hard time this week...

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
I'm having such a difficult time controlling myself when it comes to food this week. I just want to eat everything in site. I binged on Monday (not proud of) and yesterday and today are really difficult. I'm trying but it seems to be stronger than me.
I think part of it is because my best friend (who is always there to support me through everything) is leaving tomorrow for 3 weeks to South Africa. If she loves it, she will probably move there by the end of the year.
I'm trying not be selfish and be happy for her but it so hard. :cry: :cry: :cry:
This probably sounds really high school to you guys but you have to understand that she has been there for my ups, my downs and she is truly the only friend who understands me, never judges me and is just there to listen no matter how many she's heard the same story. She is truly one of a kind.

Thanks for listening.

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    I'm having such a difficult time controlling myself when it comes to food this week. I just want to eat everything in site. I binged on Monday (not proud of) and yesterday and today are really difficult. I'm trying but it seems to be stronger than me.
    I think part of it is because my best friend (who is always there to support me through everything) is leaving tomorrow for 3 weeks to South Africa. If she loves it, she will probably move there by the end of the year.
    I'm trying not be selfish and be happy for her but it so hard. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    This probably sounds really high school to you guys but you have to understand that she has been there for my ups, my downs and she is truly the only friend who understands me, never judges me and is just there to listen no matter how many she's heard the same story. She is truly one of a kind.

Thanks for listening.
  • Tgeorge
    Tgeorge Posts: 49
    Options
    Try just getting by hour by hour instead of an all or nothing for a day. I am sure others will chime in with getting out for a walk or something. I suggest getting a special cup of coffee or glass of wine if you make it for 24 hours, manicure for the next 24 hours, etc.. Just do this for about a week until you can get back in the groove of things. Keep a journal while your friend is gone and write down everything you would say to her and/or send yourself an e-mail that you woudl have sent to her.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. My best friend moved away almost a year ago and it has been the hardest year of my life it seems!! My hubby is not a great stand-in either. There is just no one like a best friend. I have been telling myself she is just a phone call away, and when I really need her I can just call and she will be there to listen. I am thinking about taking a class at the local YMCA to meet other people, but haven't psyched myself up yet to do that. She is pretty much my only friend, and I need to have others.:cry:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I understand how your feeling, I too am having one of those kind of weeks.

Keep your head up sweetie.
  • Mireille
    Options
    Thank you for your support everyone.
    My hubby isn't that great at listening either and my other friends just aren't the same.

I like the "take it one hour at a time" suggestion. I feel like a big baby.
    Anyhow, I've already told her that she will come home to a million e-mails. lol
    I know my issue isn't her going there for 3 weeks but the strong possibility of her moving so far away. Africa isn't a hop skip and a jump away.

Anyhow, thanks again. So far I'm doing okay. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Distance is hard, but you can maintain the close, caring friendship. My best friend is STILL my high school girlfriend and due to distance, money, families, etc, we have only seen each other 3x's in the past 7 years, but talk, email and all of the above and we both know that we will always be there if the other needs us. Long distance hugs are hard, but just as good.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Get that sugar-free jello out, and a squirt of store brand whipping cream that you shoot out of the can (can't remember the proper word for that) is not so high in calories that you can't have a couple tablespoons. You'll think you're cheating, while filling up.

Hang in there. If I can do this, you can. I have no willpower. Or didn't last week. Now that i'm adjusting to the second week of this, it has gotten easier.

Also, read my post on why it is harder for women to lose weight even when exercising. It is full of tips to help you keep your nose to the grindstone so to speak. Good luck, we all have days (weeks, months) like this.