How did you get proposed to?

Replies

• My husbands father had an emergency quadrupal bypass and he proposed on the way to the hospital so his father could see we were engaged his father said why did you get her a pearl. He couldnt see it was a diamond under all the medication. 22 years and three sons and a beautiful grandaughter from our wonderful Iraq veteran son later and he is supporting me on my quest for health as I support him the same way.
  • Evningstar81
    Evningstar81 Posts: 30 Member
    He took me to the first place we went on our first date, the waterfront, it was mothers day, we had 9 month old and my 4 year old nephew with us...went to the end of the boardwalk...he and our nephew when crab hunting..they both came back up he told me to close my eyes and then got down on one knee, asked me to put out my hand and proposed. I just about knocked him off the stairs. :)
  • teenio7
    teenio7 Posts: 104 Member
    We are 'weirdos' so we like to ghost hunt. A bunch of us went up to the local cemetery. After a while, we went to a famous spot to start a Quija board session. After a few generic questions, it started 'moving on its own' and spelled out "will you marry me?' I was like 'wtf?' then he got down on one knee and asked me for real. It was actually like the sweetest thing ever because all my friends were in on it. I was completely clueless. We are getting married at the end of the month.
  • It was around Thanksgiving, we stayed up all night being romantic... We had gotten the ring on sale for Black Friday, and it was WAY prettier than I thought it could be. We watched "our" movie, French Kiss... Then while we were slow dancing to the credit music, he kissed my cheek and whispered the question in my ear.

That same song was also playing during our "first dance" at our wedding... =^_^=
  • Drendren
    Drendren Posts: 34 Member
    Disney world!! I'm obsessed with Disney and we went there on vacation and our second night there we walked over to cinderellas wishing well and he got down on one knee. A few minutes later they started their fireworks show. It was perfect!
    Dream proposal! I'm a huge Disney fan, I hope to meet the one who will indulge my obsession! Lovely story.
  • Disney world!! I'm obsessed with Disney and we went there on vacation and our second night there we walked over to cinderellas wishing well and he got down on one knee. A few minutes later they started their fireworks show. It was perfect!
    Dream proposal! I'm a huge Disney fan, I hope to meet the one who will indulge my obsession! Lovely story.

We actually had our honeymoon at Epcot... =)
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    I was at a concert in a nightclub with a bunch of friends including my ex. We had been split up long enough that we were friends. A slow song came on, so he asked me to dance. I was just :ahem: tipsy enough that I told him I wouldn't dance with him unless he married me. He just grinned and pulled me onto the dance floor. I started laughing and told him I wouldn't hold him to it. He tilted my head up and said "No? Well, I'm going to hold you to it everyday for the rest of our lives." We'll be married 17 years this month.

Which reminds me... I have bets to call in :drinker:
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Hubs and I are both photographers. He is very old school - film etc. and I like digital. We originally met on www.deviantart.com , a website for art networking. Anyways we had looked at rings so he knew what I liked... and I knew a proposal was coming, I just had no idea how or when and he definitely caught me off guard. We took a trip with his dad and sister and brother to visit his grandmother in Vermont. After having breakfast with everyone on Saturday morning he suggested we take a hike up a trail he used to go up when he was a kid and take some photos because there's a gorgeous view. I was like sure! We got to the top and took a few photos... and he said "take one with my camera" I was like "no, it's film and I'm going to screw it up and the photo will be sucky" he was like "just try it!!" Sooo I did. and it didn't work. so he said "maybe the film isn't lodged correctly, open the back" and I was so contrary, I was like but then it will ruin any photos that are in there!" but he convinced me it was ok to open. so I did... and I pulled out the film and I was like there's WRITING on this. *duh* so he asked "what does it say?!"

^ This is beautiful and extremely creative.

[img]https://fbcdn_sphotos_e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/41274_10150262080650125_4344543_n.jpg[/img]

and then he got down on one knee. and I said yes. :) It's been a year and I haven't regretted it for a minute.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    I had worked many nights in a row in order to earn some extra money, and had hell shifts pretty much every night I worked. I slept with a blindfold on, and he came to wake me up from work. He put something in my hand and held it. When I pulled off my blindfold he was on one knee and proposed :). Needless to say that really brightened my night!
  • krisaddress
    krisaddress Posts: 43 Member
    My husband planned the sweetest proposal!!

We were in Costa Rica walking along a moon lit stormy turtle beach and when we got to the end he dropped to one knee, and asked me if I would do him the honer of being his wife. He got a temporary butterfly ring to propose with so we looked for the real thing together once we got home to OZ.

We were married din Fiji last October and the wedding theme was butterflies :)
  • Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    My husband was driving to the store so we could get some snacks to eat with our movie that night and on our way there, he had told me that he hacked into America First Credit Union and was able to put some money into our future account. My husband is very intelligent with computers and so I, not being intelligent with computers, believed him. He told me he did get caught but I shouldn't worry about it because this had "happened" a few days before and nothing has happened yet. On our way home, my husband ran a stop sign and there was a cop hidden around that corner. After the cop gave my husband back his license and registration, the cop asked my husband to step outside of the vehicle for a moment. I sat in the truck for out 1 minute when the cop came back for me without my husband. He asked me to step out of the car and said my husband had a serious warrant out for his arrest. He explained he was going to take me to my husband where he would explain to me a few things. The cop took me between our truck and the cop car where my husband was sitting on his knees with his hands behind his back as if he were arrested. We just looked at each other for a moment when my husband started to laugh and he brought a box with a ring in it from behind him. I started to cry immediately and was so cofused that I actually walked away and my husband had to come after me. I eventually said yes =)
  • Firewife18
    Firewife18 Posts: 70 Member
    we were sitting on his bed talking and the song my boo by usher and alicia keys came on which that is a song he dedicated to me but anyway that song started to play on the radio spontaniously and he proposed.
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    This is a great thread! Here's my story.

