Eat, then log, or log, then eat?

124»

Replies

• heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    I think logging has become my appetizer. By the time I'm done, I'm ready to dig in. :drinker:

hahaha i feel the same way haha
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Most days I log my whole day in advance to see how my calories are looking and what I need to take to work for lunch/snacks.
    If plans change, it makes it easy to where I can make substitutions.
    If I'm not sure what we're doing for dinner I'll just drop in 500 or so quick cals to "hold" those calories.
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    I always eat and exercise then log. I do it as I go. I have gotten accustomed to what I can and can't have.
  • minaeve25
    minaeve25 Posts: 17 Member
    I ate a steak then logged it after. It was 900 calories. If I had knwn I wld have only ate half. Now I always log first.
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    I eat, then log. But I look at the caloric intake per serving on the container if I can.
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    I ate a steak then logged it after. It was 900 calories. If I had knwn I wld have only ate half. Now I always log first.

I've not eaten red meat in a long time, then the same thing happened a week ago. Damn delicious skirt steak!
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    Most days I log my whole day in advance to see how my calories are looking and what I need to take to work for lunch/snacks.
    If plans change, it makes it easy to where I can make substitutions.
    If I'm not sure what we're doing for dinner I'll just drop in 500 or so quick cals to "hold" those calories.

That's a good idea. I'm going to use the calorie holder as well. Thanks.
  • Ill usually look up what I'm eating first, then eat, then log
  • lavr
    lavr Posts: 19
    I try to log right before I eat, so I can see how the portion size affects the calorie count, and then I try to stay with that portion size when getting my food.

sometimes I do go over it though, and then I'll just edit it later.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    LOG THEN EAT!

Failing to plan is planning to fail! :drinker: