Coffee doesn't wake you up.

Replies

• leebaser
    leebaser Posts: 38
    From the very article...a Dr. said "'There is an overwhelming wealth of evidence showing that caffeine does increase alertness levels by acting as a stimulant on the central nervous system by prompting the release of adrenaline,' he said.
    "
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Love, love, love my coffee!! I've had at least 2 cups a day for the last 25 years, yum!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I have coffee for breakfast.
  • Rosaleeh81
    Rosaleeh81 Posts: 34
    Coffee never wakes me up.:) I can drink one before I go to bed and sleep in 10 minutes.

me tooo!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Coffee! Mmmmmm, is my little bit of heaven. :drinker: I also drink it before I go out in the morning for my run.
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    I stopped drinking coffee and other caffeinated drinks because I don't like having to rely on it to wake me up in the morning, without the caffeine withdrawals I don't need to drink it, and my caffeine withdrawals included headaches, extreme tiredness and dizziness.

I much prefer hot water and lemon in the mornings now
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    I'll take my medical advice from the Daily Mail when I start getting the truth about celebrities from the National Enquirer.

*sips black tea*
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Speak for yourself.

Even if coffee weren't a stimulant, it has other benefits, including antioxidants. We should all have a cup!

:drinker:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    I like addictions...
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    I'll take my medical advice from the Daily Mail when I start getting the truth about celebrities from the National Enquirer.

*sips black tea*

This!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    I still drink coffee. I'm not anti it as someone said, just anti people who use it as an excuse.

caffeine is the number one ingredient in most weight loss and/or fat burning pills. caffeine is a proven stimulant that has many health benefits when taken in moderation.

I am not saying it is effective for fat burning or weight loss, although IMO it is to a degree, but I dont know anyone in my life that use it as an "excuse".
  • LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    Coffee never wakes me up.:) I can drink one before I go to bed and sleep in 10 minutes.

Coffee before bed helps you sleep faster. ;)
  • LesterBlackstone
    LesterBlackstone Posts: 291 Member
    I still drink coffee. I'm not anti it as someone said, just anti people who use it as an excuse.

caffeine is the number one ingredient in most weight loss and/or fat burning pills. caffeine is a proven stimulant that has many health benefits when taken in moderation.

I am not saying it is effective for fat burning or weight loss, although IMO it is to a degree, but I dont know anyone in my life that use it as an "excuse".

It's also an appetite-suppressant.
  • erikatoth
    erikatoth Posts: 26 Member
    It makes me feel better, and that's all I need.

aye to that.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    D'ya know what? I don't care if it doesn't wake me up, I enjoy not only that first mug of coffee in the morning, but all the coffee I drink, else I wouldn't drink it. :drinker:
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    It's not just the coffee, it's the morning ritual I enjoy. I get up way before the fam, have my coffee, and poke around on the internet. I love everything about it from the way it smells to the way it tastes. My days are much happier with coffee. Plus, it's sterile and I like the taste.

I agree. Way to throw in a good quote too :)
  • bandenna
    bandenna Posts: 89 Member
    it was coffee or meth...

I think I chose the right one...

I see what you did there :tongue:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    I agree that coffee doesn't wake you up. I get more of an energy boost from a piece of fruit. That comes from someone who has 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning. I don't need it to wake up but I do enjoy it with my breakfast.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    I like it because it's tasty and is a good low-calorie appetite suppressant. I drink decaf - just a smidge of caffeine is acceptable for me.
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    I pulled this off of WebMD.... Here is the URL http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/coffee-new-health-food

By Neil Osterweil
    WebMD Feature
    Reviewed by Jonathan L Gelfand, MD

Coffee may taste good and get you going in the morning, but what will it do for your health?

A growing body of research shows that coffee drinkers, compared to nondrinkers, are:

less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and dementia
    have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes

“There is certainly much more good news than bad news, in terms of coffee and health,” says Frank Hu, MD, MPH, PhD, nutrition and epidemiology professor at the Harvard School of Public Health.

As long as you dont load it up on sugar and cream, I think you are good to go....