Coffee doesn't wake you up.

Replies

• summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    My morning cup of coffee is delivered to me in bed by a gorgeous 6'3" man, so yeah, it wakes me up in the best possible way!
  • notaperfect10
    notaperfect10 Posts: 48 Member
    You believe' The Daily Mail' ... Enough Said!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    This is 2 minutes of my life I will never get back.

UK people know nothing about coffee, even I know that!
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    5nAnl.png
  • siobherz
    siobherz Posts: 20 Member
    i only drink coffee when i seeeriously need to and it without a doubt wakes u up...look into caffeine :| also no one ever believes the daily mail lol that's well known
  • Coffee does have other health benefits ,so maybe you should expand your research. Dr. Oz recommends 3 cups a day.
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Meh, NPR told me coffee was good for me last week.
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    I'd do my own research and refrain from relying on the Daily Mail.

That being said, I can understand the idea of a cup of coffee reversing the effect of caffeine withdrawal in those who are indeed 'addicted' to the stimulant. That is how smoking works - it brings nicotine blood levels back up with that first drag, so smokers would be better off not lighting up at all. For those of us who are NOT addicted and find a higher level of alertness and improved performance after consuming coffee, though, it's hard to believe that it's "all in your head." Aside from that, there are countless studies and peer-reviewed articles and reports on the effectiveness of caffeine, especially in sports enhancement.

It's an interesting article but with all the evidence to the contrary, I think they need to do more specific trials and perhaps some longitudinal studies before straight-up tossing out the coffee or caffeine.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    eer yeh should probably say I'm really anti people who say they need a coffee to wake up or just have coffee for 'breakfast'. :oP

I'm really anti people who tell me how to live my life.

Err how did I tell you how to live your life??? You seem grumpy, go have a coffee :huh:

I find it weird that people are so opinionated about a drink. and I find it even more weird that people laugh about addiction. *shrug*

I find it werid that someone who appears so opinionated about a drink finds it weird that other people are opinionated about a drink. I do want to say that I wasn't laughing about "addiction" so much as what you're trying to pass off as supportable scientific research. Come back with peer reviewed research paper as opposed to an opinion artice that loosely references some sort of "research" from the daily mail and I'll take your point seriously on the "coffee doesn't actually do anything to wake you up."
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I do know that coffee and caffeine in general wake me up and will keep me from sleeping. If I have anything with caffeine after around 6pm, I won't be able to sleep until about 2am.

Plus coffee in the morning at work has saved more than 1 life.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    It's not just the coffee, it's the morning ritual I enjoy. I get up way before the fam, have my coffee, and poke around on the internet. I love everything about it from the way it smells to the way it tastes. My days are much happier with coffee. Plus, it's sterile and I like the taste.

Exactly what I wanted to say, to a tee. Coffee brings me joy.
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    I have no opinion on this except I love my coffee, the taste, the smell, the feel of my warm mug in my hand. I'll drink either, regular or decaf. If I drink regular, I drink water with it, less jitters!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    eer yeh should probably say I'm really anti people who say they need a coffee to wake up or just have coffee for 'breakfast'. :oP

oh yeh, should also say I'm not a fan of addictions.
    I'm not a fan of people who have opinions on what I eat and drink.
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    oh my god, do you honestly think I am going to believe that the Daily ****ing Mail is a widely regarded research organisation and you should follow its statements to a tee? I thought it was interesting, offers a viewpoint I'd never seen written anywhere before. Whether it's gospel or not, did I SAY it was gospel?!?

Cheeses H Christ. You people really ARE addicted.

I'm just sick of hearing poor *kitten* excuses from people about why they're ****ty or why they're tired because they haven't had their gazillionth cup of coffee for the day. and I'm a little tired of hearing people wonder why they're not losing weight when they are calling coffee breakfast. Two common things that really s**t me. Maybe I should change the title to 'Things that *kitten* me. oh and this article says coffee doesn't wake you up.'

Can I delete this topic? Holy moly, never question people's addictions. Lesson learnt.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    I usually make a decaf/caf mix. Too much caffeine makes me sleepy..
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    someone needs to take a valium and calm down.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Says someone that has coffee in their diary most days.....:huh:
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    I enjoy coffee and espresso regardless of any study. :flowerforyou:
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    I'd do my own research and refrain from relying on the Daily Mail.

That being said, I can understand the idea of a cup of coffee reversing the effect of caffeine withdrawal in those who are indeed 'addicted' to the stimulant. That is how smoking works - it brings nicotine blood levels back up with that first drag, so smokers would be better off not lighting up at all. For those of us who are NOT addicted and find a higher level of alertness and improved performance after consuming coffee, though, it's hard to believe that it's "all in your head." Aside from that, there are countless studies and peer-reviewed articles and reports on the effectiveness of caffeine, especially in sports enhancement.

It's an interesting article but with all the evidence to the contrary, I think they need to do more specific trials and perhaps some longitudinal studies before straight-up tossing out the coffee or caffeine.

Out of habit, I drank one cup of coffee with breakfast every day for 3 months then stopped the coffee and wondered why I got headaches. Withdrawal that quick which scared the **** out of me. oh and I used to find a double shot of coffee before a field hockey game would guarantee me Best Player every single time. But then I couldn't sleep.

I still drink coffee. I'm not anti it as someone said, just anti people who use it as an excuse.
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    I think maybe you need some chamomile? It's very nice and calming.