keeping heart rate up

I have been working out for just about a month now. I go 5 days a week. I noticed a huge change in me when I adjusted my work out (haven't noticed in the mirror). I start my work out with 15 min on the treadmill at 3.5 on a incline of 7. I get my rate up to 155-163-they I hit the weights. I do 3 reps of 12 and only stop long enough in to walk to the next machine. I go back in forth until I have done 3 reps on each. Then I move to the next 2 machines. I noticed by not taking a break of 30 seconds or so, my heart rate stayed up and I was sweating. Before I was doing one machine and resting in between for about 30 second. This has mad a huge difference in the way I feel. After the weights, I hit the treadmill for 15-20 minutes on a 3.5 on a 7.5 incline and finish my workout. My husband told me if your not a bit sore, your not pushing enough. Today I am sore. I think I am understanding now.
Mix it up and have fun.

Replies

• I have been working out for just about a month now. I go 5 days a week. I noticed a huge change in me when I adjusted my work out (haven't noticed in the mirror). I start my work out with 15 min on the treadmill at 3.5 on a incline of 7. I get my rate up to 155-163-they I hit the weights. I do 3 reps of 12 and only stop long enough in to walk to the next machine. I go back in forth until I have done 3 reps on each. Then I move to the next 2 machines. I noticed by not taking a break of 30 seconds or so, my heart rate stayed up and I was sweating. Before I was doing one machine and resting in between for about 30 second. This has mad a huge difference in the way I feel. After the weights, I hit the treadmill for 15-20 minutes on a 3.5 on a 7.5 incline and finish my workout. My husband told me if your not a bit sore, your not pushing enough. Today I am sore. I think I am understanding now.
    Mix it up and have fun.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Constantly challenging yourself is key. Good job!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    People aren't sore 4 days a week, right?
    If your heart rate is up and your muscles feel tired, your doing a great job -- which you are!

If he wants to be sore, tell your husband to try yoga :happy:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    you just described circuit training. :wink:
    Considered a good overall workout.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    People aren't sore 4 days a week, right?
    If your heart rate is up and your muscles feel tired, your doing a great job -- which you are!

If he wants to be sore, tell your husband to try yoga :happy:

I was really sore:sad: at first. I am noticing the more I work out, the less sore I am getting. At first it was not good. I wanted to cry with every step I took. Not anymore. I am building that muscle and I am a little sore. Nothing to stop me or make me limited. It is just enough to let me know that I worked out. It is a good sore to me. I am now using more weight and more reps. I am now getting my heart rate way up too. It is a great feeling!!!! A little soreness is worth the reward.