How do you reward yourself when you have a mini success?

I'm trying to get out of the habit of "taking a day off" when I have a loss.

What do you reward yourself with for your mini successes?
And whats your reward when you get to goal?

:)

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Not at all. But I did promise myself a new pair of jeans when I get back down under 130 (from 138 to 129).
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    Mini success: butt nekked dance in front of the mirror. I guess streaking for the goal? Seems appropriate.
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    maybe make a list of your goals and mini goals with rewards. Like, once I lose 10 more lbs I'm getting a new water bottle to jog with...my next mini goal I'm getting a new pair of running shoes. It can be very small rewards up to whatever you want.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    I just do something nice for myself... a manicure or pedicure... my most recent one was throwing all my old workout socks away and getting new ones... things like that :)
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Sushi... or Cookies. :-)
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    I started making a list with tiny things every 5 lbs, medium every 10, and big every 20. For example 5lbs: movie and popcorn night 10lbs: $30 at Ross, 20lbs: new weightset... but its cumulative, so 10lbs lost would be movie/popcorn and $30 at ross, 15lbs lost would be another small reward, 20lbs would be a small, medium and big reward
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    SOMETHING THAT IS NON FOOD!

PEDI, MANI, New outfit, new running shoes, New DVD program....and so forth :)
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    I don't do rewards for myself. Having lost weight and feeling better about myself is enough at this point.
  • smyeager84
    smyeager84 Posts: 3 Member
    Clothes! Cause I usually need new ones after I reach a goal.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Clothes! Cause I usually need new ones after I reach a goal.

This! As I hit goals.. I find my old clothes not fitting anymore! i just buy 1 or 2 things at a time though.. and nothing expensive, because they may not fit in a few weeks!
  • I've spent so much money in the last few weeks over little losses, with nothing materialistic to show for it, because its all been food.

I like the idea of the new socks (for some reason, all mine have santa, reindeers or penguins on?). Topshop do the 3 pairs for £10 offer, so I might budget myself that for a little loss :)

Thanks everyone :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    I don't do rewards for myself. Having lost weight and feeling better about myself is enough at this point.

Same for me! Achieving progress to the goal is what give me the emotional reward.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    SOMETHING THAT IS NON FOOD!

PEDI, MANI, New outfit, new running shoes, New DVD program....and so forth :)

That.. and I am going to start a new charm/bead bracelet, I had one years ago, when I first started my journey
  • I buy myself an accessory like jewelry. For bigger milestones, in the past I used to reward myself with manicures, pedicures and facials. The last time I was really successful at weight loss, I rewarded myself with a spa day. I'm already thinking about different rewards this time around and can't wait to reach my small milestones I've set for myself!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Shoes.... :)