Zumba = Wow!

I took my first Zumba class tonight. I LOVED IT!!

If you have the chance to take a Zumba class, do it!! But don't be embarrassed to shake it!

Replies

• Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    I've been hearing so much about Zumba and they just opened up a Zumba place like 10mins from my house. I really want to try it. I think i'm going to start going next week!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Good job girls for trying something new and Ashly I'm glad you love it!!!! Have fun zapping those little fat cells!!!!!
  • ducky5m48
    ducky5m48 Posts: 50 Member
    so is tht a dance class? id like to take a dance class but i have zero rythm. :(

246794.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    I am trying to start zumba but the only one available at my gym is on mondays at lunch time.grr
    I'll try to go but does anyone know of great zumba DVD's I can purchase?

Thanks ya'll
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    I am trying to start zumba but the only one available at my gym is on mondays at lunch time.grr
    I'll try to go but does anyone know of great zumba DVD's I can purchase?

Thanks ya'll

I ordered mine from www.zumba.com but if you want to check it out before you buy, there are some free Zumba videos on Youtube (another MFP member had mentioned it & I was able to find 2 on there). The videos are fun but I prefer the classes....
  • Ducky,
    It's not really a dance class. It's more of Aerobic/Latin Dance. I'd say 98% of the people there didn't have rhythm, but it's all about having fun and moving! It's an hour long and it's a great workout!! Look it up on YouTube. That's what I did before I went.
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member
    I just tried the Zumba Sculpt and Tone Video this morning (downloaded from the internet) and it was fun and had me sweating (and now I know I really don't have a lot of rhythm but had fun anyway:ohwell: )
    Unfortunately there aren't any classes in my area but hopefully that will change as word gets out.

I have no idea what to put down for calories burned for the 45 minute workout- a lot of it is done with the hand weights for the sculpting and the last part picked up the cardio.
    Anyone logging calories for the Zumba??
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    I just tried the Zumba Sculpt and Tone Video this morning (downloaded from the internet) and it was fun and had me sweating (and now I know I really don't have a lot of rhythm but had fun anyway:ohwell: )
    Unfortunately there aren't any classes in my area but hopefully that will change as word gets out.

I have no idea what to put down for calories burned for the 45 minute workout- a lot of it is done with the hand weights for the sculpting and the last part picked up the cardio.

oooh.....downloaded for free? what's the website lol
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member

oooh.....downloaded for free? what's the website lol

My son actually downloaded it for me (I'm also technically challenged!:ohwell: ), but I'll get the site from him this weekend and send it along to you
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    I LOVE ZUMBA. I have little or no rythm, but wow, is it fun. A girlfriend and I go together and we burn almost as many calories laughing as dancing LOL! It is a great thing to do and it makes exercise seem like fun and not a chore. I go once a week, and the rest of the time I run and do crunches and pushups at home.
  • I just tried the Zumba Sculpt and Tone Video this morning (downloaded from the internet) and it was fun and had me sweating (and now I know I really don't have a lot of rhythm but had fun anyway:ohwell: )

NB Lady,
    For this I use the one that says Dancing (Aerobic). I believe that's a pretty good description of Zumba. So that's what I use.
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    This sounds like so much fun. I checked out some utube videos, and I love it. My gym doesnt have a class:sad: , so I am going to see if I can find a good dvd with good music. Thanks for letting us know about this zumba Ashly:happy:
  • Check your local YMCA :smile: The one in my area offers Zumba classes 4 days a week in the evening. It is pretty popular and a whole lot of fun to do!! I have never done a class of any kind in public, always preferred doing them at home on video, but have found that going to ones offered by the gym can be very motivating and inspirational :happy: you also figure out everyone else is just as uncoordinated as you are :laugh:
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    I take zumba 3-4 times a week. I lost all my weight this summer by mostly zumba-ing. I do run and take a strength training class but zumba is where i'm burning all the calories. I love it. I encourage everyone to try it if its in your area. Its so fun and you will laugh at your self the first few times but stick with it and you will get your hips shaking like Shakira!!! Have fun!