Met a goal I didn't even know was achievable!

Well, my first goal was to lose 10% of my starting weight and run a 5K. I did both by Mother's Day weekend in May. But then I got a little monthly visitor that thanks to PCOS I had not gotten in quite a while. Okay, so maybe my body's in better shape now that I'm taking care of it, controlling those symptoms as well. We went on a vacation and I was totally confident strutting the beach in a (modest) two piece, so I have a great NSV there. Only gained two pounds while on vacation. I assumed it was water weight, because if I was going to have the "visitor" again, it would show up our last day at the beach.

But it didn't come on Friday.
Or Saturday.
Or Sunday.
Or Monday.
But, dawgone it, I felt PMS-y and sore.
So Tuesday, I went to the store and picked up a PT.

For the first time in 11 years of trying to conceive, and 18 months after adopting two precious little girls from Russia, I saw - for the first time ever - a positive Pregnancy Test result!

I always dreamed about posting my MFP success story when I met my fitness and weight loss goals. But this one really threw me for a loop.

Thanks for helping me stick to the plan, guys!
Jo
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Well, my first goal was to lose 10% of my starting weight and run a 5K. I did both by Mother's Day weekend in May. But then I got a little monthly visitor that thanks to PCOS I had not gotten in quite a while. Okay, so maybe my body's in better shape now that I'm taking care of it, controlling those symptoms as well. We went on a vacation and I was totally confident strutting the beach in a (modest) two piece, so I have a great NSV there. Only gained two pounds while on vacation. I assumed it was water weight, because if I was going to have the "visitor" again, it would show up our last day at the beach.

But it didn't come on Friday.
    Or Saturday.
    Or Sunday.
    Or Monday.
    But, dawgone it, I felt PMS-y and sore.
    So Tuesday, I went to the store and picked up a PT.

For the first time in 11 years of trying to conceive, and 18 months after adopting two precious little girls from Russia, I saw - for the first time ever - a positive Pregnancy Test result!

I always dreamed about posting my MFP success story when I met my fitness and weight loss goals. But this one really threw me for a loop.

Thanks for helping me stick to the plan, guys!
    Jo
    :flowerforyou:

Congratulations!!!!!
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Congratulations!
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Congratulations! Im hoping for that...AFTER I get to my goal weight though, lol!
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Congratulations!!! What a great NSV!
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Congrats!!! :)
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    That's awesome!! Congratulations!!!!!!
  • Kdra_204
    Kdra_204 Posts: 7
    Amazing! Congrats!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Congratulations! How exciting.:flowerforyou:
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    What a blessing and super awesome NSV! Congrats.
  • Devonwood
    Devonwood Posts: 44 Member
    Congratulations!!!!! I have PCOS also (and currently PMS-ing again for the first time in God knows how long), so I know just how exciting that is to see a positive result!
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Congratulations! Have a healthy and happy pregnancy, best of luck to you.
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Congrats!
  • Mom2PAK
    Mom2PAK Posts: 27 Member
    That's awesome. Congrats!
  • What a wonderful NSV!!!!! Congratulations!

Now, keep logging your food and don't go crazy. That lil bambino only needs 300 more calories a day than what you were currently taking in! I goofed big time with my 1st pregnancy and tried to religiously follow the diet in What to Expect When You're Expecting but it was WAY too many calories for my activity level! I gained 50 lbs with that kiddo and have never lost it all (he is 18 now! LOL)
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    OMG HOW AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I have goosebumps, my sister also has PCOS and I know how long & how much a struggle it is to conceive. Congrats!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    OMG! That is fantastic. Congratulations! I pray for an easy, happy pregnancy for you!! :)
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Congratulations! That is fantastic news
  • njgal35
    njgal35 Posts: 28
    congrats!
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    OMG! That is great! Congratulations!!!!!!!
  • Apsalmss27
    Apsalmss27 Posts: 21 Member
    Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!