(Non-techies should skip the first paragraph)

My (then-boyfriend of 5 years) spent several months getting this domain squatting company to give him ownership of a domain they had that was similar to one I started. They were making money off my hard work to build a website because of a common misspelling. On our 5-year anniversary (Nov 6, 2007), he sent me a private message on the chat room that I operate with just a link to the misspelled website. (He also waited several long minutes before I noticed I had a message waiting.)

When I saw the link, I thought my anniversary present was him getting that domain for me. But when I clicked on the link, I was greeted with an "anniversary quiz" where I had to answer some (easy) quiz questions about our relationship. Then, I was given GPS coordinates of the location of a locked box. So, I drove out to the spot and found the locked box and brought it back. Inside the locked box (which I had to open with a code I got back at the house on the website) was a note to look under my keyboard drawer. There, he had taped an envelope and inside was a gift card to a local jeweler. After entering the code from the back of the card, the big words "Will you marry me, Christine?" were on the screen. He was standing behind me this whole time. I told him yes, of course.

We went ring shopping the next day. We're still engaged but now we're almost at 10 years together. We're both fine with the arrangement the way that it is, but eventually, we will get married. I'm just content to have a title for our relationship that implies more than just "boyfriend" and a piece of jewelry to signify it.

Now we're on weight loss journey together. I started a few months before him, but he's doing really well now. :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    We were out to dinner at a restaurant during a holiday weekend interstate. After my husband had paid the bill, he folded up the receipt into a little triangle and slipped it under my watch band... when I opened it up he had written "would you married me?"

Even though I'm a bit of a correct grammar freak, I still said yes! (I do make allowances for the fact that English isn't his first language, and it helps that he has the cutest accent).
  • Hubs and I are both photographers. He is very old school - film etc. and I like digital. We originally met on www.deviantart.com , a website for art networking. Anyways we had looked at rings so he knew what I liked... and I knew a proposal was coming, I just had no idea how or when and he definitely caught me off guard. We took a trip with his dad and sister and brother to visit his grandmother in Vermont. After having breakfast with everyone on Saturday morning he suggested we take a hike up a trail he used to go up when he was a kid and take some photos because there's a gorgeous view. I was like sure! We got to the top and took a few photos... and he said "take one with my camera" I was like "no, it's film and I'm going to screw it up and the photo will be sucky" he was like "just try it!!" Sooo I did. and it didn't work. so he said "maybe the film isn't lodged correctly, open the back" and I was so contrary, I was like but then it will ruin any photos that are in there!" but he convinced me it was ok to open. so I did... and I pulled out the film and I was like there's WRITING on this. *duh* so he asked "what does it say?!"

[img]https://fbcdn_sphotos_e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/41274_10150262080650125_4344543_n.jpg[/img]

and then he got down on one knee. and I said yes. :) It's been a year and I haven't regretted it for a minute.

CUTEST THING EVER.
  • We were in NYC to see Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark, because he is a massive Spider-Man fan. We stayed in a little crumby hotel and spent 5 days there. That night before the show, we ate dinner at a nice steak place. This isn't uncommon because he loves steak and we will typically go to a nice steak place on any trip. We went to see the Spider-Man show and decided to walk around Times Square for the last time. I saw this crazy lady dressed as a strange version of Hello Kitty, and when I turned back around, he handed me a pokeball and told me he bought it for me when we were in the Nintendo store earlier that day. Inside the ball is a ring and I look at him and he's down on his knee asking me to marry him. I say ARE YOU SERIOUS and he just laughs all nervous like and says of course, and then I say well yes and then went to a bar that we deemed our favorite of the vacation :)
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    New Year's Eve....1999 going into 2000. Staying at a beautiful bed and breakfast inn in Cape May, NJ. We were at a big New Year's bash at the convention center on the boardwalk. Midnight struck, and he presented me with a beautiful sapphire and diamond engagement ring that he had designed with the jeweler and had specially made up.

We've been married for 11 years, and have two gorgeous and talented kids (total mommy-bias here :flowerforyou: ). We are now both on a "get back in shape" journey together and I am looking forward to many more years of fitness, fun, and frolic!

I love you, Honey-Bunny!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    I got proposed to over the phone.

When my man has something or whatever, he gets excited and just can't hide it lol. So, when he decided he wanted to propose, we were talking on the phone and he told me his "grandmother's ring had been taken out of the box." I cried like a fool and when he got home, I made him get down on a knee and do it "properly."
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    We had been dating for 3 months, were at his brother's house and he asked me out of the blue "will u marry me tomorrow on my day off" I laughed but he was serious, I said sure I'll marry you and we've been married for 29 years. Awww the love of my life, my best friend. :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    New Year's Eve....1999 going into 2000. Staying at a beautiful bed and breakfast inn in Cape May, NJ. We were at a big New Year's bash at the convention center on the boardwalk. Midnight struck, and he presented me with a beautiful sapphire and diamond engagement ring that he had designed with the jeweler and had specially made up.

We've been married for 11 years, and have two gorgeous and talented kids (total mommy-bias here :flowerforyou: ). We are now both on a "get back in shape" journey together and I am looking forward to many more years of fitness, fun, and frolic!

I love you, Honey-Bunny!

Aw! My brother-in-law proposed on New Year's too!! :flowerforyou: