and good luck to everyone!

Laura
  • Rabbitfeet
    Rabbitfeet Posts: 92 Member
    Week one weigh in
    SW:180
    CW:179
    Step in the right direction but i was very lax about exercise last week this week its a whole new ball game :P
  • Rabbitfeet
    Rabbitfeet Posts: 92 Member
    Just seen the weekly subchallenge there. Going grocery shopping for nice greens and fruits today Yum yum :D
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    The scale finally showed a good sign today, I thought I would be logging a zero loss.
    SW 136
    CW 133

I did pretty good on increasing my water, I also tried Special K Protein Water. That way I get a little extra protein in too. I split one pack per 2 -8oz glasses. Too strong tasting for me 1 pack per glass.

I'm trying to increase my protein, so this week I made a salad I really enjoyed.
    Your favorite base salad
    Small amount of Olive oil
    Peach Mango Salsa (Costco)
    1 egg scrambled- warm
    YUM!

Has anyone tried the "Women's Health- 15 minute, Butt, Thigh and Belly DVD Workout?" I like it, and I felt it more the next day then a 45 mixed cardio/kickboxing class!

Good Luck Everyone this week!
  • bbagnell13
    bbagnell13 Posts: 31
    Weigh in - 182, lost 2 lbs. Lost 6 lbs in the last week and half YEAH!!!
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    I'm in. I weigh 182.6 right now. My goal is to lose 22.6 pounds by August 28th. I'd also like to lose 5" off my waist by then.

And thank you for doing this!

First weigh-in: 179.2

Under 180 for the first time in a LONG while!

EDIT: I'm only going to measure my waist every other week, so I'll put that in next week.
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    1st weigh-in: 158
    2nd weigh-in: 155. 6 !!
    5.6 lbs til my 1st goal weight/100 lbs down!!

for last weeks challenges:
    - stayed under my calories 6 out of 7 days
    - drank about 10 glasses of water a day (usually only get 7-8)
    - added walking to my exercise routine -- strangely enough, i think this is what helped the most! i run a lot & usually do upwards of 5 miles a day .. i think giving my body a little bit of a break and doing a lower impact activity has helped!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    CW: 186 lbs (I gained weight - oops) SW: 185 lbs Challenge GW: 170 lbs
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Summer Challenge week 1:

Challenge SW 5/29: 158
    Current Weight 6/5: 157 (1 pound lost!)
    Challenge GW:143

week one challenges:
    at least 2 more cups of water per day -- I usually drink 8 cups per day, managed to drink at least 10 cups on 5 out of 7 days.
    1 new exercise on at least one day this week -- on the first day I treaded water in neighbor's pool for 10 minutes
    stay under calorie goal -- I was under calorie goal all 7 days