What are you reading currently?

Replies

• aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm a HUGE P.C Cast fan and am at the moment going through her Goddess Summoning series and Divine series (Mistake, Choice, and Blood).

I would recommend them to people who love romance, mystery, the idea of Gods and Goddess's slumming it with us lowly mortals, magic, and that wonderful hint of darkness.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It is absolutely wonderful. If you haven't read it yet, do.
  • arrreba
    arrreba Posts: 2
    So I'm new here and I haven't read all of the previous posts...if I'm repeating something that's already been discussed, I apologize. HOWEVER, for the ladies, I have to recommend checking out Jen Lancaster's books. Start with Bitter is the New Black and move on to Bright Lights, Bis *kitten* and then Such a Pretty Fat......and beyond. Her books are written from her point of view, they are downright hysterical and it's really nice to read about a real person going through the same everyday battles with an amazing sense of humor.

I love to take a long bath and read and after I found her I would sit in the bathtub laughing out loud until I had tears rolling down my face. My boyfriend thought for a few days that I was having a mental episode every night in the bathroom until I explained the downright hilarity that was in these books. I read him an excerpt and waited for his reaction of uncontrollable laughter, which I did not get....it was more of a concerned look mixed with fear.

I hope you'll take my advice and enjoy!
  • arrreba
    arrreba Posts: 2
    The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It is absolutely wonderful. If you haven't read it yet, do.

I loooooved that book.
  • Brandification
    Brandification Posts: 109 Member
    The Girl Who Played with Fire (2nd book in series) by Stieg Larsonn...Loved the first one this one is good so far too.

Same here. The first book was a little drawn out in the beginning, but once Salander and Blomkvist met, it took off! LOVING the second book so far!
  • acmartin1960
    acmartin1960 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm going through 2 at the moment. 1st is "a Thomas Jefferson Education" by Oliver DeMille, the 2nd is a zombie novel - its definitely just brain candy.
  • paulipet
    paulipet Posts: 70
    I am currently reading Divergent by Veronica Roth :)

I recently finished this book and loved it.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    I am currently reading Divergent by Veronica Roth :)

I recently finished this book and loved it. Am hoping for a sequel.

Insurgent (sequel) has just been released.
  • paulipet
    paulipet Posts: 70
    Oh that's great news - thank you :smile:
  • bazaar1982
    Oh that's great news - thank you :smile:

Bad newsis part 3 is over a year away! But the movie should be coming out in the next year or so
  • rcb1963
    rcb1963 Posts: 69 Member
    I just finished Beach Road - really enjoyed it.
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    just started reading doc by mary doria russell....it is about doc holliday

just finished:

twenties girl by sophie kinsella

definitely not mr. darcy by karen doornebos

both books were very good and if your looking for a romance with some laughs then these 2 books are what you are looking for.......definitely worth the read
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    American Vampire. Graphic novels TOTALLY count. ;) and this one is really well-written so far with gorgeous art.
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Water for Elephants and I just finished Galileo's Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love. It was a very good nonfiction read. I learned a lot about him.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    I am reading Hatchet to my 9 year old daughter right now. It was my favorite book when I was younger! My son loved it too when he was this age.
  • okmac23
    okmac23 Posts: 1
    I'm reading the "The Partials". It is about the world ending, and how they are fighting to re -populate. Great book.:glasses:
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Hi All, I am so happy I found this group! I just finished reading The Discovery of Witches. I really enjoyed it. I also read Hatchet to my son, we loved it.

I found this group as I am trying to find a couple of books to read.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    I am reading Hatchet to my 9 year old daughter right now. It was my favorite book when I was younger! My son loved it too when he was this age.

My Side of the Mountain is GREAT too!!
  • bazaar1982
    I'm reading the "The Partials". It is about the world ending, and how they are fighting to re -populate. Great book.:glasses:

Ooh I saw that on amazon, wasn't sure about it. Is it worth a read?
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    After reading all 10 pages I now have a list of books I need to read, I am going to post them here because I now I will lose the written list I just made. LOL So now I can just come back here and find the books!

The Partials
    Divergent
    Angel of Death
    Legend
    The hour I first Believed
    Dismembered
    The Maze Runner
    Uglies (I have read the first two in this series but keep forgetting to get the rest!)
    We need to talk about Kevin

Anyone have anything else to recommend that they think I will like based on the books above?!