Low carbs recipes

Replies

• Wendywasilewski
    Wendywasilewski Posts: 6 Member
    bump
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    (I post photos in the blog, then copy paste here out of laziness. Forgive me)

Now that I've eaten this same meal several times, I thought I'd post. It's not so much a recipe as throwing stuff together. You can change the amount of ingredients to fit your macros for the day. 2 or 3 slices of bacon? 1 or 2 oz of cheese? Up to you. Want a veggie in there? Chop it up and toss it in. I've had this as high as 660 cal, but am posting the lower version which is what is in the picture , and is currently being chewed. Om nom nom... nom.

Ingredients:

1 package miracle noodles (Fetuccini in the photo), washed according to directions and patted dry.

2 slices Godshall's Beef Bacon (use what you like/calculate)

1 oz Natural White Cheddar, thinly sliced or shredded (it's all gonna melt anyway)

1 can Solid White Albacore in Wate, drained

Spices optional (no salt needed)

Directions:

Fry up your bacon to desired crispiness, take out of the pan and set aside.

Throw you noodles into the pan on medium heat for a minute or two. Let them soak up some of that bacon fat, get some color and flavor.

Put noodles into a bowl (I like to cut them up prior to adding anything because it's easier to stir later, just chop them up randomly). Add spices, if using. I like freshly ground black pepper and some garlic powder.

Crumble (or rip) bacon into pieces and mix into the noodles.

Break up tuna in the can to desired pieces. You'll want 1cm pieces at least so you have something to chew on. Throw that in, and mix it up.

Top of with the cheese. You can mix it right away, or pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds.

Take it out, mix, mix, and enjoy.

Note: The whole dish tastes like bacon. Both noodles and tuna will absorb the flavor, so don't worry about it tasting like fish too much.

If you like these ingredients separately, as I do, then I think you'll like this easy dish.

Macros: 440 cal, 30F, 40P, ZERO net

I'm wondering nutrition label on the bacon includes fat derived from bacon. Meaning 100 cal per slice, raw or cooked and drained of excess fat? Hmmm... label doesn't say anything.

Either way. NO CARBS!
  • Masharitos
    Just finished watching Fat Head and I'm sooo delighted. He mentioned his favorite snack (while on a high fat diet, which I'm assuming is Keto from the foods he was consuming) was shredded cheese fried in coconut oil. Well, I happen to have both.... Tomorrow, it's on!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Delicious almond flour cookies! I changed up a recipe I found, and they came out really well.

1.5 cups almond flour
    1/2 cup flax meal
    1/4 cup truvia or other sweetener (not calculated in nutritional totals)
    2 oz. chopped walnuts
    1tsp baking powder
    4 egg whites
    1 oz unsalted butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350F.

Combine and mix all dry ingredients.

Add softened butter and rub into dry ingredients until even (produces a slightly grainy texture).

Add egg whites and mix well.

This
    Thank You Friend I am making this today. I noticed you used truvia will nunaturals stevia work with this recipe?
    Using a leveled tbsp, plop dough onto parchment paper. Press each cookie down with a fork. You can use your fingers to fix the shape.

Bake 18-20 minutes depending on desired... brown-ness I guess. I like mine darker, so 20 minutes is good and still gives you a soft middle.

Remove to cool on a wire rack and munch away.

Macros per cookie: 63cal, 5F, 3P, .77 net cabs

Please note that I used natural almond flour, not blanched, so my cookies are dark to begin with. I think either would be fine for the recipe.

I suggest melting some dark chocolate and dipping the cookies in half way for extra yumminess. Lindt 85%, 90% or even 99% would be good depending on your needs.

This sounds good I am going to make it ASAP. By the way you said your stevia is bitter, have you tried nunaturals stevia? It is the only stevia I use it is not bitter or has a after taste I tasted it right out of the small pkg.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Bump
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    here are mine :)) there are many that I collected on my site :0 Feel free to check it out and share your ideas :)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371
  • Masharitos
    here are mine :)) there are many that I collected on my site :0 Feel free to check it out and share your ideas :)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371

All of those look delicious, and I'm not just saying that because we have the same plates. Some are way too high in carbs, but we can adjust and sub. Thanks for sharing!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    bump for recipe ideas
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    ^
  • msue482
    msue482 Posts: 55
    Bump
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    bump! Thanks!
  • Masharitos
    Brownies to start, but this site looks like it has a ton of interesting recipes for low carbers. http://sinorslim.com/desserts/low-carb-protein-brownies/
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    bump
  • I will add one: My super easy salmon patties

1 can (14.25 oz.) can of WILD CAUGHT salmon, drained and flaked
    2 eggs
    spices to taste (I sprinkle a little cajun or blackened seasoning on as the cook)

In a bowl combine the drained and flaked salmon and the 2 eggs until mixed well. The mixture will be very wet, don't worry they will firm up on the pan.
    Divide into five "patties, or when I cook them they are more like blobs. Cook in a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet for a few minutes over medium heat, flip and use spatula to flatten into patties.

When light to medium brown on both sides they are done. You will get some egg that oozes out of them and cooks, that is a great gauge on "doneness"

142 calories 6 grams fat 21 grams protein. ZERO carbs!
    Remember the fat is rich in Omega 3's.
    Also, I found wild canned salmon at Aldi's for $2.29. So they end up being like $.60 a serving.
    I have tried using one egg and they just don't hold together as well.
  • sums_net
    sums_net Posts: 24
    bump
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    save
  • fancyacuppa
    fancyacuppa Posts: 66 Member
    Bumping!
  • margypan
    margypan Posts: 28 Member
    saving for later! these all look / sound great!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    some of these arent low carb at all
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    This is awesome. Thanks!