My MFP Anniversary

vegansara
vegansara Posts: 192 Member
Well folks, it's my one year MFP anniversary today. I was hoping that my weight would dip down below 140 for my anniversary, but it didn't happen. While I feel a little disappointed that my weight has been hovering around the same numbers for about six months, I have to remind myself - the number doesn't really matter.

What does matter is that I'm two weeks in to P90X; that I'm getting in about 8 workouts a week; that my size 8 jeans are a little loose (and today I'm wearing some old size 6s, which I just realized); that at least once a week I get a compliment on how good I'm looking; that my husband is now working out with me at least 4 nights a week.

Most importantly, I think - I've learned how to just do it. Even when I don't want to. When I don't want a salad for lunch. When I don't want to put on my workout gear and roll out my yoga mat. When I'd rather lay in bed or get take out or do anything besides working out - at least most of the time - I do it anyway. This matters much more than a little number on the scale.

Thanks, MFPeeps!

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    AMEN!!!!
  • Good for you! and Happy Anniversary!!
  • skoglesby
    skoglesby Posts: 1 Member
    AWESOME! Happy Anniversary! You should be sooo proud of yourself! What an ispiration!
  • SerinaK
    SerinaK Posts: 87
    Good for you! I love P90X. I'm currently doing Insanity. :) I hope you reach that goal of yours :D
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    That's awesome!! I feel the same way... I've finally gotten used to doing all that stuff when I don't want to and the results have been awesome!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    :drinker: happy 1 year
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    You rock!
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Congrats :)
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Very inspiring post. Happy 1st year!!!!! And boy have you accomplished a LOT! Congratulations!
  • Thank you for sharing! what an AWESOME LIFE and MIND change!
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Thanks everyone! I guess maybe I should have added that I HAVE lost about 30 pounds overall . . . but again, the weight loss hardly seems the point anymore. :)
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Sounds like you are kicking asss........keep up the good work. Happy Anniversary.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    So nicely said and DONE!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cuatromommy
    cuatromommy Posts: 120 Member
    Congrats~
  • glenc728
    glenc728 Posts: 4
    Thanks so much - this is so encouraging since I am beginning the journey once again! See you next year.

Rosemarie
  • deedlit90
    deedlit90 Posts: 31 Member
    This is exactly the way I am finally starting to think! The scales are a lot less in my mind now, I just want to be fit and healthy! Congratulations on your anniversary and thanks for sharing! I hope I can keep up with my workouts the same way you do! :-)
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Sounds like you've got this! Congrats on your anniversay!
  • 16SaKy
    16SaKy Posts: 6 Member
    Congratulations and Happy Anniversay!!!!!

With all your success, who needs a scale???:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!