Coffee doesn't wake you up.

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Your study sucks *kitten* cuz it sure as *kitten* wakes me up. It's called caffeine and it's a scientific fact caffeine gives you energy.

You can tell I'm not a fan of know-it-alls.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    5nAnl.png

I saw this yesterday! Hello, fellow imgur fan!
  • Think of how thin you'd be on meth though. Just kidding OF COURSE.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    5nAnl.png

ahahahahahahhahahahaahaha <3
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    5nAnl.png

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I thought I was weird lol
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    True true. Our bodies can get used to coffee, just like other things really quick.

Had a nutritionist say an apple can actually wake you up more effectively than a coffee ever could. I'm prob at the stage with my morning coffee now that its all psychological the wake up energy part ha ha ha.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    my cousin had an addiction to coffee, she decided to quit to save some money, she had a migraine for about a week. she has been coffee free for 4 months and says she sleeps better at night and feels better during the day not having to feed the addiction
  • beth_816
    beth_816 Posts: 19
    My alarm clock (or the sun on my day off) is what "wakes me up".
    Caffeine is a chemical that affects everyone differently.

For me it is a stimulant and can, in fact, KEEP me awake so I can not have it after 10 am or I'm up til 3 am--though at that point I'm not very "alert".

Then there's the whole--I don't really care what anyone thinks about what I do or don't do.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    it was coffee or meth...

I think I chose the right one...

Does that mean I can have your coffee?!

:drinker:
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Did a search - no dice so I think I'm in the clear for posting this.

Coffee doesn't wake you up - that early morning cup just reverses the effect of overnight withdrawal - according to a study.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1283421/Coffee-does-NOT-wake-Its-mind.html

eer yeh should probably say I'm really anti people who say they need a coffee to wake up or just have coffee for 'breakfast'. :oP

oh yeh, should also say I'm not a fan of addictions.

I did a study too. I found that I really don't like people that try to tell other people how to live their life. :glasses:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    I just finished a cup and I certainly feel less groggy
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I love the smell of coffee, hate the taste, so I don't drink it.

But no one has ever robbed, murdered or crashed a car into something or someone because he or she drank coffee. I'm not sure why anyone would be so upset that others drink coffee as to look up studies and post about how terrible it is.

Not to mention that there have been several recent studies that say coffee can prevent things like Alzheimer's disease.

Like everything else, in moderation it has benefits. And if you're going to have an addiction, better coffee than many other possibilities.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    I don't drink coffee everyday. I randomly have a cup once in awhile and it's usually strong as hell. I only drink it when I'm feeling really tried and it seems to perk me right up.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    I love my coffee.... I drink about 2 or 3 cups a day. No more, then it tastes awful! But, boy, do I love those 2 cups first thing in the morning. I wouldn't say it wakes me up. But it sure makes waking up lovely... :happy: :drinker:
  • kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    I'm hesitant to believe anything from The Daily Mail...
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Did a search - no dice so I think I'm in the clear for posting this.

Coffee doesn't wake you up - that early morning cup just reverses the effect of overnight withdrawal - according to a study.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1283421/Coffee-does-NOT-wake-Its-mind.html

eer yeh should probably say I'm really anti people who say they need a coffee to wake up or just have coffee for 'breakfast'. :oP

oh yeh, should also say I'm not a fan of addictions.

I did a study too. I found that I really don't like people that try to tell other people how to live their life. :glasses:

Ah, I am used to being told what to do, and how to live... The Army beat that into me... I just smile and Nod.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    How's the weather up there?
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    One study does not a fact make.

You don't like coffee that's your bag. But there's a study that supports nearly any claim- coffee is good for you, coffee is bad for you, coffee is indifferent, aliens made coffee to disable and confuse us, etc.

By and large, it doesn't matter. I want coffee. I have coffee. You don't want, don't have.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    It's the best part of waking up, lol. My children are much better off because I drink coffee.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    By and large, it doesn't matter. I want coffee. I have coffee. You don't want, don't have.

You're such a radical.