Introduce Yourself!

Replies

• WildPlace
    WildPlace Posts: 21 Member
    Hi !

I'm Evie, i spent a couple of months earlier this year doing a very low calorie diet (VLCD) but got really fed up with packet food (i love real food!!), had some time out and gained back 10lbs and decided to give JUDDD a go - i'm low carbing on my up days due to previous health issues (feel so much better on low carb). On down days i'm alternating - one DD using up my stocks of VLCD shakes and bars and the next DD making a big pot of chicken & veg soup to keep me going all the day.

I've started off at 500/1966

I recognise some of you from LCF where i'm not signed up but just lurk :-) I also hang out at the active low carber forum
  • DryHeet
    DryHeet Posts: 61 Member
    Welcome Evie!

I also lurk at LCF - I joined there several years ago, but I don't post very often.

Good luck with JUDDD.
    Susan
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Welcome to the new JUDDDers! I'm sorry I don't check this part of the boards very often, but feel free to "friend" me. There are quite a lot of us here, but we tend to be a quiet bunch, at least on MFP. It's fun to check out everyone's food logs though! Good luck and enjoy the plan. It really is a great, fun way to lose weight and get healthy!
  • WildPlace
    Thanks for the welcome Keiras_Mom and DryHeet!

I sent a friend request Keiras_mom and i also unlurked myself on LCF - i'm FairyWren on there (and on the active low carber forum which is the place i've mainly hung out but the JUDDD section there is not so active as on LCF)

Cheers

Evie
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Welcome Evie!
  • WildPlace
    Thanks Kelly!
  • NonnyK
    NonnyK Posts: 35 Member
    Hello, I am NonnK! I just recently switched over to doing JUDDD. I am loving it! Lost 2.2 lbs my first week!
  • WildPlace
    Hi Nonny and welcome!
  • kel7298
    Nonnyk you are doing great.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Hiya, I'm Lally.

I've been Juddding for 4 days now and feeling good. I'm not finding the down days hard at the moment but I should probably be more aware of eating enough on the up days. I don't feel hungry after a day on such low calories but usually by the late afternoon on my UDs I find my appetite returning.
    Going to try and get some exercise in this weekend....feeling sluggsh in the mornings still so need to get moving again.

This morning one of my kids asked me ''mumma, why you so big'' I cringed and made a promise that I would give this judddd a real try, even if I don't lose some weeks.
  • WildPlace
    Welcome Lally! Good luck with JUDDD - i've been doing it a month now and LOVE it!

Evie
  • kel7298
    Hiya, I'm Lally.

I've been Juddding for 4 days now and feeling good. I'm not finding the down days hard at the moment but I should probably be more aware of eating enough on the up days. I don't feel hungry after a day on such low calories but usually by the late afternoon on my UDs I find my appetite returning.
    Going to try and get some exercise in this weekend....feeling sluggsh in the mornings still so need to get moving again.

This morning one of my kids asked me ''mumma, why you so big'' I cringed and made a promise that I would give this judddd a real try, even if I don't lose some weeks.

Hi Lally! I hope you find Juddd a great WOE. If you have any questions, just ask here or inbox me.
  • NonnyK
    NonnyK Posts: 35 Member
    Hey Lally!! Nice to meet you! :happy:
  • Hi I'm Hannah, started JUDDDing on Monday =)

So far I've lost a crazy 9.8lbs (in 4 days!)

Loving it so far, having done a lot of diets before its weird being so free in what I can eat!

Any juddders please feel free to add me :) x
  • WildPlace
    Hi Hannah - welcome! Yes, JUDDD is great isn't it! :-) Well done on your weight loss so far

Regards

Evie
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Hi, my name is Valerie. I've been doing intermittent fasting for about a month. I think alternate day diet will fit in perfectly with if and give me a bit more structure that I need. Have any of you seen the BBC program on YouTube: eat, fast, and live longer. It includes an alternate day diet with scientific research. I have been eating high calorie for about 5 days now, so I really need to get back on track.
  • DryHeet
    Welcome Valerie!

I have not seen the BBC program myself, although I've read a little about it. It sounds very interesting and it does sound similar to JUDDD.

Good luck with your journey!
    Susan
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    Hi
    I am Tara and another experimental JUDDDer after seeing the Horizon programme.
    I start tomorrow as a down day and am planning to coincide my up days with my exercise fix.
    Happy to make new friends so feel free to add me. Wish me luck.
  • DryHeet
    Hi Tara,

Welcome! I hope you are successful with your JUDDD experiment!

In your profile, you said you have already been to the JUDDD website, so you are familiar with the calculator. Another good resource is the LCF forum -- http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/ -- there are some threads that list low calorie menu choices for your DDs that might be helpful. The members in LCF are very friendly and helpful too.

Good luck with JUDDDing!
    Susan
  • leefitz26
    leefitz26 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone
    Tomorrow is my first judd day . I have been doing slim and save, but it's not very sociable. I have about 23lb to lose and hoping judd is going to help me achieve this. Been on various sites looking for menu inspiration. Please feel free to add me on mfp. X
    Wish me luck!:smile: